SBS new Mercedes Citaro bus

Wubb

The bus looks nice n comfort. But how come sbs transit buy so many single deck buses?

Edited by 13177

The bus looks nice n comfort. But how come sbs transit buy so many single deck buses?

coz all the double decker buses were destroyed by FT bus drivers and decided it's not practical?

Edited by Aeromania

What a lousy design!

Looking at the rear portion, seems that only one line of standing passenger possible.

Not possible to stand two rows, as backside will be rubbing with backside or c--k rubbing with the sitting passenger.

This bus will make more people to squeeze at the front and exit!! Poor design from the look of the narrow rear recessed floor space.

Wa kinda weird leh...

I thought SBS always would only use Volvo or Scania...

Then SMRT would be the Citaro bus....

Now SBS also started to use Citaro?

[sweatdrop]

Wa kinda weird leh...

I thought SBS always would only use Volvo or Scania...

Then SMRT would be the Citaro bus....

Now SBS also started to use Citaro?

[sweatdrop]

Not true. SBS used to have Merc 0405s in their fleets. Those have already or are in the midst of being laid up. Not too long ago actually.

SBS82K-281G_MB0405-Alexander.jpg

Edited by Happily1986

Not true. SBS used to have Merc 0405s in their fleets. Those have already or are in the midst of being laid up. Not too long ago actually.

Kinda suprised ma...

SBS got a Volvo B7RLE as a demonstrator...

Somemore SBS mostly used Volvo thus i'm kinda surprised as they decided Citaro over the demonstrator unit...

Anyway, SMRT also purchased the Citaro (11 units)...Not the commonly seen Mercedes Benz OC500LE

And SBS also got the Citaro bus (300 units)

Kind of coincidence [sweatdrop]

Anw info i gotten is from wiki

[:)]

Kinda suprised ma...

SBS got a Volvo B7RLE as a demonstrator...

Somemore SBS mostly used Volvo thus i'm kinda surprised as they decided Citaro over the demonstrator unit...

Anyway, SMRT also purchased the Citaro (11 units)...Not the commonly seen Mercedes Benz OC500LE

And SBS also got the Citaro bus (300 units)

Kind of coincidence [sweatdrop]

Anw info i gotten is from wiki

SMRT is kind of finicky as a buyer. They actually got one Citaro demonstrator bus for free for their own "trial test". Pilot tested for 1 year which concluded a few months ago. I think it was favourable hence they bought a few of the Citaros. If i am not wrong the buy went through Cycle and Carriage.

SBS and SMRT are quite different when it comes to buying buses. For one, SBS can whack alot more buses. I think Daimler bang balls when they heard that SBS bought 1100 KUBs from Scania.

Secondly, SMRT almost always buy CBU buses while SBS prefers to buy them CKD with the bodyworks assembled inhouse by their sister company Comfort Delgro Engineering. I think first batch might be CBU but the subsequent majority are all assembled locally sans the chassis. ^_^

the one who decide to get this is a no brainer, less seats less standing space means less ppl can board the bus. What's next claim to need to have more buses or increase frequency, bus fares up again

the one who decide to get this is a no brainer, less seats less standing space means less ppl can board the bus. What's next claim to need to have more buses or increase frequency, bus fares up again

FYI, these low board buses are designed for easier access for disabled ppl via the back door

↡ Advertisement