Question for the Election Experts

Moredhel

Hi, I have a question for the election experts.

Hopefully someone can enlighten me.

Let's say I run as a candidate in Tanjong Pagar and the old man is leading the PAP.

Halfway through the process, the old man ups lorry.

Will I win the election by walk-over?

If I recall correctly, a candidate, proposer, sub whatever nonsense they use to quantify their paperwork and salary, that is missing immediately voids the team fielding the candidates for the election.

So what happens in the above scenario? [laugh]

↡ Advertisement

There is more hidden stories behind the news that opposition is withdrawing from Tanjong Pagar GRC.

They gave the excuse not enough funds. We're not born yesterday.

Turbocharged

There is more hidden stories behind the news that opposition is withdrawing from Tanjong Pagar GRC.

And what "insider" info you got for us?? Share share leh.... [:p]

Got this from Sammyboy that someone is trying to revive the Tg Pagar nomination.

ULTRA URGENT! Reviving Tg Pagar GRC contest team now! Only lack your help!

http://uncleyap-news.blogspot.com/20...tion-last.html

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

URGENT! Revive the Tg Pagar nomination - Last Chance

I will open some of the cards here, Tg Pagar GRC Team led by Mr. Ng Teck Siong lacked funds & stressed out some candidates. He told press he gave up. But after I spoke to him he agree to try again. Deposit of 3 of his candidates needs to be raised by tomorrow in Casher Order payable to Auditor General, actually last hour is noon 27.Apr nomination day. But I don't risk last min. I urge you all Singaporeans to raise funds. Contact h/p 92410419 to offer deposit loan. This is very safe as there is no 3 corner.

I am working to revive his candidate confidence or replace them with our spares. Oppo leaders are helping. Fingers Crossed. They already have nominators, but if you are Tg Pagar residents pse still welcome you to come forward to offer.

Another healthy alternative approach is here:

I hereby call on all the opposition parties to re-consider 3 corners in SMC and move your candidates into Tg Pagar by tomorrow form either a new team or combined with Mr. Ng. I will help to tie up. I urge candidates like Mr. Andrew Kuan to pull out of Joo Chiat and join Tg Pagar, pool your resources with us.

I hereby also urge those SMC 3 corner candidates who had paid up deposit and had decided not to enter 3 corner but withdraw instead, load your deposit to Tg Pagar team tomorrow 26.April.

We can make it! You do your parts. Raise the deposits.

There is another GRC short S$27K deposit as off midnight 25.April. Money had been coming in but I want to see the gap closed ASAP. No more uncertainty can be allowed. Call 92410419 ASAP to offer help.

Thank you stand up for SG!

posted by uncleyap at 1:31 AM

Edited by Civic2000

if and if the old man lose, i am sure he will have a heart attack and die the second day.

not that i am cursing him but i doubt he can take the blow at his age.

Edited by Tom_kkh

Hi, I have a question for the election experts.

Hopefully someone can enlighten me.

Let's say I run as a candidate in Tanjong Pagar and the old man is leading the PAP.

Halfway through the process, the old man ups lorry.

Will I win the election by walk-over?

If I recall correctly, a candidate, proposer, sub whatever nonsense they use to quantify their paperwork and salary, that is missing immediately voids the team fielding the candidates for the election.

So what happens in the above scenario? [laugh]

You got the point. You are right. Do go ahead and contest. Wish you all the best. But the weakest GRC may be the biggest AMK-GRC.

Got this from Sammyboy that someone is trying to revive the Tg Pagar nomination.

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

I will open some of the cards here, Tg Pagar GRC Team led by Mr. Ng Teck Siong lacked funds & stressed out some candidates. He told press he gave up. But after I spoke to him he agree to try again. Deposit of 3 of his candidates needs to be raised by tomorrow in Casher Order payable to Auditor General, actually last hour is noon 27.Apr nomination day. But I don't risk last min. I urge you all Singaporeans to raise funds. Contact h/p 92410419 to offer deposit loan. This is very safe as there is no 3 corner.

I am working to revive his candidate confidence or replace them with our spares. Oppo leaders are helping. Fingers Crossed. They already have nominators, but if you are Tg Pagar residents pse still welcome you to come forward to offer.

I hereby call on all the opposition parties to re-consider 3 corners in SMC and move your candidates into Tg Pagar by tomorrow form either a new team or combined with Mr. Ng. I will help to tie up. I urge candidates like Mr. Andrew Kuan to pull out of Joo Chiat and join Tg Pagar, pool your resources with us.

I hereby also urge those SMC 3 corner candidates who had paid up deposit and had decided not to enter 3 corner but withdraw instead, load your deposit to Tg Pagar team tomorrow 26.April.

There is another GRC short S$27K deposit as off midnight 25.April. Money had been coming in but I want to see the gap closed ASAP. No more uncertainty can be allowed. Call 92410419 ASAP to offer help.

You got the point. You are right. GRC needs team-work.

if and if the old man lose, i am sure he will have a heart attack and die the second day.

think he might cry first [bigcry] [bigcry] [bigcry]

You got the point. You are right. Do go ahead and contest. Wish you all the best. But the weakest GRC may be the biggest AMK-GRC.

on a technical basis, you are right. But do remember Elections dept is under the PMO. Remember how 2 MPs died during their term? Dr Ong Chit Chung and another fellow from AMK GRC. By right and by law, there should be a by-election, but nothing was conducted and everything was swept under the floor.

Otherwise can say he did not want to retire, just that not voted in only, so none of his responsiblity if things are not quite right thereafter...

on a technical basis, you are right. But do remember Elections dept is under the PMO. Remember how 2 MPs died during their term? Dr Ong Chit Chung and another fellow from AMK GRC. By right and by law, there should be a by-election, but nothing was conducted and everything was swept under the floor.

Well, by the strict rules of the ED, a single piece of document missing would void the collective efforts of the running party.

If a candidate does not turn up, is not eligible to stand for elections, or a myraid of other reasons, his team would be disqualified.

Hence, logic dictates that if one of the members up lorry after the process has started, his team is automatically disqualified, and the competing party wins by walk-over.

But everyone is equal and some are more equal than others.

Turbocharged

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

I've been following this piece of news closely since last night. As of 10am today, he had raised the 27k to contest in AMK GRC. The power of internet.. [;)]

↡ Advertisement