Having 2 baby car seats for a 5 seater car

Tingshen

Maybe the latest ones will have

But mine don't have

I can imagine the salesman telling me

Pickup? airbag? You crazy?

:XD:

↡ Advertisement

Don't have meh? New model definitely has. Van also got for driver.

post-27068-0-63144700-1492568237_thumb.pngpost-27068-0-35447900-1492568257_thumb.pngpost-27068-0-55224100-1492568282_thumb.pngpost-27068-0-97341100-1492568300_thumb.pngpost-27068-0-31752700-1492568313_thumb.pngpost-27068-0-04099200-1492568354_thumb.png

Edited by Kusje
  • Praise 1

Thanks for sharing!

Just to share that my wowo manual tells me to deactivate the front passenger air bag if there is a child seated there or in a child seat.  Though if the child's height is above 140cm, I have to activate the front passenger air bag.  

Good to see that some of them have it now.

Only Nissan has traction control

Don't understand why the actyion one is selling more expensive than the Nissan one even though Nissan is 4wd and has traction control

But CAT C cannot go Malaysia :(

3 months too late liao
When cat c Lao sai
Everyone will go and renew coe
Thats why I think that will be a support for cat c
Renewers and car people coming in
Whoa!!!!! Best of beast!!!!!!
cq5dam.web.1280.1280.jpeg
I want to mount a 50 cal machine gun behind man!!!!!

Hi bros,

I'm in the similar situation with the TS and are looking for a new ride to replace my out going Swift.

Any recommendations for which car I should be aiming for ?

Ideally, the car should be able to fit 2 child seat with my wife sitting in the middle.

Also, prefer to be 2nd hand car instead new. Can't really afford brand new now.

TIA

FYI, I'm driving a 1.5L sushi car and both my baby seats are at the rear and my wife will be sitting in between my 2 kids. Currently she is sitting comfortably in the middle except complaining that the air-con is too cold cos the centre vents are blowing directly to the rear. Getting on & off the car also no issue. I guess most cars can fit 2 baby seats and 1 adult comfortably bah. Unless the baby seats you are getting is those super thick and wide seats that will take up the entire rear. Otherwise, I guess it shouldn't be a problem.

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Let me give you an idea.

I am driving a 1.6L kimchi sedan.

2 child seats, 1 in front and 1 at the back. I can't fit both child seats + my wife at the back. Max is 1 child seat + wife.

So no choice, my older child is riding shotgun with me.

To make it safer, front airbags are disabled by pulling out the airbag fuse. The impact from the airbag is quite deadly to young children so better to disable it.

I know some might bash me for the following reasons:

1. Child in front seat

2. Airbags disabled

But I have exhausted all options and since I can't afford a bigger car and there is no option to disable just the front passenger airbag, this is the last option that I have.

1. Airbags are deadly to young children if deployed in their face.

2. My child is in child seat.

3. Most cars didn't have airbags 20 years ago right?

As long as you drive safe and defensively, everything will be fine.

Thanks bro but I doubt my wife will let me do that. Of course, for safety reasons.

Plus, my current ride is gonna be scrap before 2nd baby arrive so might as well lokok for a ride that suits my requirement.

So far, only shortlisted ford focus.

I have a current gen pre-FL accord.

It can fit. Both are on LATCH/ISOFIX points. Both are full sized child seats able to take up to 20-25kg kids.

But the wife has to climb into between both child seats. Don't think if u are above 60kg, it would be comfy.

You can look at those pre-owned camry or accords i guess. But the older camry has no ISOFIX points. I'm not sure if the older accord has as well.

It's still safer than the child not wearing seatbelt or childseat [;)]

Thanks for idea bro !

FYI, I'm driving a 1.5L sushi car and both my baby seats are at the rear and my wife will be sitting in between my 2 kids. Currently she is sitting comfortably in the middle except complaining that the air-con is too cold cos the centre vents are blowing directly to the rear. Getting on & off the car also no issue. I guess most cars can fit 2 baby seats and 1 adult comfortably bah. Unless the baby seats you are getting is those super thick and wide seats that will take up the entire rear. Otherwise, I guess it shouldn't be a problem.

Hi bro, mind sharing what's your current ride ?

Thanks bro but I doubt my wife will let me do that. Of course, for safety reasons.

Plus, my current ride is gonna be scrap before 2nd baby arrive so might as well lokok for a ride that suits my requirement.

So far, only shortlisted ford focus.

Thanks for idea bro !

Hi bro, mind sharing what's your current ride ?

I can answer for him. His ride is Honda city. Hehe.
  • Praise 2

Why not consider a used c4 picasso? 3 indiviual seat at the rear and width of the car is wide

A used citreon? Really? Lol.
  • Praise 2

Neutral Newbie

Why not consider a used c4 picasso? 3 indiviual seat at the rear and width of the car is wide

Bro lala81 answered for me on this..

Hahaha

Not saying the car is bad or what but don't know how reliable the car is.

I once considered getting a C4 but dropped the idea after having a chat on it with my mechanic..

Nonetheless, thanks for the suggestion bro

↡ Advertisement