Why will you buy a compact Continental car?

Pinkypink

Neutral Newbie

although the Cooper S JCW might be a good contender to the GTI

No, mcs wins gti & sci R hands down, according to best motoring in fact its the fastest hatch amongst all european hatch eg fiat_abarth500 megane_renault, vw...

↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged

i have sat inside a passat cc a few times. although the build quality is good, the interior is not as spacious as a cheaper camry/accord/teana.

so you got drive it on the road or not??

that is where the different come in.

this question by TS is freaking hilarious... [laugh]

why not i rephrase it in another way..

'Why wil you buy a compact Japanese car?' ..... when you can get a luxury malaysian or china car?

or maybe in another perspective..

'Why would you want to stay in a 2 room condominium?'..... when you can pay for a HDB 5 room flat or a mansionette?

at the end of the day, be it whether is it for the A1, 118i or Polo, they are meant for different people with different needs and demographics.

for me, i can comfortably afford a 2.4l accord (im not bragging, so pls dun flame me) but is it necessary for me to drive around everyday in a big car with just me alone in it coz i'm not married?

i'm pretty sure i can be a bigger show-off with the accord than the golf i'm driving rite now but i rather buy a smaller car, which i feel comfortable in and i can spare the cash for more holidays.

Neutral Newbie

although the Cooper S JCW might be a good contender to the GTI

No, mcs wins gti & sci R hands down, according to best motoring in fact its the fastest hatch amongst all european hatch eg fiat_abarth500 megane_renault, vw...

saw a few cooper s jcw... was thinking whether to get that or loud electric orange focus st for next change :)

u sound like another old tiko....where u usually cheong and bio?

actually i prefer to relak at home and doze off in front of tv these days... sometimes talk to 'chio' aunties :D:D during my exercise in the park or gym

actually i prefer to relak at home and doze off in front of tv these days... sometimes talk to 'chio' aunties :D:D during my exercise in the park or gym

lol...oh...and i tot can jio you and TS for drinks and finger food at OC Central....hehe

this question by TS is freaking hilarious... [laugh]

why not i rephrase it in another way..

'Why wil you buy a compact Japanese car?' ..... when you can get a luxury malaysian or china car?

or maybe in another perspective..

'Why would you want to stay in a 2 room condominium?'..... when you can pay for a HDB 5 room flat or a mansionette?

at the end of the day, be it whether is it for the A1, 118i or Polo, they are meant for different people with different needs and demographics.

for me, i can comfortably afford a 2.4l accord (im not bragging, so pls dun flame me) but is it necessary for me to drive around everyday in a big car with just me alone in it coz i'm not married?

i'm pretty sure i can be a bigger show-off with the accord than the golf i'm driving rite now but i rather buy a smaller car, which i feel comfortable in and i can spare the cash for more holidays.

I agree with you....i think something wrong with me to buy a chunky 4 door saloon when I am single and hardly ferry people around...maybe deep down in my subconsciousness I yearn to be a family man...anyway between an accord 2.4 and a golf gti...I think there is not much difference in perceived image or price...just different segment of the market that's all...

so you got drive it on the road or not??

that is where the different come in.

i talk about interior spaciousness not the drive quality.

Turbocharged

if i have 120k and im 27 you ask me buy camry i ask u go f cockroach

don't bring the cockroach into this <_<

don't bring the cockroach into this <_<

what's wrong...maybe you are 27 and a filial son who wants to drive your parents around...or you are 27 and like to make out in the car

Neutral Newbie

I agree with you....i think something wrong with me to buy a chunky 4 door saloon when I am single and hardly ferry people around...maybe deep down in my subconsciousness I yearn to be a family man...anyway between an accord 2.4 and a golf gti...I think there is not much difference in perceived image or price...just different segment of the market that's all...

Errrr, I m single but all my cars in the recent 3 years all 4 doors. And I tink alot of singles buy 4 doors cos the singles I knw mostly drive 4 doors sedan. & non of us prefer a compact. Most of them drove compacts when they were early 20ish.

Supersonic

Nowadays, many car brands are bringing in smaller models, ie. Audi A1, Volkswagen Polo GTI etc.

More people are turning to compact Continental cars, instead of buying Japanese/Korean family sedans.

What do you think are the reasons for the popularity in compact Continental cars?

same reason as why ppl buy prada instead of bonia?

if ppl can afford it, i guess they won't wanna buy what their dads, mom or aunties used to buy 20yrs ago.

same reason as why ppl buy prada instead of bonia?

if ppl can afford it, i guess they won't wanna buy what their dads, mom or aunties used to buy 20yrs ago.

bu bu but...u still buy crocodile leh [wave][wave][wave]

Errrr, I m single but all my cars in the recent 3 years all 4 doors. And I tink alot of singles buy 4 doors cos the singles I knw mostly drive 4 doors sedan. & non of us prefer a compact. Most of them drove compacts when they were early 20ish.

I guess we singaporeans are mostly practical...the last time i drove a 2 door turbo car was when I was 20

The Big is safer than small mentality should change, you see a smart fortwo crash with a lager merc also no problem, the smart passengers still survive and maybe even better then the passengers in the larger merc, it is about technology and not big is better than small....

not completely true....imagine the car is rear ended by a huge truck....i dun think i'd want to be in a small car in tat scenario, no matter how safe the car was designed to be.

Supersonic

bu bu but...u still buy crocodile leh

....and that's why i buy wowo n mercelee mah. i'm way too hip to be bothered abt being hip. [rolleyes][laugh][laugh]