YOU are only worth this much

Ah_tee

Supercharged

Not only for the uni, poly is also the same, fly over to invite them over... i have a few such PRC in my team...

3rd Gear

who ask u guys not to make luv every night and have more smart babies?

now u guys can suck thumb cause they found out how to have "instant" babies

Neutral Newbie

Ng Eng Hen is the Education Minister!! Just nice he is partner with Wong Kan Seng. Really should cast the vote to Chiam See Tong!! We don't need one who let a terrorist escape and one that use our money to pay for China ppl and subsequently fight with Singaporean for jobs! More monkey business to be unveil I presume.

(edited)

My personal experience in my previous coy.

Knew this PRC guy who studied in NUS on FULLY PAID scholarship. FREE lodging, FREE allowance, FREE tuition fees.

Only 'bond' he had to serve was to work in SG for 3 yrs. No need to be any specific coy. Just need to work in SG for 3 yrs.

After just 1+ yrs, he packed his bags and went back to China to work for an international bank.

I can't even afford to stay in the uni's hostel and experience uni hostel life. Yet this guy gets to come here FREE EVERYTHING and then pat his backside and went off to China just like that.

I'm a 2nd class citizen in my own country!!!! I feel betrayed, forsakened and used... best of all... I feel a stinging pain in my backside... [dead]

Edit : Just to add, he was AUTOMATICALLY GIVEN a PR when he grad [dead] [dead] [dead]

Edited by Mydotcom

Neutral Newbie

Basically we are a joke to them [laugh]

That our own country will take even better care of them than their own citizens

Supercharged

Ng Eng Hen is the Education Minister!! Just nice he is partner with Wong Kan Seng. Really should cast the vote to Chiam See Tong!! We don't need one who let a terrorist escape and one that use our money to pay for China ppl and subsequently fight with Singaporean for jobs! More monkey business to be unveil I presume.

Besides Ng Eng Hen, you know who else is in charge of MOE? [sly] Cheng Ho's sister........ the whole picture suddenly becomes so clear.....

Neutral Newbie

The Education Minister, Ng Eng Hen?

The recruitment of foreign (esp China) students by our gahmen to study here has been going on a long long time already. It's not just the current EM or recent MOE policy.

Though I'd no idea of the numbers annually and that they're all fully funded! I'm really shocked if this is true.

Traditionally since the 70's, we've offered ASEAN students with very good results with ASEAN scholarships (no bond) and (only good) HSC (A-level equivalent) M'sian students with PSC teaching scholarships (bonded after graduation and must study teachng diploma to become teachers) at university level (where all fees and expenses are paid) but both of these are very small in numbers I think.

Turbocharged

The recruitment of foreign (esp China) students by our gahmen to study here has been going on a long long time already. It's not just the current EM or recent MOE policy.

Though I'd no idea of the numbers annually and that they're all fully funded! I'm really shocked if this is true.

Traditionally since the 70's, we've offered ASEAN students with very good results with ASEAN scholarships (no bond) and (only good) HSC (A-level equivalent) M'sian students with PSC teaching scholarships (bonded after graduation and must study teachng diploma to become teachers) at university level (where all fees and expenses are paid) but both of these are very small in numbers I think.

To let everyone have a grasp on the situation.. My cohort in NUS Mechanical Engineering of about 300-400 students, approximately 30-40 are from PRC. I haven't go to those from ASEAN and India.

60% of NUS Engineering Graduate (Masters and PhD) students are from PRC.

And this is only Engineering.. we haven't go into other courses.. One thing i know is, there are less PRC but more ASEAN students in Arts and SoSci and BIZ..

I am really apprehensive about the future.

It will continue to be bleak, and might even be worse, if they remain in power.

This Sat, the ball is in your court. Vote for a change, without fear.

Supersonic

Of course getting FT here by this way can boost the population up very quickly but the transportation and housing are not able to support it!!!!This is just a brainless quick fix!!!All the money that they had spend on getting all these FT can be invest in our citizens birth rate!!Why it's not done by giving out attactive "maids grants" to families which have 2 children and above, better child package for education, childcare leave......etc to motivatives us to have more babies. What they want is just an easy way out without taking care of true blue Singaporeans!!!!!!!!

You are absolutely right. The infrastructure here is not able to cater to the high increase of people here! Nowadays taking public transport really makes my blood boil! [furious]

I think very soon s'porean will become 2nd class citizen, and very soon there will be more FTs here than s'porean! [:|]

The questions now are

- How many foreigners are funded by our garment per year? Maybe breakdown by countries ?

- How many foreigners are not funded by our garment per year?

- How many singaporean are under scholarship per year?

- How many singaporean are not under scholarship per year?

The questions now are.........

For sure, we can't expect the Yes-men to ask the Minister those questions. As Chen Show Mao said, we need opposition MPs to ask them in the Parliament instead.

Supersonic

It takes a bigger gangster to beat up the gangsters-in-white.

It is you, the voters !!!

Neutral Newbie

It makes you wonder if Singapore is a republic, or a province/SAR of the PRC. And whether LHL is the PM or the Governor.

It is imperialism and slavery imposed on Singaporeans, ironically not by any foreign powers. What is the root of the problem? Not the FTs, not the policy itself, but the policymakers.

PM Lee, your apologies came too little, too late, and too insincere.

Hypersonic

Bring in foreigner to boost population, create jobs is alright. But to even sponsored them, give them free education and job, that is too much. And paid for by tax payer money.. Too much..

if they had only help us peasants wif the tuition and other grants that was given to these foreigners i am very sure most of our children would have done better!

Oh Singapore! Oh Singapore! why has thou forsaken us, the son and daughters of the nation, who have shed blood and tears for your well being and for your progress. Make us proud again to the name SINGAPORE so our children and their children will remember us as the generation that change the course of the nation, and we shall move forward with Pride and Dignity.

↡ Advertisement