YOU are only worth this much

Ah_tee

(edited)

though i am very against the influx of FTs, i still treat them like a fellow being and have never look at them with a different perspective.

i was having lunch with a PRC colleague. shes a 24yr old gal who just graduated from NTU and now working in a MNC while waiting for PR approval.

just started a casual topic like, wad do u like about this country and how are u coping

so we get the standard reply. wad stuns me, was the answer to my next question.

me: " so wad makes u decide to come here"

PRC: " i didnt"

me: " wa, ur parents force u here or ur bf is here"

PRC: "neither, ur SG gahment invited us here"

me: " huh, wad do u mean"

PRC: " ur MOE went to our school in our village and told us they URGENTLY need students here, infact they were hardselling the whole scheme and many of us signed up"

me: " huh, wad did they offer"

PRC: " they offer us, ALL Expenses paid for our fees in NTU, including lodging and we even get pocket money"

me: *mouth open

PRC: "on top of that, they have send me the INVITATION letter to apply for PR after we grad"

i seriously begin to wonder the magitude of the FT problem has many more sides that many of us do not know,

i lose my pride as a sgporean after hearing this and i really wonder do they really care ?

if u give a PR who starts a business here and bring jobs to sgporeans, by all means.

BUT if u choose to so-call groom a FT and seemingly used up tax payers money to fund it, i totally do not understand the reason why.

my guess is, they bring in more FTs, give them the candy and they bring in more FTs, which i belive is working because she told her friends about this scheme and many of her friends are here now, at the expenses of home-grown sgporeans.

i myself was deprived the chance of studying in a local U.

but yet a villager from a faraway land with no visible society contributions gets the chance of studying here, all expenses PAID.

are we really worth this much to the gahment ?

is it really we got not enough pple here to study in NTU ? then why are they rejecting sgporeans who meet the pre-requisites ?

Edited by Ah_tee
↡ Advertisement

1st Gear

though i am very against the influx of FTs, i still treat them like a fellow being and have never look at them with a different perspective.

i was having lunch with a PRC colleague. shes a 24yr old gal who just graduated from NTU and now working in a MNC while waiting for PR approval.

just started a casual topic like, wad do u like about this country and how are u coping

PRC: " ur MOE went to our school in our village and told us they URGENTLY need students here, infact they were hardselling the whole scheme and many of us signed up"

PRC: " they offer us, ALL Expenses paid for our fees in NTU, including lodging and we even get pocket money"

PRC: "on top of that, they have send me the INVITATION letter to apply for PR after we grad"

i seriously begin to wonder i think the magitude of the FT problem has many more that many of us do not know,

i lose my pride as a sgporean after hearing this and i really wonder do they really care ?

if u give a PR who starts a business here and bring jobs to sgporeans, by all means.

BUT if u choose to so-call groom a FT and seemingly used up tax payers money to fund it, i totally do not understand the reason why.

my guess is, they bring in more FTs, give them the candy and they bring in more FTs, which i belive is working because she told her friends about this scheme and many of her friends are here now, at the expenses of home-grown sgporeans.

but yet a villager from a faraway land with no visible society contributions gets the chance of studying here, all expenses PAID.

is it really we got not enough pple here to study in NTU ? then why are they rejecting sgporeans who meet the pre-requisites ?

Yup ..same here...

i have 5 friends all recruited ... from shanghai

Supersonic

SG gahment always have 1001 reasons to justifiy why they want to invite & encourage FTs to come into sg to work & studied. I have already lose heart on wht SG gahment said! [thumbsdown]

Turbocharged

When the grass in your courtyard started to dry up, they have to bring in carpet grass to patch up.

Little did they know that all they need is just water...

Neutral Newbie

I am glad that you brought this up.

because its a fact, a reality and its not published as well.

but i have known alot of china folks that has came over this way and eventually become PR.

their plan is of cos to return back to china when they have zap all the benefits.

ironically, we do not entice the indian or malay folks from our neighbouring countries.

I think you should post this personal experience on The Online Citizen or other high traffic websites - I think Singaporeans deserve to know this prior to the polls

her shann

i seriously begin to wonder the magitude of the FT problem has many more sides that many of us do not know,

this, i think, is the last straw...i've decided who to vote for. whether or not, what u said is true. i simply cannot understand why they want to increase the bloody population by taking in FT as such a fast pace. UR BLOODY INFRASTRUCTURE CANNOT SUPPORT 5.5mio of people NOW. God damn it..... damn freaking pissed off...

and this policy is kind of irreversible...u cant fired all the FT and ask them to go back overnight....

anyway, im going to let me vote count and 'repent'.... :angry:

Turbocharged

My former neighbour are from Shanghai & Suzhou (Husband/Wife). They studied in SG and got Hons degree at the expense of taxpayers money and best of all, they are so successful they bought Private Condo and continue to rent their 4-rm flat and sold last year and bought another Condo unit to rent.

Things we give to Foreigners that we don't give even a chance for own citizens.

If I had to compare Msia biasness against Chinese/Indian for University entry, I think they still are better than us.

Sadly many only vote for self interests

Like I say before...

The Societal behaviour is shaped by its Political Atmosphere.

Supersonic
(edited)

I am glad that you brought this up.

because its a fact, a reality and its not published as well.

but i have known alot of china folks that has came over this way and eventually become PR.

their plan is of cos to return back to china when they have zap all the benefits.

ironically, we do not entice the indian or malay folks from our neighbouring countries.

I dont think only china folks easily got their PR here lo. Other FTs from other countries also easily got their PR here. In fact, i feel sg is the most easy place to get a work permit, no matter wht your background is and whether u can speak english or not! [thumbsdown] Imagine approving a person who doesnt know how to speak english properly or cannot speak at all, can get a work permit to work in a service line! I think only sg can be capable in doing such thing!

Edited by 13177

Turbocharged
(edited)

the dodgy part is there are professional immigration companies which make a cut from every person they "Import". In china, they are so desperate to become SG PR, i even had a chinaman ask me this:"if i buy a flat here, can i become PR automatically?"... my jaw dropped when he asked me this but im guessing alot of garmen linked coys profitted from this huge import move the last few years... if u look at the financial incentive scheme for PR before it was revised, they people make lots of $ were the sg fund managers who accepted the PR candidates funds as part of the PR application process & private bankers..

yes its all tied togather but hardly any media coverage on this because its dam sensitive issue... in china there property companies selling sg properties who process PR applications as well... i wont mention the property coys but they are the big developers here. They go there to buy property, at the same place got PR application advisors too

Edited by Duckduck

I LOST MY PRIDE AS A S'porean after hearing this [bigcry], there are a lot of people who did not study until degree, while we singaporean have to fight to get into a U, they invited ft to come....what the hell are they thinking, why can't they just use the extra space to educate people who did not have a chance to get into U when they will young, people like my father, instead of giving to FT.

was speaking to my colleagues the other day and even my ah neh so called FT colleague admitted that SG treats foreigners better than their citizens..

please wake up!!!!

Neutral Newbie

I dont think only china folks easily got their PR here lo. Other FTs from other countries also easily got their PR here. In fact, i feel sg is the most easy place to get a work permit, no matter wht your background is and whether u can speak english or not! [thumbsdown] Imagine approving a person who doesnt know how to speak english properly or cannot speak at all, can get a work permit to work in a service line! I think only sg can be capable in doing such thing!

work permit for foreign workers is normal and its easy to get.

but i would think that it would be more difficult to get PR?

just last month a PRC friend was just grumbling that it might now be harder to be PR in SG.

but this month she is already a PR lol.

just because she got a private degree here in SG although she cant speak very good english thou. hehe.

i guess they need a bigger population to get the GDP that they want? thus they just took the easiest way out and quickly import, since singapore got such low birth rate.

but if they can extend such a program to folks in china, why cant they do the same for singaporeans? free education for our kids until uni is even less expensive than those PRC's uni degree + lodging + pocket money.

My fellow Singaporeans, I'm so depressed after reading this thread. But I'm happy I'll be making the right choice with greater conviction on 7 May. Majullah Singapura!

Neutral Newbie

I've the same experience too ... and this PRC girl , who was then with NTU as a research fellow, even ask me why is the SGP goverment doing this !! I said I also don't know why [blush]