Multi-SIM service

Redeel

Neutral Newbie

Hi guys, was wondering if anyone knows how the multi-SIM service works... Can i get a multi-SIM for my mobile SIM card and use it on my ipad? Cos I believe the mobile 3G download speed is up to 7.2Mbps right?

If it works this way, i wouldn't need to specifically get a Broadband on Mobile SIM card right?

Please advise. Thanks!

eddie

↡ Advertisement

Hi guys, was wondering if anyone knows how the multi-SIM service works... Can i get a multi-SIM for my mobile SIM card and use it on my ipad? Cos I believe the mobile 3G download speed is up to 7.2Mbps right?

If it works this way, i wouldn't need to specifically get a Broadband on Mobile SIM card right?

Please advise. Thanks!

eddie

yes, you can.

I think the 2rd SIM cost the same something like over $30, with a monthly fee of about S$10.

you have to decide which to be your main SIM, incoming calls and sms will be activated on the 1st SIM. if you do not pick up the call, I think it will be deverted to the 2rd SIM.

Neutral Newbie

Please advise. Thanks!

eddie

You can just get a 2nd sim card for use in ur iPad assuming your first sim card has data plan already. But be warned, they will try to charge you extra (per month and not 1 time fee) for issue of the micro sim card. No extra if u opt for the normal sized sim card. So I advise that you get the normal sim card and get it cut on your own....

Turbocharged

Which telco? Star hub got the $5 plan, tie up with your phone data. Anyway 3G speed is more of about 1mbps and lower, don't expect fast speed

Neutral Newbie

You can just get a 2nd sim card for use in ur iPad assuming your first sim card has data plan already. But be warned, they will try to charge you extra (per month and not 1 time fee) for issue of the micro sim card. No extra if u opt for the normal sized sim card. So I advise that you get the normal sim card and get it cut on your own....

Serious? Really got per month charge for micro SIM? I thought the monthly subscription is only for the multi SIM? And the normal SIM can be cut just like that?

I popped by Singtel to ask about it today, they confirm multi-SIM can be used on ipad. I suppose using it this way will ensure i get faster 3G download speeds on my ipad and save me the costs of paying high subscriptions for a broadband on mobile SIM with similar speeds of 7.2mbps

eddie

Yes, the normal SIM can be self cut. (use template and cut carefully)

Some places offer this cutting service for $5 or $10 just to use the "stapler" like cutting tool, which punches the chip out with less border all round.

I use the free Starhub broadband service that comes with the home broadbad plan. Just need to pay the $30 or so for the SIM as a one time charge and use for free (but limited to 1.2Mbps but good enough for general surfing)

Serious? Really got per month charge for micro SIM? I thought the monthly subscription is only for the multi SIM? And the normal SIM can be cut just like that?

I popped by Singtel to ask about it today, they confirm multi-SIM can be used on ipad. I suppose using it this way will ensure i get faster 3G download speeds on my ipad and save me the costs of paying high subscriptions for a broadband on mobile SIM with similar speeds of 7.2mbps

eddie

↡ Advertisement