YOU are only worth this much

Ah_tee

(edited)

I've the same experience too ... and this PRC girl , who was then with NTU as a research fellow, even ask me why is the SGP goverment doing this !! I said I also don't know why [blush]

just ask ur minority friends lor! maybe they have the answer! :wacko::wacko:

Edited by Eviilusion
↡ Advertisement

Hypersonic

Which minister in charge of this open door foreign talent policy? He ought to stand together with MBT. WKS and Vivian as the most deserving to be kicked out from being a minister.

Which minister in charge of this open door foreign talent policy? He ought to stand together with MBT. WKS and Vivian as the most deserving to be kicked out from being a minister.

The Education Minister, Ng Eng Hen?

though i am very against the influx of FTs, i still treat them like a fellow being and have never look at them with a different perspective.

i was having lunch with a PRC colleague. shes a 24yr old gal who just graduated from NTU and now working in a MNC while waiting for PR approval.

just started a casual topic like, wad do u like about this country and how are u coping

so we get the standard reply. wad stuns me, was the answer to my next question.

me: " so wad makes u decide to come here"

PRC: " i didnt"

me: " wa, ur parents force u here or ur bf is here"

PRC: "neither, ur SG gahment invited us here"

me: " huh, wad do u mean"

PRC: " ur MOE went to our school in our village and told us they URGENTLY need students here, infact they were hardselling the whole scheme and many of us signed up"

me: " huh, wad did they offer"

PRC: " they offer us, ALL Expenses paid for our fees in NTU, including lodging and we even get pocket money"

me: *mouth open

PRC: "on top of that, they have send me the INVITATION letter to apply for PR after we grad"

i seriously begin to wonder the magitude of the FT problem has many more sides that many of us do not know,

i lose my pride as a sgporean after hearing this and i really wonder do they really care ?

if u give a PR who starts a business here and bring jobs to sgporeans, by all means.

BUT if u choose to so-call groom a FT and seemingly used up tax payers money to fund it, i totally do not understand the reason why.

my guess is, they bring in more FTs, give them the candy and they bring in more FTs, which i belive is working because she told her friends about this scheme and many of her friends are here now, at the expenses of home-grown sgporeans.

i myself was deprived the chance of studying in a local U.

but yet a villager from a faraway land with no visible society contributions gets the chance of studying here, all expenses PAID.

are we really worth this much to the gahment ?

is it really we got not enough pple here to study in NTU ? then why are they rejecting sgporeans who meet the pre-requisites ?

this is not new. just that most singaporean chose to ignore the fact.

Supersonic

work permit for foreign workers is normal and its easy to get.

but i would think that it would be more difficult to get PR?

just last month a PRC friend was just grumbling that it might now be harder to be PR in SG.

but this month she is already a PR lol.

just because she got a private degree here in SG although she cant speak very good english thou. hehe.

i guess they need a bigger population to get the GDP that they want? thus they just took the easiest way out and quickly import, since singapore got such low birth rate.

but if they can extend such a program to folks in china, why cant they do the same for singaporeans? free education for our kids until uni is even less expensive than those PRC's uni degree + lodging + pocket money.

Imagine getting work permit is so easy here, anyone from anywhere also can easily come into sg to work, this also added to the huge population growth and crowded with FTs lo. u go other countries, where got so easily to get work permit? [rolleyes]

I have asked those FTs how come they want to come to sg to work, and not going to other nearby countries? And they told me cause sg very easy to get work permit. [thumbsdown]

I think if s'porean continue to complain huge population growth with FT here, the sg garment might said s'porean indirectly caused it, as birth rate here is simply too low! -_-

Neutral Newbie
[furious][furious][furious] knnbccb!!! Wat the hell are we waiting then???? [rifle] Show Mao,show us the way out of these policies! [furious]

Neutral Newbie

Imagine getting work permit is so easy here, anyone from anywhere also can easily come into sg to work, this also added to the huge population growth and crowded with FTs lo. u go other countries, where got so easily to get work permit? [rolleyes]

I have asked those FTs how come they want to come to sg to work, and not going to other nearby countries? And they told me cause sg very easy to get work permit. [thumbsdown]

I think if s'porean continue to complain huge population growth with FT here, the sg garment might said s'porean indirectly caused it, as birth rate here is simply too low! -_-

This has become a reality hasnt it?

Dont forget that they are recruiting another 900,000 FT/FW still.

I just wished some opposition would ask the PM if this is true, that they are using OUR MONEY to recruit these FT/FW to take our jobs, our houses and our place in schools.

No wait, it must be true, a new citizen is going to be MP soon. [laugh]

1st Gear

this, i think, is the last straw...i've decided who to vote for. whether or not, what u said is true. i simply cannot understand why they want to increase the bloody population by taking in FT as such a fast pace. UR BLOODY INFRASTRUCTURE CANNOT SUPPORT 5.5mio of people NOW. God damn it..... damn freaking pissed off...

and this policy is kind of irreversible...u cant fired all the FT and ask them to go back overnight....

anyway, im going to let me vote count and 'repent'.... :angry:

It's absolutely true! I'm with an investment bank. I know 2 rookies that joined us recently are graduates from NUS and NTU. One from China, the other from India. The biggest insult is the India guy didnt need to serve NS, while the China one is a girl, so I don't blame her.

To add insult to injury, many local graduates applied, most don't make the cut.

(edited)

so, what made these FTs from china or india so special that our government spent such a huge amount of tax payer $ to recruit them?

they can do things singaporeans can't?

they can win a olympic silver because true born and bred singaporean chinese,malay and indians can't?

what's the point of BUYING the top athletes from china and win a olympic silver?is there any honour and pride in this?

it's just like using someone's arse and put it on your face.

when the table tennis team won a olympic silver, i am not proud at all, because almost the whole team are imports from china.

only the lackeys are proud of it, yes buying their way thru just for a olympic medal.

i am more proud of joseclin yeo, ang peng siong, fandi ahmad who never even won any olympic medal as these are true singaporeans.

as a singaporean who was born here and served my ns duties, i am sad to see and hear that almost in all MNC coys here, there are almost near half of whom are from foreign countries like china/india/malaysia/indonesia/philippines.i don't see any things extraordinary produced by them which locals can't and i have friends in the same industry being jobless for 6mths to 1 year before landing a job and their last salary / price being pushed down.

so good for giving some of our best 2.5 years serving the country getting peanuts(really) while the others came here with the security that we provide and the expense of our tax payer money and in return, taking up our jobs and housing.

btw, i am not against doing NS and i strongly support the mandate of the NS.

i won't be surprised almost all 'newly converted' citizens would vote for the P8P.

so vote wisely, your future is in your hand.

we don't need another 800K quota floodgate opening for foreigners.

Edited by Ryosuke

Neutral Newbie

I feel sad to be treated like that by the government, pay tax payer $ for those PRC. I muz plan to migrate to AUS liao.

Always have a plan B, even the government advocates that we should move to JB hehe.

I feel sad to be treated like that by the government, pay tax payer $ for those PRC. I muz plan to migrate to AUS liao.

And become an FT also? [laugh]

but nvm... still better than staying here.

was speaking to my colleagues the other day and even my ah neh so called FT colleague admitted that SG treats foreigners better than their citizens..

please wake up!!!!

My friend , you are too nice to them . Join hammer gang fot protecton.

It's absolutely true! I'm with an investment bank. I know 2 rookies that joined us recently are graduates from NUS and NTU. One from China, the other from India. The biggest insult is the India guy didnt need to serve NS, while the China one is a girl, so I don't blame her.

To add insult to injury, many local graduates applied, most don't make the cut.

You know why? That's because the asking pay of the rookies which your bank had just hired is lower than what the locals are asking for.

Supersonic
(edited)

You know why? That's because the asking pay of the rookies which your bank had just hired is lower than what the locals are asking for.

That's because even a low asking pay translates to a sh*tload of yuan and rupees. But don't Singaporeans deserve to be given priority in a Singaporean firm, and be paid salaries commensurate with a Singaporean standard of living? [rolleyes]

Edited by Turboflat4

Always have a plan B, even the government advocates that we should move to JB hehe.

that clown who said this was and used to be a FTs from malaysia himself, and now he wants us to go back to his kampung.

HE, as a former malaysian who came here at the expense of singaporeans and without serving NS, have the audacity to insult singaporeans to migrate to the place where he came from.

i think he ought to be shot at.

1st Gear

that clown who said this was and used to be a FTs from malaysia himself, and now he wants us to go back to his kampung.

HE, as a former malaysian who came here at the expense of singaporeans and without serving NS, have the audacity to insult singaporeans to migrate to the place where he came from.

i think he ought to be shot at.

We were also asked to go Malaysia for cheaper healthcare and can use medisave? what's the reason?????

↡ Advertisement