How many bros are driving wagon?

KARTer

Just wondering if any bros are driving a wagon??

Maybe not too many.....

I am currently driving one, made in Japan :D (but not the one in the avatar, that's a van!)

Btw, a related question: are models such as Airwave (5-seater, big rear hatch 'cargo' space) considered as a wagon or just a hatchback?? (mine is not a Airwave, just a plain wagon)

Toyota, Subaru, Mitsubishi, Korean, conti, etc all have wagons in the market, oh ya, Alfa also has 156/9 wagon.... etc etc

If we have enough wagons here, maybe one day we can hold a wagon meetup [:)]

Edited by KARTer
↡ Advertisement

Subbin....

Would be cool to see a proper wagon meetup in sing.

All the best and hope you get people into it.

Anyway my two cents i think the airwave is a wagon, it has all the characteristics.

Subbin....

Would be cool to see a proper wagon meetup in sing.

All the best and hope you get people into it.

Anyway my two cents i think the airwave is a wagon, it has all the characteristics.

what about models like Diahatsu Material? ......... it's not exactly a hatchback... also wagon??

Audi A3 also looks like a wagon to me, but they say its a hatchback.....

Hmmmm i would say those are hatchbacks.

Personally for me, the qualifying criteria for the term "wagon" is a rectangular body with a boot lid stretched all the way to the back.

A secondary criteria would be more than 5 seats but this is not necessarily true.

Those two vehicles are still relatively squarish from any viewpoint, and the A3 looks closer to a sedan.

Then again im not qualified to make statements as i've never owned either a hatchback or a wagon lol, just a layman's observation ! :P

Just wondering if any bros are driving a wagon??

Maybe not too many.....

I am currently driving one, made in Japan :D (but not the one in the avatar, that's a van!)

Btw, a related question: are models such as Airwave (5-seater, big rear hatch 'cargo' space) considered as a wagon or just a hatchback?? (mine is not a Airwave, just a plain wagon)

Toyota, Subaru, Mitsubishi, Korean, conti, etc all have wagons in the market, oh ya, Alfa also has 156/9 wagon.... etc etc

If we have enough wagons here, maybe one day we can hold a wagon meetup [:)]

Is MPV like Estima counted as Wagon? [laugh] [laugh] [laugh]

Hmmmm i would say those are hatchbacks.

Personally for me, the qualifying criteria for the term "wagon" is a rectangular body with a boot lid stretched all the way to the back.

A secondary criteria would be more than 5 seats but this is not necessarily true.

Those two vehicles are still relatively squarish from any viewpoint, and the A3 looks closer to a sedan.

Then again im not qualified to make statements as i've never owned either a hatchback or a wagon lol, just a layman's observation ! :P

Now.. this is a real wagon.. [:p] [:p] [:p]

post-59288-1303839094_thumb.jpg

Neutral Newbie

472px-Three_body_styles_with_pillars_and_boxes.png

The (wagon) body style transforms a standard three-box design into a two-box design

Edited by Ivant

I drive an E250 estate/wagon. Lots of boot space. The boot space can be converted into a 2 child-seat configuration.

Edited by Kyosho1

meet up discuss wad? how many vegetables can put behind?

Hunt for the cheapest car wash in JB that charges Saloon rate for wagon then discuss the vegetable thingy..

Neutral Newbie

Hi guys, just want to ask the owners why chose the wagon? Do you guys need to carry a lot of items very often so much so that the sedan space is never sufficient?

What do you keep in there all the time?

- 1 to 2 Prams?!!?

- Golf set?!?

- Work related items?!?

I am considering the 159SW. Looks nice, big space and obviously more costly than the sedan.. Not sure if it is money well spent...

End up carry air and the air con have to work overtime to cool the car.. hmm...

Edited by Yappiez

Hi guys, just want to ask the owners why chose the wagon? Do you guys need to carry a lot of items very often so much so that the sedan space is never sufficient?

- 1 to 2 Prams?!!?

- Golf set?!?

- Work related items?!?

I am considering the 159SW. Looks nice, big space and obviously more costly than the sedan.. Not sure if it is money well spent...

wagons are for flexibility in moving cargo. u never know when you'll need that space for the big ikea trip :)

if u have a baby seat, u can move it to the boot to free up one passenger space when needed. the 159 sedan can't do that.

i'd have gone for the wagon myself if not for the 10k price difference.

and not all wagons look good. to me, the 159 and A4 are one of the nicest wagons in their category.

- 1 to 2 Prams?!!?

- Golf set?!?

- Work related items?!?

It's for ppl who do grocery shopping once every 6 months. The cargo space is to put 6 months worth of groceries. :D

Turbocharged

For me I go straight for wagon, don't even consider sedan.

And it's purely the flexibility. Taking the 159 SW as an example - have personally had four sets of golf clubs plus 4 pax in one - how many sedans can do that (let alone the comparable 159 sedan).

I regularly travel up north, would not be able to fit all the stuff into a sedan, whereas a wagon is easy - and best of all, can reach it from the back seat while on the move.

Turbocharged

- 1 to 2 Prams?!!?

- Golf set?!?

- Work related items?!?

yes, the flexibility space whenever i need it. some quick examples

- went on road trips, i can have 2 huge+2kids luggages with room to spare for shopping spree

- delivered my old one-ton 34" crt tv to my parent's place.. no worries, just slide it in the back [laugh]

- drove the 2nd hand ikea table that cannot be dismantled home.. placed right in the back as well

- bought those long willows that sell during CNY.. it pokes slightly into the rear passenger cabin, not outside the car

- really need MORE space? no worries... fold the rear seats down... and bingo. sleep in there also no problem

- some wagons offer accessories for detachable seats as the 3rd row, also function as mpv.

and front-engined wagons also offer better weight distribution compared to their sedan models due to the extra weight at the back.

meet up discuss wad? how many vegetables can put behind?

Brocolli or asparagus? Definitely can put more asparagus but I am more of a brocolli person. ^_^