LTK to compete in Aljunied?!

Ahtong

of cos i know lah....the fact that all except one GRC is being contested means that there is a possibility dat PAP will not have enough seats to form a govt.

if they are good, they wont need to even worry abt tat. the answer is in their hearts.

all the once in 50 yrs, msk, 3 meals-day, busted yog budget, honest mistakes, kate spades, felt very rich seeing my cpf statement, gay agenda, "afforable" hdbs gonna slap them hard this time round.

be sensible. your voice, your choice!

↡ Advertisement

of cos i know lah....the fact that all except one GRC is being contested means that there is a possibility dat PAP will not have enough seats to form a govt.

thank goodness u can't vote

My wife always void the vote.... Always say she dun want to involve/know politics.. [mad]

But its her freedom her rights. So be it.

But for me... "Workers' Party!! Workers' Party!! Workers' Party!! Workers' Party!! Workers' Party!!!!!"

Come on Aljunied!!! Make your votes counts!!!!

R u an Aljunied voter?

Neutral Newbie

On the contrary i believe WP can win this. Even without LTK and CSM, PAP only just barely won the last round. This time with the big guns, they can do it and maybe even comfortably. I just feel sorry for George Yeo. Nice man.

not necessary.. because of the close shave on 2006... George and team had been doing quite a lot of catching up in the last five years... (anyway, George is also among those with least mistake)

not necessary.. because of the close shave on 2006... George and team had been doing quite a lot of catching up in the last five years... (anyway, George is also among those with least mistake)

of course, he is minister for foreign affairs. his policies wouldn't impact locals, unlike mbt

if they are good, they wont need to even worry abt tat. the answer is in their hearts.

all the once in 50 yrs, msk, 3 meals-day, busted yog budget, honest mistakes, kate spades, felt very rich seeing my cpf statement, gay agenda, "afforable" hdbs gonna slap them hard this time round.

be sensible. your voice, your choice!

actually YOG, TPL, Mas Selemat and many more events just showed us they are doing their work without self-checking and quality control. this is a natural outcome of having a 82-2 majority in parliament. now the issue of voting in opposition is not so much of how much program they can offer, how talented are them but rather to put in someone of DIFFERENT INTEREST AND BACKGROUND from ruling party so that ruling party will be forced to check their own work.

we have said many times that the work and talent required in pte sector and public sector are very different but they do not want to listen and insist on paying their minister top end pte sector level salaries. as far as i know, pte sector CEO won't exceed their budget to the same level Vivian did for the YOG. Even if they do, their heads will roll. in this case, it has showed Vivian (and many of the ministers) are ill-placed to run tasks very similiar to pte sector and therefore do not deserve their pte sector equivalent or higher salaries.

and if we voters do not do enough to make them check themselves, such problems will continue to beseige our country.

Turbocharged

For those who don't know who to vote or scared to vote, pls void your vote by crossing both boxes instead of casting the wrong vote to the other party. Pls inform your family as well instead of anyhow vote.

If really the opposition come into power, the real losers will be us.

All the ex-ministers, etc are already multi-millionaires and can go for early retirement or maybe even migrate to another country. You will have the likes of Low TK, Chiam ST, Chee SJ, K Jeyaratnam, etc as your PM, DPM, etc etc.....do you REALLY want dat??

I know PAP is not perfect. But when you look at the BIG picture, we have little to complain abt...i won't get a chance to vote in this GE but i hope de rest of u complaining abt the small things will realise things can be MUCH worse in the wrong hands. All dat we have achieved in the past 40+ yrs would be at risk.

Dun vote for the opp just for the sake to show u "buay song". U're harming urself.

dear fellow frog sitting in a heated pot of water,

if u want to continue sitting there, tat's fine....but there r many of us who want to jump out of this situation. [;)]

of course, he is minister for foreign affairs. his policies wouldn't impact locals, unlike mbt

I just want to say a fair word. If the aim is to punish PAP and let them know we voters are in control of their fate, GY is definitely not one of those on the top of our "Sack List" isn't it. I don't want to name names but I think u all have your own idea which ministars u want out. It just so happen that GY is seen as weakest link because of the last Aljunied result, so we all target Aljunied to lose.

I don't see the romanian guy case as GY mistake. He already did all he can, unless we want to send ur F16s to Romania? Do u all know who brought in those big MNCs to invest in Spore? Who running EDB? Saw the recent Lucasfilm news?

I am really sad because the people in my "Sack List" will most probably retain power after 7 May.

And to GY, farewell to u if u lose, u have done a good job, too bad u in wrong GRC [wave]

Neutral Newbie

I'm from aljunied. George is better of the ministers. No airs. Very sensible. More people feeling.

But someting got to give.

Vote is more for an alternative voice, a credible opposition, for us & for Singapore. Not a vote against George yeo. Wake up call for PAP & those arrogant ministers.

So mine will go to ....... ,. tat's a reality.

Edited by Lotus4712

If really the opposition come into power, the real losers will be us.

All the ex-ministers, etc are already multi-millionaires and can go for early retirement or maybe even migrate to another country. You will have the likes of Low TK, Chiam ST, Chee SJ, K Jeyaratnam, etc as your PM, DPM, etc etc.....do you REALLY want dat??

I know PAP is not perfect. But when you look at the BIG picture, we have little to complain abt...i won't get a chance to vote in this GE but i hope de rest of u complaining abt the small things will realise things can be MUCH worse in the wrong hands. All dat we have achieved in the past 40+ yrs would be at risk.

Dun vote for the opp just for the sake to show u "buay song". U're harming urself.

i'm appreciate of the work/effort done, and they get their rewards right!!! MP -> 15k , minister leh?? if i get 15k /monthly, i work my socks off...

Since they run it like a company, company will congrats and reward me accordingly, increase my workload, groom me, slowly into management route.

If i made a mistake that impact co's revenue or reputation, do u think my head will not roll? if not, do u think i have anymore prospect in the co.?

the main objective is to put another strong opposition party in the parliament, counter check their policy, ensure they dont pass a policy that benefits them in the long run. I meant giving u a drumstick but take back whole chicken policy....

PAP will continue to rule our country as much i prefer to, they have the experience to do that... BUT they need to review their policies!!! Hence, opp parties play an important role in these.

it will be a great victory if capture 2 GRCs and 2 SMCs [;)]

Edited by Itsec

I'm from aljunied. George is better of the ministers. No airs. Very sensible. More people feeling.

So the vote is more for an alternative voice, a credible opposition, for us & for Singapore. Not a vote against George yeo. Wake up call for PAP & those arrogant ministers.

Someting got to give. Mine will go to WP at George Yeo's expense. tat's a reality.

brother, this is collateral damage which is unfortunate but necessary to bring out the greater good. like the nuclear bomb that went down hiroshima and nagasaki, it was unfortunate that some good people had to suffer with the bad people but for the greater good, the japanese rulers then were forced to change, which is for the greater good of the whole world.

now i see this as for the greater good of singapore

I just want to say a fair word. If the aim is to punish PAP and let them know we voters are in control of their fate, GY is definitely not one of those on the top of our "Sack List" isn't it. I don't want to name names but I think u all have your own idea which ministars u want out. It just so happen that GY is seen as weakest link because of the last Aljunied result, so we all target Aljunied to lose.

I don't see the romanian guy case as GY mistake. He already did all he can, unless we want to send ur F16s to Romania? Do u all know who brought in those big MNCs to invest in Spore? Who running EDB? Saw the recent Lucasfilm news?

I am really sad because the people in my "Sack List" will most probably retain power after 7 May.

And to GY, farewell to u if u lose, u have done a good job, too bad u in wrong GRC [wave]

Wow. Reverse psychology you are pulling.

But you are sensible to acknowledge ground sentiments. And yes the bigger picture is at stake. Glad you are on a common page.

yes, i agree. GY is certainly not someone whom i see should go. But this is how the PAP wants to play it, they probably knew that voters in Aljunied were that supportive of pap, and so they put in someone who draws the least flak from locals.

↡ Advertisement