Timer for Storage water heater ??

Bluemice

Hi,

Anyone using a timer for the storage water heater ?

Do reco brand.

I have seen one sold in Homefix. now searching for alternatives.

thanks

↡ Advertisement

Hi,

Anyone using a timer for the storage water heater ?

Do reco brand.

I have seen one sold in Homefix. now searching for alternatives.

thanks

may i know whether you have fix the timer?

What is the timer for? For storage type of heater...when the water heated up...it will cut off the heating by itself and kept the water hot inside...isn't it build in feature?

Turbocharged

Yalor.. never heard before to fix a timer for storage heater.. it has build in sensor to cut off heater when temp reached set level...

Or is the TS thinking of the other way. Using timer to start up the heater at pre-arranged time. So that can get hot water straight once u get home [:)]

Turbocharged

Or is the TS thinking of the other way. Using timer to start up the heater at pre-arranged time. So that can get hot water straight once u get home [:)]

Storage heater's water is always hot... if left for long hour, maybe temp drop slightly but still hot enough and when bathe time, just switch on.. it gets hot very fast... really don't see the need to have a timer... [:p]

thanks for all replies.

found my solution - a 20min off timer. which allows you to ON your storage heater for 20min, and cuts OFF at the end, this solves the prob. of forgetting to off a storage heater.

mice

may i know whether you have fix the timer?

got it. the Brand is "SL" avail at most Homefix store, it comes with a 20min Off-delay timer( much like an egg timer)

Storage heater's water is always hot... if left for long hour, maybe temp drop slightly but still hot enough and when bathe time, just switch on.. it gets hot very fast... really don't see the need to have a timer... [:p]

daytime ok. but nighttime the heat is lost very rapidly.

I don't see the need to switch off though. thermostat always switch off for you what...

Ideally storage heater have timer to come on, can set via iphone/android app bestest. Then ten mins before reaching home can switch on! :wub: :wub:

thanks for all replies.

found my solution - a 20min off timer. which allows you to ON your storage heater for 20min, and cuts OFF at the end, this solves the prob. of forgetting to off a storage heater.

mice

may i know where to purchase one with a link?

may i know where to purchase one with a link?

Hi TS, can share store name and product name ?

I like to implement your method. Sometime we forgot to turn it off and the heater re-heat unneccsarily in the middle of night. Waste utility bill.

got it. the Brand is "SL" avail at most Homefix store, it comes with a 20min Off-delay timer( much like an egg timer)

Is it fixed at 20-min or variable? How much for it? I'm thinking of using it for my iron.

But this is what the thermostat inside the storage heater does for you anyway. [confused]

hi,

do you have a storage heater at home ? usually it comes with a ON-OFF switch... this timer switch replaces just that. its meant for forgetful pple (me)

note that a storage heater works differently from an instant heater.storage heater - whole tank is heated and maintained to a pre-defined temp, as long its switch ON. regardless if you use it or not.instant heater - water is heated o a pre-defined temp, as long its switch ON and water is used.

mice

@others: let me take a pic later to show. tried to find www link, but failed.

I still don't quite get it .....the timer is set to on at specific time of the day...said 7pm and by 7.20pm...the timer will shut off the heater,.....this will make your life much easier....and there are timer that have that function.........or is it you have to turn the timer on each time you want to shower? ...so the timer will count down for 20 min and shut off the heater... is it the set up you using? ....but if you want to shower immediately....you have to wait for sometime for the heater to heat up the water inside...so what is the point? ...the purpose is just to avoid that you did not off the heater after shower?...just use those that can on at a specific time...so you just i walk into shower and water is heated up..

Edited by LoverofCar

here it goes ... the one in the middle

Same one I am using. Locally made, must sakport!

↡ Advertisement