YOU are only worth this much

Ah_tee

though i am very against the influx of FTs, i still treat them like a fellow being and have never look at them with a different perspective.

i was having lunch with a PRC colleague. shes a 24yr old gal who just graduated from NTU and now working in a MNC while waiting for PR approval.

just started a casual topic like, wad do u like about this country and how are u coping

so we get the standard reply. wad stuns me, was the answer to my next question.

me: " so wad makes u decide to come here"

PRC: " i didnt"

me: " wa, ur parents force u here or ur bf is here"

PRC: "neither, ur SG gahment invited us here"

me: " huh, wad do u mean"

PRC: " ur MOE went to our school in our village and told us they URGENTLY need students here, infact they were hardselling the whole scheme and many of us signed up"

me: " huh, wad did they offer"

PRC: " they offer us, ALL Expenses paid for our fees in NTU, including lodging and we even get pocket money"

me: *mouth open

PRC: "on top of that, they have send me the INVITATION letter to apply for PR after we grad"

i seriously begin to wonder the magitude of the FT problem has many more sides that many of us do not know,

i lose my pride as a sgporean after hearing this and i really wonder do they really care ?

if u give a PR who starts a business here and bring jobs to sgporeans, by all means.

BUT if u choose to so-call groom a FT and seemingly used up tax payers money to fund it, i totally do not understand the reason why.

my guess is, they bring in more FTs, give them the candy and they bring in more FTs, which i belive is working because she told her friends about this scheme and many of her friends are here now, at the expenses of home-grown sgporeans.

i myself was deprived the chance of studying in a local U.

but yet a villager from a faraway land with no visible society contributions gets the chance of studying here, all expenses PAID.

are we really worth this much to the gahment ?

is it really we got not enough pple here to study in NTU ? then why are they rejecting sgporeans who meet the pre-requisites ?

This is an open secret, it has been done for quite sometime. Our local universities were too far from top rankings for the Gov to like, thus in order to artificially raise the rankings they had to have many foreign students.

One of the citerias for getting a good ranking is the number of foreign students that can be "attracted", so a smart alecky scholar came up with this "brilliant" idea to import them at all costs.

So this is actually to propel Singapore to higher ranking ok! Although local students gotta don't get so much incentives but now your school ranking is higher. So dunch comprain ok! If we give more places to foreigners and give them perks to come here we can slowly move up the ranking ladder....

Sounds a little like GDP hor..... [laugh]

↡ Advertisement

though i am very against the influx of FTs, i still treat them like a fellow being and have never look at them with a different perspective.

i was having lunch with a PRC colleague. shes a 24yr old gal who just graduated from NTU and now working in a MNC while waiting for PR approval.

just started a casual topic like, wad do u like about this country and how are u coping

PRC: " ur MOE went to our school in our village and told us they URGENTLY need students here, infact they were hardselling the whole scheme and many of us signed up"

PRC: " they offer us, ALL Expenses paid for our fees in NTU, including lodging and we even get pocket money"

PRC: "on top of that, they have send me the INVITATION letter to apply for PR after we grad"

i seriously begin to wonder the magitude of the FT problem has many more sides that many of us do not know,

i lose my pride as a sgporean after hearing this and i really wonder do they really care ?

if u give a PR who starts a business here and bring jobs to sgporeans, by all means.

BUT if u choose to so-call groom a FT and seemingly used up tax payers money to fund it, i totally do not understand the reason why.

my guess is, they bring in more FTs, give them the candy and they bring in more FTs, which i belive is working because she told her friends about this scheme and many of her friends are here now, at the expenses of home-grown sgporeans.

but yet a villager from a faraway land with no visible society contributions gets the chance of studying here, all expenses PAID.

is it really we got not enough pple here to study in NTU ? then why are they rejecting sgporeans who meet the pre-requisites ?

Thats why we have young lads like Lim Zi Rui (Reform Party ) saying "I don't know what i'm defending anymore"

Trust me, if u ask NSF nowadays...I can assure that most of them are sharing the same mindset with him...

Perhaps, next time the younger generations would be even more upset

Sad to say, the world has changed...Indeed SG has also changed

[bigcry] [bigcry] [bigcry]

No wonder my india neighbour so laolan, midnight 2-3am grind curry powder, went to his house knock and KPKB. He gave me the "WTF" face. And den the grinding start again and again.

Turbocharged

KNN... Whenever I go to school (NUS), i feel like i'm in China.. if not for the hot and humid weather, I WILL BE 99% sure that i'm in China...

Supercharged

SAD SAD SAD [bigcry]

This is the HARD truth, my friend. We are being screwed by garment...

Neutral Newbie

I also had similar conversation yesterday with a colleague from India who also said he has friends being enticed to take up studies here in Singapore, and PR status upon completion is part of the study package! I was speechless and feeling giddy for a while. That explains why we are seeing more and more FT everywhere, from school to work to shooping centres and eating places... [thumbsdown]

Turbocharged
(edited)

look at the link below for the foreign FT staff/students in NTU:

http://www3.ntu.edu.sg/eee/eee6/phrcweb/st...search_phrc.asp

Unacceptable!

Edited by Albeniz

I thought this already started way back in 1992?

in my first year in NTU the only so call foreigners were mostly Malaysian with their 'Power' brand track shoe... [:p]

then in my second year, whole loads of them (PRC) were occupying the hall of residences...

making a din eveynite, cooking in the pantry without washing up the utensil. and walking about along the hall corridors only in their big boxers....

I managed to work with a PHD student for my final year project and he mentioned that the sin gahmen offer many of them scholarship to come to singapore... :angry:

that is when i think the influx started....

and some ppl can still prefer to vote for a govt that pays foreigners more than locals of the same status. shocking but i guess there are exceptions in every society.

Neutral Newbie

I thought this already started way back in 1992?

in my first year in NTU the only so call foreigners were mostly Malaysian with their 'Power' brand track shoe... [:p]

then in my second year, whole loads of them (PRC) were occupying the hall of residences...

making a din eveynite, cooking in the pantry without washing up the utensil. and walking about along the hall corridors only in their big boxers....

I managed to work with a PHD student for my final year project and he mentioned that the sin gahmen offer many of them scholarship to come to singapore... :angry:

that is when i think the influx started....

question is, where are they now? :D

(edited)

do u want to be 2nd class citizens in your own country?

do you want your children to lead a stressful life and compete with the FT even as young as pre-school... depriving them any joy or happy childhood memories they might have

do you want more ah nehs and ah tiongs and filipinos here, many whom are not much capable than you are, but are holding the same job or role as you are working now, simply because they are cheaper

do you want to pay for your house till 60, only to find out that you have utilised ALL your CPF for your house, and you will need to downgrade to a smaller house when you are old

Do you want to hear more excuses from the ruling party and "popular policies" implemented, even though you knew the ground sentiment opposes but somehow, the newspaper, through a "survey", tells you everyone is happy and supports the policies?

modified from quote from V. Balakrishan

Do you want to eat in restaurant now

10 years down the road, eat in foodcourt

20 years down the road, eat in hawker centre??

the choice is yours

Edited by Speedz76

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

if this is true.. soon we will become Singapore SAR ROC

... then we are the one who will become FTs... cleaners.. maids... drivers....

Edited by Nikamura

Supercharged

prostitutes open their legs to get money, but our government open the immigration door to get vote.

hookers get money for opening their legs, our garment GIVE money for opening their own legs

(edited)

If what you had said is true, somebody deserves to be shot after 7th May.

Its a 100% true. My sis is a teacher. She says the principals themselves go to these villages to do the "handpicking" and this is at secondary school level.

Edited by Whiteice78

Anyone that does well at their SAT are welcomed here ...... there are conditions set by the government and its not easy to meet the requirements.

Turbocharged

eh,....Where to find the middle finger icon for this dreadfully f--ked up MOE policy after the BTO disaster? Both are in the running for the most epic failure public policy ever put up!! [furious]

↡ Advertisement