Nicole Seah's brief take on the 377A Penal Code

Mike1234

My brief take on the 377A Penal Code

.by Nicole Seah (佘雪玲) on Tuesday, April 26, 2011 at 1:46am.A number of people have asked me about my stand on Penal Code 377A which criminalises homosexuality, because of the current situation with Vincent SDP.

My personal take on this is very clear. But it is not in line with many parties' stances apart from SDP, because it is a touchy topic. Singaporeans should ask themselves this - Regardless of whether you are homophobic or otherwise, do you think it is right to say that these people have committed a crime, being who they are? Do you think that we need a law to cast a darker shadow over the way they live, in ADDITION to the current stigma that is already prevalent throughout society?

Many have argued that passing such a law will dilute the nuclear family unit. As I mentioned before, reality is not as simple as rhetoric. Item A will give you Item B in a mathematics formula, but reality is such that there are so many other factors at play.

Think about it.

So what is eroding the fabric of society? Is 377A even as big a problem as it is made out to be?

Single mums not being entitled to benefits that nuclear family units have, which may partially contribute to hindering their child's upward mobility in comparison to kids who grow up with better resources. Low-income families, having to wait for 8 months before getting a rental flat in Dakota Crescent, because there is no space and flats originally set aside for low-income families are being leased out to foreigners at a $1500 profit. Exorbitant housing prices, which are deterring young couples from settling down. Bureaucratic red tape and demand outstripping supply that makes it frustrating for young couples to apply for a flat to settle down. I personally know of a couple who had to go through 7 rounds of rejection before getting a flat.

Whether you are a diehard supporter of the current Penal code, or if you buy into the argument that repealing this code will have a direct causal effect to erode the fabric of society, do take some time to think about what you have observed around you as a Singaporean over the past few years.

.As referenced from : https://www.facebook.com/notes/nicole-seah-...141136845957395

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

It seemed likes she has quite a fair bit of supporters..

Alot of ppl "Like" this

[sweatdrop]

If i am younger and single, i surely sian her lah.

Her passion and thoughts just gives me a hard on. [laugh]

Edited by Readonly

She is damn good... have my full support... [thumbsup]

unfortunately many 'heavy weights' want her "dead", and these guys are using big sledge hammer to hit her whenever and wherever they find half a chance............. question: what for!??? ............ only they know :angry:

Turbocharged

If i am younger and single, i surely sian her lah.

Her passion and thoughts just gives me a hard on. [laugh]

Wah. Like that she get elected then sure I

Prove birthrate single handed.

She's making more sense than most of the veterans in parliament. I'm falling in :wub:

Our parliament never did made sense fm day 1 tho.

Our parliament never did made sense fm day 1 tho.

You are spot on. She has the thinking way beyond her youthful age. I am 100% behind her. Too bad am in Aljunied but at least i'm gonna get to vote.....Its Hammer time

Turbocharged

The message is very clear....

Get hitched, Get Married, Do Ovetime, Get Pregnant..... we need BB.... plenty of them..... else people will kbkp why we need so many FTs...... [:p][rolleyes][laugh]

Whenyou have 2 same sex screwing one another..... only good for prawn movie, no good for productivity.... [:p][laugh]

Edited by Nlatio

NSP this time really kio tio kim (found gold). Nicole is the golden girl indeed. Its gg to be a vertical climb to fight in MP ( I didnt use steep.. but vertical).

It seems that nicole's impact is more significant than Chen Show Mao's so far. Its to Chen's blessing that WP has a good track records that he can ride on.

this is worth watching. Pretty polished.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MPjhRxnoi1I...feature=related

it is funny that Ng Eng Hen suggest that opp should start as NCMP first to prove themself. So why not PAP's new faces?

Edited by Chrispie

(edited)

She has the making of the next Sylvia Lim.. and if everything goes well, our future PM..

She's much younger than TPL...

But have already shown that she's not those "I dunnoe what to say".etc...

Age is just a number, Maturity is what it takes...

I guess she's much more justified as a MP than TPL...

[thumbsup]

Edited by Mike1234

WAh!!! She good!! The voice for most of us!

But will she be able to make it into the parliment?

That's a doubt

-_-