Quotable quotes in GE 2011

Jpcc

Let's document this election with quotes/ promises by politicians that elicit a strong, be it positive or negative, response to you.

Recommended format is quot, person, date.

Preferably no personal interpretation, just quotes.

E.g.

'If they choose (the opposition), then I say, good luck to them. They have five years to ruminate and to regret what they did. And I have no doubts they will regret it,' MM Lee, 29.04.2011

↡ Advertisement

"The only hot seat is Aljunied and if Aljunied decides to go that way then Aljunied has five years to live and repent", MM Lee, 30th April 2011

Clutched

"It is not the length of the loan but the percentage of monthly income repayable to the housing loan that matters" Minister for National Development Mah Bow Tan, 30th apr 2011

Turbocharged

"It is not the length of the loan but the percentage of monthly income repayable to the housing loan that matters" Minister for National Development Mah Bow Tan, 30th apr 2011

LOL... knn.. u really want him to be your million dollar ministar? [shakehead][thumbsdown]

Hypersonic

SPP's Chiam See Tong: "If the ruling party wants all the credit, they must take the fall also" [thumbsup]

Yes, I especially like this one. [thumbsup]

No accountability from them. :angry:

Hypersonic

Yes, I especially like this one. [thumbsup]

No accountability from them. :angry:

Yep. My favourite quote for this election.

Where's the farking accountability??

(edited)

Did he really say this crap?

Does he think it is correct for someone to buy flat at 30 years old, repay the loan for 30 years. By time he is age 60, CPF OA has no money only money in SA and medical account. Then start working from 60 to save for retirement?

Whoever started CPF in 1955 before PAP must be rolling in his grave.

Edited by Icedream

Clutched

"If you like to try your luck, well good luck to you. But I guarantee you, you will not do better than the PAP candidates." mm lee, 29.04.2011

"If (my recent comments about Malays) causes a big stir, I'll be very sad, because what I said I meant, and if you ask yourself, did I mean any harm? No. Did I mean good? Yes. Because I want the Malays to totally integrate so that we're one community" MM Lee Kuan Yew

"We've never discriminated against Malays. In fact, we have many affirmative action for the Malays ... it makes no sense for the Malays to vote for an Opposition that cannot form the government, and cannot look after you," MM Lee Kuan Yew.

'The co-driver is there to slap the driver when he drives off course or when he goes asleep. But, of course, if the driver is friendly and drives responsibly, we just keep talking to him to keep him awake.' LTK

As polling day approaches, I request all Singaporeans to ask themselves one important question. I need you to touch your heart and sincerely ask yourself this question

↡ Advertisement