Proton rocks!! .... in Oz TopGear shows....

KARTer

Just watched an Oz TopGear this afternoon.............. they also have celeb driving around a track in a 'reasonably priced' sedan... guess which car they use??

A 2nd gen Proton Satria (Neo)............... Malaysia Boleh!!!

↡ Advertisement

Boring lah this post

no leh, with most other posts getting hotter, and hotter about election, we still need side dishes to balance a bit :D:D

The Satria Neo is a very popular car in many countries. It handles well and has decent power. Only problem is the high seats and small cabin (expected of a compact hatch).

The Satria Neo is a very popular car in many countries. It handles well and has decent power. Only problem is the high seats and small cabin (expected of a compact hatch).

I believe in MY there are lots of options for handling or performance upgrades..... in stock setup, does it handle similarly to say Suzuki Swift Sports? [:)]

Neutral Newbie

I believe in MY there are lots of options for handling or performance upgrades..... in stock setup, does it handle similarly to say Suzuki Swift Sports? [:)]

hmm...i have nvr driven a SSS, but before upgrading to Tein, my stock suspension Neo handles better den my previous EG.not engine wise (VTEC N.A. is the best in its class la... :D ) but cornering on a stock Neo...woooootttts! But please change the shoes first, stock Continental Sport Contact 1 isn't really tarmac-hugging....

Cool!! Great to know that!!

Seriously, the Satria Neo handles very well for a stock car.

Agree...

the handling of R3 Satria Neo is good...Mainly cos got Lotus tuning...

However, they nvr brought in here...

I also read before that Proton will put in supercharger into it...

Wah, would love to try

:wub::wub:

that celeb complain that the proton neo make him vomit, shake too much... and proton cannot make car!

I am not surprised.....

If they are used to comfort, sitting in such a car will make them vomit.

I think if they sit inside track cars, they will probably die...lol.

iirc, Satria Neo was put on sales here some 6 or 7 yrs ago as their press adv.

my ex-colleague who was with family name Neo, & he was jokingly expressed there should be special discount for names consisting of "Neo".

Neutral Newbie

iirc, Satria Neo was put on sales here some 6 or 7 yrs ago as their press adv.

my ex-colleague who was with family name Neo, & he was jokingly expressed there should be special discount for names consisting of "Neo".

no la.. no R3.only the normal edition Satria Neo..

How to import R3 models when Proton is not popular here?..... but the Neo is a good car itself for its price and reliability.Tracked thrice before.Not even a problem engine - wise.Still runs as if I just bought it.wait till 100,000 km then I'm gonna take out the engine for balancing and blueprinting then we'll see the results!

Cool!! Great to know that!!

Seriously, the Satria Neo handles very well for a stock car.

my fen drove the previous "Satria GTi 1.8" and liked it..... you have the chance to compare the Neo with the GTi??

no la.. no R3.only the normal edition Satria Neo..

How to import R3 models when Proton is not popular here?..... but the Neo is a good car itself for its price and reliability.Tracked thrice before.Not even a problem engine - wise.Still runs as if I just bought it.wait till 100,000 km then I'm gonna take out the engine for balancing and blueprinting then we'll see the results!

Btw, if you are going to rebuild the engine, remember to swap in the 1.3L pistons instead. This is because they are said to give slightly higher compression.

my fen drove the previous "Satria GTi 1.8" and liked it..... you have the chance to compare the Neo with the GTi??

Sorry Bro, I have never get to sit in the GTi. The Satria Neo is my first experience with Proton cars. And seriously, its good.