PR give up status to siam NS. Now trying to get PR back

Shull

Turbocharged

http://forum.singaporeexpats.com/ftopic65149.html

i have grown up and stayed in singapore since baby. born a malaysian. i gave up pr at 19yo to further my studies. after which i had been working in singapore for almost 12yrs under q1 pass. recently married a singapore wife and bought a condo. things get a bit desperate after they rejected my q1 pass recently. after one appeal they gave it to me. now i feel very insecure as my family and wife are all singaporean. ica rejected my application for pr last year, first time i apply after 14yrs. a friend told me to write direct to ica to appeal, to whom, i don't know. any advice anyone?

time for a update and i am here coz still will be waiting. this time is EP issue and itz a nightmare like 2 yrs ago...kind of expected it. like 2yrs ago, my company will appeal for me. now keeping my finger crossed. u see 'ps' , itz so scary, even my 11yrs working here cannot guarantee an EP. don't even dare to think of PR after 40...haha. but by than god knows what will happen.

anyway.....finally got to meet our west coast MP few mths ago. had a 10min session with Mr Iswaran. he knew my case is complicated but not hopeless. he say i am lucky already since i still can get my EP while many others was denied. he told me to be patient with the PR thingy and go back to him in future when my situation is more substantial. kind of knew what he meant. i must play my part too.hahaha...and he also promise next time is no more ICA....he will bring my case to the Home Affair. really appreciate his time for the people. not me but my singaporean grrl.

there is still so much task for me to settle for my company. and this EP issue is really affecting my performance. hope it will be over soon.

NBz.. Enjoy for 19yrs.. siam 2yrs of liability, now you want to enjoy again..

Edited by Shull
↡ Advertisement

http://forum.singaporeexpats.com/ftopic65149.html

i have grown up and stayed in singapore since baby. born a malaysian. i gave up pr at 19yo to further my studies. after which i had been working in singapore for almost 12yrs under q1 pass. recently married a singapore wife and bought a condo. things get a bit desperate after they rejected my q1 pass recently. after one appeal they gave it to me. now i feel very insecure as my family and wife are all singaporean. ica rejected my application for pr last year, first time i apply after 14yrs. a friend told me to write direct to ica to appeal, to whom, i don't know. any advice anyone?

time for a update and i am here coz still will be waiting. this time is EP issue and itz a nightmare like 2 yrs ago...kind of expected it. like 2yrs ago, my company will appeal for me. now keeping my finger crossed. u see 'ps' , itz so scary, even my 11yrs working here cannot guarantee an EP. don't even dare to think of PR after 40...haha. but by than god knows what will happen.

anyway.....finally got to meet our west coast MP few mths ago. had a 10min session with Mr Iswaran. he knew my case is complicated but not hopeless. he say i am lucky already since i still can get my EP while many others was denied. he told me to be patient with the PR thingy and go back to him in future when my situation is more substantial. kind of knew what he meant. i must play my part too.hahaha...and he also promise next time is no more ICA....he will bring my case to the Home Affair. really appreciate his time for the people. not me but my singaporean grrl.

there is still so much task for me to settle for my company. and this EP issue is really affecting my performance. hope it will be over soon.

NBz.. Enjoy for 19yrs.. siam 2yrs of liability, now you want to enjoy again..

Well, we all know what's gonna happen after elections....

the perennial NS issue for PRs will be a constant bugbear... i personally know of past and present PR.. NS ? totally out of equation... definitely no NS for their sons

Neutral Newbie

Cant stand this....there is a rule to follow. Wonder why ICA reject, there must be a reason. If the reason is good enough, how can the MP overrides it. The MP only met him for 10 minutes and that is sufficient for him to make that kind of promise to bypass ICA and go straight to Home Affairs....

I wonder whether the MP realized that it is very likely he gave up the PR to avoid NS....

Turbocharged

What's new? I have seen a lot of these koo niah malaysian guys in singapore, some unfortunately i counted as acquaintance.

You serve NS, even if you decided to keep your PR status for whatever reason, fine enough.. The 2yrs of sweat and blood makes us brothers.. You don't serve the 2yrs, please F off from my uncaring Singaporean face.. :angry:

Neutral Newbie

one of my close mates is a burmese who have been in singapore since before he entered primary school, all the way till now (and yes, he served his NS). But till now, he is still a PR although he applied for citizenship quite a long while ago.

Turbocharged

one of my close mates is a burmese who have been in singapore since before he entered primary school, all the way till now (and yes, he served his NS). But till now, he is still a PR although he applied for citizenship quite a long while ago.

He will be based more on his personal merit rather than whether he served his NS(although that will be taken into account).. If he had applied for citizenship when he's still serving, it's 100% confirm he'll get it as MINDEF will be the one supporting his application.

This case is different, as he had already gotten his PR.

Citizenship or not, he'll get to stay and work here.

if they approved this, more f--kers like him will follow and take advantage. Then how about us, we also want to earn out first million fast.

Give up PR to further studies at 19yrs old. LOL

Still dare to come & CPCB. Seriously, I will be angry if they allow his PR status. [mad]

true saint, we do have the best system in the world that can proof anything. didn't realise the consequences than. thought i could earn my first million faster if i step into the society earlier. i would go ns if itz a requirement for my pr. but other problem arise. got to sell my condo coz ns pay is never going to be what i am getting now. and do they really want a 33yo soldier? i am just desperate. i want to be with my wife,family and friends. all here, where can i go? and thanks mr e. i will go ica tomorrow and try apply thru spouse.

This is what he wrote in one of the reply. I am very the hot now!

Anyway, the article is almost 2 years old liao.

Edited by Kiadaw

i thought u marry singaporean means u become singapore PR le?

Who says so?

I have cousins whom marry Vietnamese but all were granted social visit pass (5 years)

-_-

Who says so?

I have cousins whom marry Vietnamese but all were granted social visit pass (5 years)

-_-

long term social visit?

long term social visit?

Not very sure...never really ask

But this is what my cousins told me when were at CNY this year...

A few got babies liao...

Now they scard, the wives unable to get PRs

[sweatdrop]

Turbocharged

Give up PR to further studies at 19yrs old. LOL

Still dare to come & CPCB. Seriously, I will be angry if they allow his PR status. [mad]

true saint, we do have the best system in the world that can proof anything. didn't realise the consequences than. thought i could earn my first million faster if i step into the society earlier. i would go ns if itz a requirement for my pr. but other problem arise. got to sell my condo coz ns pay is never going to be what i am getting now. and do they really want a 33yo soldier? i am just desperate. i want to be with my wife,family and friends. all here, where can i go? and thanks mr e. i will go ica tomorrow and try apply thru spouse.

This is what he wrote in one of the reply. I am very the hot now!

Anyway, the article is almost 2 years old liao.

Latest one is quite recent.. thankfully, he's now still on Employment Pass

Well, we all know what's gonna happen after elections....

sigh...it is no secret, even that ah long has again emphasized that we peasants need FT to give us job, after erection he sure no give chance liao......

↡ Advertisement