WHY DO we pay our leader so much salary?

ODC

1st Gear
(edited)

Can someone tell me?

is it based on the amount of work ?

JD?

or to prevent corruption?

Why dont someone give me 1 million and i promise i wont break the law?

Thanks... I cannot find the answers on google.... appreciate those who know to advise

Edited by ODC
↡ Advertisement

Seriously,i dun know why nobody can control how much they shld get.It's really obscene to have this type of salary.They are working for the citizens,knn look at CST.He work so hard on the ground and he doesn't even get paid all this type of $$$.

Seriously,i dun know why nobody can control how much they shld get.It's really obscene to have this type of salary.They are working for the citizens,knn look at CST.He work so hard on the ground and he doesn't even get paid all this type of $$$.

because he's not a pappy else he would have already been holding some ministar title and getting millions many years back.

Bloody good question man! Why no one can control the amount of salary they command, sighhhhh

I hope karma will take effect really sooooon

Bloody good question man! Why no one can control the amount of salary they command, sighhhhh

I hope karma will take effect really sooooon

mandate by none other than Emperor Lee.

his ruling style is almost identical as those of ancient chinese dynasties.

actually the citizens of SG never had a say in it, they self-declare one ... pui

ya lor... we nv say wan pay them this much... they pay themself.

actually the citizens of SG never had a say in it, they self-declare one ... pui

You are right, and to all those 66.6%, you agreed to it.

That's why we must deny P8P a 2/3 majority. Then we have a means to prevent such things from happening again.

Anyway its too late, we don't have a 2/3 opposition majority to start a bill to quash this obscene payout.

We have been suckered!

Supercharged

since they have majority they can do watever they want,

and that is why we must vote in many more opp MP to veto their self-serving policies

since they have majority they can do watever they want,

and that is why we must vote in many more opp MP to veto their self-serving policies

All we need is 30 oppo MPs to deny them 2/3 majority when passing bills, if we can do that, its a start.

If they need millions to justify their worth, that they are exceptional folks to lead the country & without them we will go down in flames, then may I ask when things go wrong who is held accountable?

You, me, Ah Tan, Johari or Muthu?

A simple apology & then let's move on?

MOVE ON YOUR SI LANG TAO!!!

And when the world economy is getting better which benefited Singapore, this is all your effort & when things go wrong immediately point finger at the whole world but themselves.

[furious] [furious] [furious] [furious]

Give you some more mandate so that we will repent, which I am very sure we will, for another 5 long years???

The current system by the Empire is that:

WE voted them IN

We must show the world WE give them 100% confidence.

Thus they have the MANDATE to decide everything for US.

They HAVE to decide for US because we are too dumb to UNDERSTAND

Only they and those they SELECT.. may they be 27 or 72yr old... have the mental capacity to understand the world.

We live to SERVE those we SELECTED.

Instead of they SERVING those who SELECTED them.

Follow their instructions or live to repent.

Their ways may be "right" 20-30 yrs ago.

Life was tough.. pple aren't sure if and when the next meal will come.

Not everyone is educated or understand world issues.

They convinced/forced pple to change for the better.

They have to convince the pple we are SINGAPOREAN, we need to create a national identity.

They helped move everyone up the education and lifestyle ladder - for that I salute them.

But they are the victim of their own success.

We have improved.

Our expectations have changed.

We want engagement.

We want to participate in making my OUR Singapore better for us and our future.

BUT they have not changed.

They have not demonstrated they want us to be engaged or that they want to engage us.

They are living in the castle they build in the air.

Their choice of candidate to engage the 20-30+yo is the one being attacked and rejected by the 20-30+yo.....

The decisions are still being taken by those from the first generation - 1G.....

Even SAF is taking about 4G......

they will have a say on May 7. if they choose wisely of course.

(edited)

of the 87 of the elected mps i have not found even 1 that i liked? is something wrong with me? :wacko::wacko: hey i forgot the 2 from potong pasir and hougang [thumbsup][thumbsup]

Edited by Eviilusion
↡ Advertisement