Why will you buy a compact Continental car?

Pinkypink

got one fellow in mcf driving a chevy cruz, and he can say its a conti car. skin very thick

conti or yankee?

that's a freaking daewoo la what yankee hahahaha

↡ Advertisement

got one fellow in mcf driving a chevy cruz, and he can say its a conti car. skin very thick

Aiyah, its still better than those who change the badge of their cars....lol...

that's a freaking daewoo la what yankee hahahaha

lol...wat to do..GM bought over mah....so not american car?

he might as well haolian his car is a transformer car

guys did you realise A1 boot cannot even put in a golf bag?

Not everybody plays golf. Some play ping pong, badminton. [:p]

Neutral Newbie

Most who driven conti would not go back to asian makes if allowed. I repeat it is MOST.

Turbocharged

Btw, the most important thing to me about cars is cheap and easy to maintain. Cheap means spare parts don't cost an arm and a leg. Easy to maintain means its well designed so I can access areas in the engine bay easily or don't have to rip out dozens of things just to replace a filter.

If not take out battery need special tool to reset ecu, change tyre also need to reset ecu etc..... This is stupid......

one suggestion, try crashing it.

Turbocharged
(edited)

Dunno about the rest but I just have a thing about compacts. I like the shape and somehow, most compacts handles well at a certain degree too.

I guess it's individual preferences bah...I do know friends and colleagues who cannot take cars without a "backside"...looks weird they say. But it looks perfect fine to me.

As for Whether European or Jap or Korean....seriously these branding doesn't matter to me. As long as the car meets my requirements I don't give a damn. The Polo GTi attracted me cos 1. it's a compact! 2. It's got good power-weight ratio! 3. Price-wise is one of the more affordable compacts for me. Let's face it, which other compact out there can match the polo in price/power/quality? Oh there's a Skoda Fabia RS but the shape is a rip off from the Suzuki Swift! A1 is out due to the price for power.

Any Jap or Korean compact can match it now? Last checked is still the version R is closest, Civic R FN I guess but the FN is more of a coupe than a compact....but thanks to Yen prices the Japs are losing-end now. Maybe now the Hyundai Veloster is the one to look at..

If one day Hyundai has a TSI-like engine...I wouldn't mind jumping to it!! I hope so actually..it'll be cheaper!

I'm in my 30's, no kids....I guess at this stage luxury or branding/ is secondary...

Edited by Pocus

Nowadays, many car brands are bringing in smaller models, ie. Audi A1, Volkswagen Polo GTI etc.

More people are turning to compact Continental cars, instead of buying Japanese/Korean family sedans.

What do you think are the reasons for the popularity in compact Continental cars?

Buyers will often look at their budget and the overall package the car offers.

Since you are talking about Continental small hatch models(2-door, 1.6L & under 1.6L?), there are just a handful to choose from. Namely MINI, Fiat 500, Audi A1, VW Polo, Pug 207GTI, Citroen DS3 what else?...

After narrowing it down, buyers will start to compare the overall package of each car offers (performance, interior luxury, interior space, fuel economy blah blah blah) vs price tag. The package & price these cars offer are actually quite attractive that the typical Japanese/Korean family sedan buyers will think twice or take a 2nd look. These buyers are very likely not the typical family men of course.

So me thinks it's the price and overall package that these cars offer.

Hmmm why are you assuming that people will be deciding between the compact conti hatches and jap/korean sedans?

Although they could be the same price, I believe most people would have decided on a car type (hatch,sedan,coupe) first and then narrow down the choices based on budget and other criteria.

When my friends ask me for car buying advice, they always tell me.. "I want a hatchback and i dun wanna spend more than $xxx. What do you suggest?"

I've never heard someone asking me.. "Eh, what is the most show off car i can buy with $xxx?"

Weird.

I will buy a compact continental car, IF

I am still young and do not have kids

I can afford luxury jap car like camry, accord but i want more power(power to weight ratio) and style and to be different

Cannot afford higher end continental and can only go for A1, 118i, & I die die want to go for continental cars

I wan new engine, new technology, follow the trend

Back then, i had a mini cooper s JCW and a roc 1.4. Both new. Value at 220k.

Sadly, i'm considered a wannabe. Should have gone for a camry

To give the image of a yuppie lifestyle

To tell people you drive a conti

To tell people that I have not really made it yet but I am up and coming

To pay lower road tax and get same power using the super and turbo charge route

Because I cannot afford a Audi A5, BMW 325, or Passat 4motion

If I ever get a small conti it will be for the purpose of getting the perceived conti quality without having to pay for high price of a full-size conti.... my children dont go out with me any more, only my wife and I, so a small car will be just fine :D

Dunno about the rest but I just have a thing about compacts. I like the shape and somehow, most compacts handles well at a certain degree too.

I guess it's individual preferences bah...I do know friends and colleagues who cannot take cars without a "backside"...looks weird they say. But it looks perfect fine to me.

As for Whether European or Jap or Korean....seriously these branding doesn't matter to me. As long as the car meets my requirements I don't give a damn. The Polo GTi attracted me cos 1. it's a compact! 2. It's got good power-weight ratio! 3. Price-wise is one of the more affordable compacts for me. Let's face it, which other compact out there can match the polo in price/power/quality? Oh there's a Skoda Fabia RS but the shape is a rip off from the Suzuki Swift! A1 is out due to the price for power.

Any Jap or Korean compact can match it now? Last checked is still the version R is closest, Civic R FN I guess but the FN is more of a coupe than a compact....but thanks to Yen prices the Japs are losing-end now. Maybe now the Hyundai Veloster is the one to look at..

If one day Hyundai has a TSI-like engine...I wouldn't mind jumping to it!! I hope so actually..it'll be cheaper!

I'm in my 30's, no kids....I guess at this stage luxury or branding/ is secondary...

I go thru similar thoughts as yours whenever I have to choose a car [:)]

I am much older than you, but still, branding/luxury is right at the bottom of my checklist.......... money spent on these two areas I feel should be better spent on performance+functionality.... [:)] ....... of course in such things, there's no right or wrong, just individual preferences

End of the day, i think it's about the best car you can buy with your budget....buying and affording are two different matters...for example i can buy a brand new cayman but doesn't mean I can afford it...besides cars are depreciating assets....everytime i buy a brand new car i will regret it later when i sell it off...i had owned 2 brand new cars and about 6 used cars leow...for example there is this f430 on sales with 4 owners but if you drive it to zouk who the hell will know? all the chicks there will still dig you...i mean let you dig.. haha

LOL........ let's go rent a 430 and go bio xmm together :D:D

compact Conti can't pack in the kids? depends on how many kids you have..?

quite true if the kids need child seats + prams........ big headache [dizzy] ...... not to forget the maid, and in-laws....

The whole MINI cooper range is considered compact conti lei.

I like MINI..probably in the future I wanna own one.

No offence bro , I think I would prefer a Golf GTi... Just my 2 cents worth.. [laugh] [laugh]

↡ Advertisement