Should I sack the maid?

Aristotle

I need your urgent advice about employing a maid. As a busy mother, I need someone reliable to help out at home. My maid is from Profits Agency Pte (PAP) and she has worked for me for a long time. Her mother worked for my parents and did an excellent jo...b, so I had faith in her. For several years her performance has been very good, but recently she has become arrogant and insensitive, and is making lots of mistakes. For example: 1) She flooded my kitchen

↡ Advertisement

I need your urgent advice about employing a maid. As a busy mother, I need someone reliable to help out at home. My maid is from Profits Agency Pte (PAP) and she has worked for me for a long time. Her mother worked for my parents and did an excellent jo...b, so I had faith in her. For several years her performance has been very good, but recently she has become arrogant and insensitive, and is making lots of mistakes. For example: 1) She flooded my kitchen

I suspect the maid has a maid mentor to give them advice in such situations. Or they can seek the most senior amongst them, the senior maid, for help. Which is why you see such drastic change in them.

Funny my house new maid also have the same attitude problem. She claimed to graduate from the elite U back home & was top of her class so I should pay her more even if she has zero experience. She explained to me that all new maids are like that so take it or leave it.

I would advise you to ditch the maid & seek a new one.

I am definitely sending mine back to the agency on maybe May 7, where they just announced it to be the polling day ( whatever that means) & official holiday- HURRAY!!!

Edited by Vulcann

Its getting old lo this kinda story...dozens appeared in the internet.

It was family and now maid...yawn...

Dun like jus send back lo...put up so many stories jus to draw attention??

Maids are all the same........whether its fresh or old bird.

My sis's maid also a very trusted one. Can handle 3 kids and do multi-tasking. Perfect maid in sense.

Returning for good after 6 years and guess what happen. After she return, my sis discovered all her wedding jewelery and all the spare miscs currency were missing in the house. Easily 5 figures in mometary value lost.

Manage to recover some from the prawnshop via the police.

To rub salt into the wound, a few maids came knocking on the door and ask for money that the maid borrowed!!!! Even my maid kena con a few hundreds. Late nite unidentify calls keep ringing without anybody talking on the line. :blink:<_<

I also just change a new maid........the last one started to get rough with our 4 year old son. And also ignor our 8yr old daughter. Just bcos our DD always update us who she talks to outside the house. <_< After some confrontation, she even raise her voice and dare my wife to send her back. Left 3 more months nia mah....why cannot just tahan and go off in good terms ? Hiaz.

Now our new maid still good. Closer to her contract expiry, i will expect the same to happen. [:(]

Edited by Hiphiphoray

I am surprised you are wasting time posting this instead of packing her bags and sending her back to the agency right away

The problem is, she can't pack her bag just like that......... [sweatdrop]

she needs all maid's employers to do together in May ..... [sly][:p][:p]

Edited by Picnic06

You mean the current maid, or the one I'm thinking of employing? :D

how about the maid who had not been working in SG for the past 30+ years.......

she could bring her oversea experiences to you ..... [sly]

Edited by Picnic06
↡ Advertisement