Singapore's Political Ironmen

Lethalstrike

Looking back at LKY's highly pragmatic view of his way of governing Singapore, i strongly believed that his personal convictions had someway or another, contributed to the Singapore's success today. However, his personal convictions is so entrenched that he did not realise that in order for today's Singapore to continue to prosper, PAP's iron-grip on the political landscape in Singapore will have to go.

I fully agree with what he had said, "Whoever governs Singapore must have that iron in him, or give it up..."

This very statement has also reminded me of 1 very special ironman who is absolutely has that iron-will in him, standing for the good of fellow Singaporeans despite all odds against him, be it physical or institutional.

So fellow MCFers and Singaporeans, so let us all vote wisely for the good of Singapore. ^_^

↡ Advertisement

1st Gear

I think many will shed tears if he ever lose in Bishan-TPY. This will probably be his swan song.

Nevertheless, VOTE CHIAM SEE TONG! VOTE SPP!

Neutral Newbie

Looking back at LKY's highly pragmatic view of his way of governing Singapore, i strongly believed that his personal convictions had someway or another, contributed to the Singapore's success today. However, his personal convictions is so entrenched that he did not realise that in order for today's Singapore to continue to prosper, PAP's iron-grip on the political landscape in Singapore will have to go.

I fully agree with what he had said, "Whoever governs Singapore must have that iron in him, or give it up..."

This very statement has also reminded me of 1 very special ironman who is absolutely has that iron-will in him, standing for the good of fellow Singaporeans despite all odds against him, be it physical or institutional.

So fellow MCFers and Singaporeans, so let us all vote wisely for the good of Singapore. ^_^

ONE LOVES SINGAPORE.......The OTHER LOVES SINGAPORE & SINGAPOREANS.

ONE HAS AN IRON GRIP on SINGAPORE.......The OTHER A TRUE COMPASSIONATE LOVE FOR SINGAPORE & SINGAPOREANS.

Who would in their frail condition go to a coffeeshop after coffeeshop to reach out to their fellow SINGAPOREANS, speak at rally after rally with a weak breath to their fellow SINGAPOREANS?

Why you do not seems optimistic? I thought many/most people of all generations looking forward to freedom for their voting rights? I am puzzled by your comment.

1st Gear

Why you do not seems optimistic? I thought many/most people of all generations looking forward to freedom for their voting rights? I am puzzled by your comment.

Optimistic and Realistic are different matters.

Of course, I want SPP to win in Bishan-TPY but my feel in this area is that more are still for PAP. [:(]

(edited)

While some bros/sis commented "what's the point of voting OP since end result is the same", I hope many will choose to believe differently... The key is not about how others vote, it's who we believe in voting for... Many old generation Singaporean may believe "just do what they say, don't question", I hope the younger ones 50 and below will have the courage to vote whole-heartedly.

All great changes start with belief! [sunny]

Edited by Poper

ONE LOVES SINGAPORE.......The OTHER LOVES SINGAPORE & SINGAPOREANS.

ONE HAS AN IRON GRIP on SINGAPORE.......The OTHER A TRUE COMPASSIONATE LOVE FOR SINGAPORE & SINGAPOREANS.

Who would in their frail condition go to a coffeeshop after coffeeshop to reach out to their fellow SINGAPOREANS, speak at rally after rally with a weak breath to their fellow SINGAPOREANS?

correct. [grin]

Optimistic and Realistic are different matters.

Of course, I want SPP to win in Bishan-TPY but my feel in this area is that more are still for PAP. [:(]

Many new citizens still ignorant whats it all about?

While some bros/sis commented "what's the point of voting OP since end result is the same", I hope many will choose to believe differently... The key is not about how others vote, it's who we believe in voting for... Many old generation Singaporean may believe "just do what they say, don't question", I hope the younger ones 50 and below will have the courage to vote whole-heartedly.

All great changes start with belief! [sunny]

Are they too wealthy to be concerned? My 60+ sibling pleased that at last can vote at GE.

strong govt works for developing nations. at some point, u gotta cut loose or things will get worse. Does your mother still hold an iron grip on you when you've become an adult? if she still does, you'll be worse off than u thought.

Turbocharged

Are they too wealthy to be concerned? My 60+ sibling pleased that at last can vote at GE.

[shocked] 60yrs+ sibling or u have 60+ sibling?.. [sweatdrop]

[shocked] 60yrs+ sibling or u have 60+ sibling?.. [sweatdrop]

LOL........... same here, i almost thought his sibling is 60+ old :D:D .......... but i think he means there are 60+ siblings