900,000 reasons that worries me

Twnll

Mr LKY

I am concerned about your statement we need 900,000 more foreign workers.

At 5 million, our infrastructure is already crumbling from the sheer mass of people descending into Singapore within a scant 2 years.

Housing the additional 2 million @ say an average of 4 persons per household would require an additional 500,000 homes. How many new HDB flats and condominiums have we added to the supply in the last two years? Its no wonder that we face an endless demand for housing, thereby pricing even basic HDB property above the means of an average Singaporean. How then for another new million of migrant workers?

I beg you to seriously reconsider this decision. Unless you mean to house these people in ships offshore and only come inland to work and return to their ships thereafter, I wonder how it is possible our over burdened infrastraucture would be able to cope with the almost one million new immigrant workers.

I hope you would rescind this statement and promise it will never happen in the next five years.

Yours truly

Edited by Twnll
↡ Advertisement

Well, our ministers don't stay in pigeon holes, don't take stuffed right to the brim trains, buses that arrive 15 mins late, traffic jam all the way from AMK CTE to down right? <_< . That's 4 out of your 900,000 reasons [:p]

Turbocharged

why worry? they claim they will make the hdb "affordable" if you vote them in... must trust them since they have proven track record of ability to push the price up.........dont worry..... [idea]

They have already calculated for you that YOU can afford to pay off the loan in 30 years. Please do not worry too much unless u fall ill or get retrenched along the way. All will be taken care of.

Edited by Kungming

They have already calculated for you that YOU can afford to pay off the loan in 30 years. Please do not worry too much unless u fall ill or get retrenched along the way. All will be taken care off.

now 30 yrs is common hor! our chidren time will be lucky if the loan period is lower than 50 yrs! [shocked][shocked]

now 30 yrs is common hor! our chidren time will be lucky if the loan period is lower than 50 yrs! [shocked][shocked]

50 yrs?? i thought to pay off by 2 generations?

Well at least the pigeon hole is still yours right??? - technically in name.

People in other countries dun own any property ok?? so mai komplain.

simple caculation mah!

married at 27

get baby and flat at 30

u add 30 +50=80

baby will be 30 when father is 60

balance 20 yrs grown up baby will continue pay lor! [knife][knife]

my maths cmi so don blame me if i got sum wrong. i got A for maths for my O levels and the A is for absent hor :ph34r::ph34r:

simple caculation mah!

married at 27

get baby and flat at 30

u add 30 +50=80

baby will be 30 when father is 60

balance 20 yrs grown up baby will continue pay lor! [knife][knife]

my maths cmi so don blame me if i got sum wrong. i got A for maths for my O levels and the A is for absent hor :ph34r::ph34r:

your maths solid leh... ppl still catch no balls why i say 2 generations and you explain it... 2 generations still consider affordable as the first owner ( father ) still around to stay in the house... maybe 3 generations = not affordable or still affordable?

They have already calculated for you that YOU can afford to pay off the loan in 30 years. Please do not worry too much unless u fall ill or get retrenched along the way. All will be taken care of.

Yeah, getting retrenched is a serious problem. Out of every 10 friends, at least 2 or 3 gets retrenched., some even more than once -_-

your maths solid leh... ppl still catch no balls why i say 2 generations and you explain it... 2 generations still consider affordable as the first owner ( father ) still around to stay in the house... maybe 3 generations = not affordable or still affordable?

father will be in old folk home in jb liao! no nid worry one! :ph34r::ph34r:

Yeah, getting retrenched is a serious problem. Out of every 10 friends, at least 2 or 3 gets retrenched., some even more than once -_-

i had been down that path twice... imagine you still got to pay off your instalment during that period... i think most of the people who brought their flat at a high price cannot afford to get retrench.

Guys, so what about the 900,000? How can we petition for MIW to stop that from happening?

Can we be buy or lease an old aircraft carrier from US and use that as housing for FT? Heard they have complete facilities such as gym, hospital and convenience store. I believe one aircraft carrier can house at least 50,000 people. All we need is about 20 aircraft carriers for that 1 million new workers...

Can we be buy or lease an old aircraft carrier from US and use that as housing for FT? Heard they have complete facilities such as gym, hospital and convenience store. I believe one aircraft carrier can house at least 50,000 people. All we need is about 20 aircraft carriers for that 1 million new workers...

we got 20 torpedo or not? [laugh][laugh][laugh]

(edited)

we got 20 torpedo or not? [laugh][laugh][laugh]

To sink them? Noooooooooooooo, to send the workers back when they are done with lah...

Then we have the most powerful Navy on earth, even more carriers than the US Navy...............

........................... because we bought out their entire Navy! [laugh]

Edited by Twnll