Toyota Wish or Honda Stream

Kelvingoh45

Neutral Newbie

Good to see this 7 year old thread bump up as I am considering this.

So Wish is better than Stream then?

I have driven Stream, older n the current model Wish. If u need the space then go for Wish. The current Wish is better then older Wish in term of handling as it's come with VSC n traction control.

↡ Advertisement

I have driven Stream, older n the current model Wish. If u need the space then go for Wish. The current Wish is better then older Wish in term of handling as it's come with VSC n traction control.

Agree, the old Wish is the worst handling car I have ever driven, it has a mind of its own.

I'm driving a 2.5 year old Qashqai 1.2 but need to get a 7 seater. Not looking at new cars as I just want something low cost and low depre.

2nd hand market have quite a number of 2-4yo wish

Neutral Newbie

I think both models stopped liao right? Why not Mazda 5? 

I think there is still 2 PI which still have Wish (saw on sgcarmart). If can afford, go for Estima, u will never regret. [:p] [:p] [:p]

Neutral Newbie

Im also thinking to get used car. Anyone tested with more than 10 years old Jap car 

Pls advise...  after 10 yrs, car still tahanable? .. lol

Spare part exp boh..  ?  Kumsia 

14 minutes ago, Ah-Ho said:

Im also thinking to get used car. Anyone tested with more than 10 years old Jap car 

Pls advise...  after 10 yrs, car still tahanable? .. lol

Spare part exp boh..  ?  Kumsia 

Depends on if it has been trashed by PHV drivers. 

The 2004-2009 wish was very robust. 160k km only had valve gasket leak. Rear shocks, engine mounts and aircon. Everything else was 10k km oil changes. 

Edited by Mkl22

On 10/6/2019 at 7:32 PM, StreamRSZ said:

anything about stream can ask me. RSZ owner here. Stream i know alot.

Jus got a stock RSZ renew coe. If 80% highway driving possible to get fc >10km/? Not heavy footer. Mainly only 2 pax in car

2 hours ago, Kru said:

Jus got a stock RSZ renew coe. If 80% highway driving possible to get fc >10km/? Not heavy footer. Mainly only 2 pax in car

yes able to. but depends on your driving pattern and habit also. and whether the car is properly maintain also plays apart.

3 hours ago, StreamRSZ said:

yes able to. but depends on your driving pattern and habit also. and whether the car is properly maintain also plays apart.

Thanks for the reply. Expecting to get car by this week. 

Will bring it to my regular mechanic to give it a check for any issues that require action. Hope no major issue

Based on your experience what are the parts or steps that can help in fuel consumption? As said my driving pattern is 80% highway with mostly only myself and wife in 🚘

8 hours ago, Kru said:

Thanks for the reply. Expecting to get car by this week. 

Will bring it to my regular mechanic to give it a check for any issues that require action. Hope no major issue

Based on your experience what are the parts or steps that can help in fuel consumption? As said my driving pattern is 80% highway with mostly only myself and wife in 🚘

bes is to clean out all the  important sensors & valve, clean throttle body, use 5w30 engine oil if possible. change your valve cover gasket, change vtec solenoid valve gasket, crankshaft O ring etc. remmebr to change out all old oil eg: engine oil, ATF oil, coolant. make sure ATF oil dont anyhow use. use honda genuine ATF DW-1. and dont over filled else will feel sluggish.  replace fuel pump and regulator valve and top filter.

Edited by StreamRSZ

6 hours ago, StreamRSZ said:

bes is to clean out all the  important sensors & valve, clean throttle body, use 5w30 engine oil if possible. change your valve cover gasket, change vtec solenoid valve gasket, crankshaft O ring etc. remmebr to change out all old oil eg: engine oil, ATF oil, coolant. make sure ATF oil dont anyhow use. use honda genuine ATF DW-1. and dont over filled else will feel sluggish.  replace fuel pump and regulator valve and top filter.

👍

↡ Advertisement