Should I migrate?

Vid

Hypersonic
7 minutes ago, Vid said:

Too many posts since then. Anyway, not migrating anymore. Still can't cook hokkien mee and ckt so will return to sg when time comes 😂😂

Any country would welcome u as foreign talent. Lol. 

Your kids both in UK? 

↡ Advertisement

On 3 May, 2011 at 11:23 PM, Vid said:

Good idea. Maybe I should do that. Go somewhere for a few months and see how it goes.

I would second the motion, go and stay at least a month or so to see if you really like the environment, community spirit, fresh foods produces, supply chains , weekly weather, medical and hospital benefit, dental and surgical cost and expenses- we grow old and wiser, insurance protection and home cost, state of economy growth and business opportunity.

Last is your pain threshold  for a short term vs long term stay, if you succeed in short term stay in Japan of colder country / Taiwan, then it's fine provided u can take cold weather. set a time frame and work out a mapping work-sheet of selected countries to visit for short-term stay & take it from there.

• Praise 1

Hypersonic
1 minute ago, Lala81 said:

Any country would welcome u as foreign talent. Lol. 

Your kids both in UK? 

Both are in HK. One just returned from UK to quarantine 😅

• Praise 1

@Vid I did not do that, just a whispering note in your ear, some ppl started talking about migrating donkey years ago, somehow it did not materialise due to work, change of plan & other relevant matters of life takes precedent.

Not your fault really +1 here, also wallowing in desperation and kinda disappear into  ' Noman-land ', perhaps our NSF days kinda of re-kindle old memories and starting over to make new found friend/s will be harder as we ages into the twilight years . . . & i can relate to your same reasoning of not making an error of migrating to the place we did not do enough homework and fell into despair shortly.

* I like the woods and green pasture of vast land & with time to get lost doing nothing, and cooking my meals in the forest all by myself that allow me to appreciate Nature and w/o fanfare of bears and wolves and definitely no Volcano/s

Turbocharged

Instead of migrate, why not be tourist of the world? Visit and stay in each place for a short period and rotate among those places you enjoy. Why dump your eggs in 1 basket where you can spread them freely as you like? Any thoughts? 

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

(edited)
6 minutes ago, Victor68 said:

Instead of migrate, why not be tourist of the world? Visit and stay in each place for a short period and rotate among those places you enjoy. Why dump your eggs in 1 basket where you can spread them freely as you like? Any thoughts? 

yes, perfect solution [thumbsup] 

with Airbnb and 民宿 ... we can easily rent a place to stay for 1 to 3 months ... 

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 1

38 minutes ago, Victor68 said:

That's what I have in mind. Japan, TW, Aus, NZ....and stop over Sg for Char Kuay Tiao. 

• Praise 2

Turbocharged
1 hour ago, Volvobrick said:

That's what I have in mind. Japan, TW, Aus, NZ....and stop over Sg for Char Kuay Tiao. 

for me, anywhere i have not been to before. The world is so big, even Aus you will take years to explore. Tired, rest in somewhere you most comfortable then travel again. 

• Praise 2

I dun think i can migrate even if i got the means..

Case 1 : Go vietnam backpack for a month, by week 2, already start to dream abt laksa & orh luak & many others, wake up feeling hungry n angry.. heee

Case 2  : Went oz road trip travel for 3 weeks, by week 2 see those fish n chips/burger/pizza in typical ozzie restaurant, completely turn off liao n just cook instant noodles with hot dog/chicken/pork seems more yummy to me, as usual start having dreams abt prata and fried beehoon/kway teow .. haha.

The fact that i'm typically a eat to live individual also have such problem, imagine those who is really live to eat fanatics, wonder how they survive in these foreign country for long period.

Best like wat Victor68 say, old liao go be a long term world traveler, rent here rent there, beh song just come back, sian liao just go again, no hand end to worry abt..

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 3

(edited)
21 minutes ago, mikk123 said:

anyone living in sg long enough wants to see big open country side..... the sight of HDB, CONDOS is all over our life. sometime feels there is no quiet place to go for walk and be alone. The situation is getting worse as we are developing all the new towns and increasing our populations.  The best place for us to go to japan. It is less populated and people are generally polite. In face the foods there are cheap, just go to the supermarket and see for yourself. The veg is around the same price in sg, or even cheaper, but at much high quality and freshness. It is also safer like sg. 

already plan to spend at least 1 mth in japan, taiwan, china, etc in different state/prefecture for slow and steady jalan jalan each year  [thumbsup] 

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 4

10 minutes ago, mikk123 said:

anyone living in sg long enough wants to see big open country side..... the sight of HDB, CONDOS is all over our life. sometime feels there is no quiet place to go for walk and be alone. The situation is getting worse as we are developing all the new towns and increasing our populations.  The best place for us to go to japan. It is less populated and people are generally polite. In face the foods there are cheap, just go to the supermarket and see for yourself. The veg is around the same price in sg, or even cheaper, but at much high quality and freshness. It is also safer like sg. 

so true .. the social graces there are amazing for the most part and the advantage of japan is that one has a choice of the whole spectrum of vibrant city life or quiet rural life ..

3 minutes ago, Wt_know said:

already plan to spend at least 1 mth in japan, taiwan, china, etc in different state/prefecture for slow and steady jalan jalan each year  [thumbsup] 

good plan .. and doing this will mean that you can actually choose the best time/weather to go .. enjoy the good weather of each place and when it becomes uncomfortable - too cold or too hot etc - then all you need do is move on to another place or head home ..

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1