Should I migrate?

Vid

As the saying goes " Talk is Cheap"! [:p]

You got the point. You are right. Got budget stand for election. At least be MP (if you got budget $15,000/- or $16,000/- nothing to you?)

↡ Advertisement

Supercharged

As what Chickenbackside said, it is rather true. If other countries so good, why do you think FT want to come here?

Every country has pros/cons. Instead of fleeing, why not stand firm and hold to your ground.

The time has come. Your vote this Saturday will make a difference.

Fight for your foothold in Singapore and don't let Singapore belong to FT and their children who are just interested to reap the benefits of our hardwork.

You beat me to it! It is obviously a tactic to attract flies to buzz in and add shxt.

How I wish this GE quickly get over then there will be much lesser of these political threads. Once in a while nevermind, now want to vomit. Too thi ly veiled alrdy.

MCF should take a leaf from the VAGSG forum- they serve eviction notice when they see obvious threads. Always friendly chat there, almost always.

Do not worry. Just do not vote for the ruling party will solve many problems.

Grass is always greener on the other side.

I suggest you try to work and live in the country that you want to migrate to first before making a decision. It may not turn out to be "better".

I believe you missed the opportunity to $15,000/- per month job, if you looking for job. Alteast one political party short of candidates (I missed it too).

Interesting erm, comment.

I said what I said because I have lived and worked in a few countries for meaningful amounts of time. Yes some things are better, others not so. It all depends on your priorities in life.

You never really know until you actually go through the processes. After acquiring a property, paying taxes, dealing with banks, hospitals, doctors, buying things from the supermarket, walking down the street at night to get some food when you're hungry, watching a movie in a cinema...etc, then see whether it is a better place.

Hypersonic

Just my observations:

1) Curious why you want to fall sick in the first place? Do you actually enjoy falling sick or just inapporpriate wordings?

2) What you see may not be the value-for-money housing. Do you/your family really want such housing, if there are better/cheaper

alternatives here?

3) You got the point. You are right. People Avoiding Party introduced this Gangsters-Rob-Citizens to bar citizens from voting the

candidate of our choice. That means us semi-citizens without the voting rights to solve the problem.

4) People Avoiding Party is putting all efforts to drive citizens out of Singapore, as the new immigrants enjoy the hospitality.

5) That is the protocol to bar your children from being on par with immigrants.

6) Your children will be protecting the immigrants, so that they can enjoy themselves here.

Recommendation: Do not vote for people who introduced Gangsters-Rob-Citizens to make live miserable for you and your children.

1) [laugh][laugh] No lah. I do not want to fall sick. But life's unpredictable. Nobody knows when they will be down with some serious illness that will drain all their savings.

2) What other better/cheaper alternatives are there in SG?

Agree with 4-6 ^_^

1) [laugh][laugh] No lah. I do not want to fall sick. But life's unpredictable. Nobody knows when they will be down with some serious illness that will drain all their savings.

2) What other better/cheaper alternatives are there in SG?

Agree with 4-6 ^_^

Predictable: there will be change when ruling party no more majority.

Hypersonic

How about we vote to drive the People Avoiding Party out of Singapore then?

I have no wish to drive them out. All I want is a change of policy that is pro-Singaporeans and not pro-foreigners.

Thats why they introduced Gangsters-Rob-Citizens into General Elections, to avoid fellow citizens being voted into office.

This is like high stakes gambling and they r the house. Although the house wins most of the times, the problem is it does not win ALL e time.

Turbocharged

This election has brought many many thoughts. My wife was telling me a couple of days ago if we should migrate and it really set me thinking... Here are the points why we are consdering.

1) Healthcare is too expensive. I want to be able to fall sick and not fear of becoming a heavy burden to my children. Really "can die but cannot fall sick".

2) Housing is too expensive. Although we have our own house, I fear my children will not be able to afford. A new 4 rm flat can easily cost more than $300k. By the time my children grow up, it's probably $900k [:(]

3) FTs have infiltrated our society. Left right centre all flanked by them. And there is no let up on the numbers still on the way. I feel really "squeezed" whenever I out on the streets. I no longer feel at home and that feeling is growing stronger and stronger.

4) Gahmen are still courting for more FTs. How can my children have a future here?

5) Gahmen goes overseas, like China, and give those so called FTs all expense paid trip here. With free education all the way until university. If my children can't get into local university, I have to send them overseas anyway.

6) My children will have to serve NS. I do not want them to hold the rifle while the FTs come here to enjoy the peace and snatch their jobs, their houses and their opportunities. Seriously, I used to think NS will be good for them and hope they will develop into a better person. However, with Singapore going the way it is, that thought vanished.

I will vote on 7 May. Hopefully, I can see a change in the near future. If not, should I uproot my family and move somewhere else?

Valid points; I'll have migrated long ago if its not for my aging parents. A lot of my friends have done that [laugh]

Hypersonic

Hahaha..... But when you wake up every morning and look at the mirror, wouldn't you see an FT there too?

How many countries in the world has 1/3 of their population who are foreigners?

Hypersonic

How come different? I mean what I see in USA, I see a lot of foreign workers, When I go UK I see a lot of ppl who are obviously from India(especially so when I see so many working at the airport). I think you speak with a certain agenda(political) here. If you want to speak your mind just do so, dun twist the facts here & there. I for one is not convinced with what you said.

I don't have any agenda. All I am concerned about is the living spaces. As I mentioned in a previous post, other countries do not have 1/3 of their population who are foreigners.

It is no longer a myth that the moment you step out onto the street, you are flanked by foreigners.

I say sinkies should stay and fight! What for run? You can run now and hide, live you may for sometime, or would you want to trade all that for just once in your lifetime to make a difference every 6 years. And since once in 6years chance is just around the corner, you should VOTE WISELY!!!

1) True and worthy contributing factor.wat are the contributing factors (look at TS's)

2) Not true. As property price goes up, your salary goes up too. Ask your parents how much are they earning when they first bought their property. I agree that its not a proportional growth but its the same everywhere in the world unfortunately. Wat is the percentage of our parents pays goes to the servicing of the home loan and is there any dofferrent on the duartion of their loans to ours (No idea but all I know is my dad wasnt driving a car and have most of his spare cash into extra repayment and paid off everything within 6years (from memory).)

3) Not a reason for migration, you have your family there and its very different living in another country.

4) They will live as you do and adapt. We have to adapt to them and not vise-versa (I'm saying your children will adapt to the environment)

5) I dont know how this work but every university will need foreigners because the tuition fees paid by local is peanuts. These foreigners are being sponsored by the government using our money to feed and nurture them. name me one country that does that. (Not that I know of but having said that, I didnt know the gov's paying for FT. But hey, its better than spending on refugees right?)

6) Doesnt make sense. Serving NS is part of being a Singapore citizen. Whats the jobless rate in Singapore? then why are these foreigners allowed to milk the country and leave as soon they have a small fortune. most of them do not even want to be citizen and ns is becoming a mitigating factor for this choice. (True, policy should be made so that tax for these people will be at a higher rate and withdrawal from CPF (if any) shall be taxed at a higher rate too). I'm sure Singapore has enough talent to not require any. The only position you'd find having a problem filling are the likes of construction workers or manual labourers.)

Turbocharged

To be honest, Singapore's HDB system ensure everyone (within the income threshold) can afford their OWN house instead of renting. The extremely low interest rate is the reason to housing affordability in Singapore. Rather than comparing "apples with apples" (landed and landed) why not compare the norms?

I can give you a very good example. What does an average Singaporean household live in? How much is that property? Do you know whats the average property price in Australia (thats where I'm living now so I cant say for other countries)? My understanding is average household in Singapore lives in 3-4bedroom HDB which can be anywhere between 250-400k depending on varies factors. This figure is slightly lower than what an average Australian household pay for their house. Regardless of apartment, townhouse, landed house in a suburb in Brisbane, the property price can be between 300-550k (for a 3-4bedroom). Now thats not a big difference you would say but now look at the interest rate, I'm currently paying 7.1%, how much are Singaporeans paying? Do you know 3years ago the interest rate was around 9-10%? And more than 15 years ago it was over 13%? Thats mortgage.

Remember, it's 99 years for Singapore and I wouldn't consider that as an investment.

I don't have any agenda. All I am concerned about is the living spaces. As I mentioned in a previous post, other countries do not have 1/3 of their population who are foreigners.

It is no longer a myth that the moment you step out onto the street, you are flanked by foreigners.

Hi Vid,

Let me give my views. I know this country we love (or at least used to) & feel at home, have change so much in the last decades. FTs are everywhere. Everywhere crowded, & cost of living going up the ceiling at and alarming pace. But to forget lack of human rights & state control media, & things I cannot say here, & a government that doesn't seems to put citizen behinf economic growth & their ever increase salaries.

I like all Male citizen, serve NS (when it was 2.5 years & 6 days week), do my ICT (only missed one, the year I was in U.K), & go for siong outfield & oversea trainings. Damn, I was even a regular member at Katib Fitness club, before joining the Bedok branch this year.

I remembered when just before I join NS, I was trying into some MLM thingy for a while. After I join the army, the manager called me, & I told him straight , I wanted to be a good soldier, find someone else.

But now, at times, I asked myself, who are we fighting for. While FTs are courting our girls & earning bucks & gaining promotions, I was digging trenches, & doing guard duties. Many times, I have to pass up opportunites for overseas trainings & such due to ICT commiteement.

But desprite all these, its not stong reason to migrate. But some questions are valid.

1) Do you think the situation will improve? What do you forsee your next generations. Your children, & their children. Do you think they are better here or somewhere else.

2) Do the place you wanted to go give you better job security, better for your children to grow up.

All is not always good in other places. Every nation have their problem. So of the things you may considered are as follow.

1) Do you mind being the minority, do you mind if you could be discrimated?

2) Will you be treated as well as the others in the countries?

3) Will you miss Singapores food?

4) Will you missed your relatives & parents?

No matter what, yoiu should at least have some idea of the place you are going to before making any board move. There are places good for holiday, but not live, & some the opposite.

Anyway, I am also planning for leave Singapore, if things goes well, very soon. I I do so not so much due to the policatical situation of the influx of FT, but these certainly make it more reasons to do so.

I lived oversea before, so I know how the place is like. Anyway these are my reasons.

1) Less hectic lifestyle. People understand you have life out of work & respect your social life more.

2) The job I seek is not found in Sinagpore. This is one reason enough

3) I prefer a more quiet place to live & work. I never enjoy big city lifestyle since young. And having the change to live in a nice town in central England, just confirm my point that I am a small town boy.

4) I prefer a more seasonal climate. After schooling & start working, years (like age) become just like numbers. You just doesn't feel year pasting by...

5) I have more job security in what I seek than the profession I am in in Singapore. I wonder if I can get a job if my company closed down, esepecally to have to compete with so many FTs

6) I wanted less stressful enviroment for my kids.

7) Call me lame, the only way in the near future I think I can have a house (land property) is aboard.

8) As a car fan, Singapore is just one of the worst place for car lovers. I missed the nice country roads & motorways back in U.K, ever changing due to the seasons. Not to mention so many tracks to choose from.

Not neccessey means I will be eventually going, but decision time is very soon, in the next couple of months, or even weeks.

No matter what, Singapore will still be my motherland, & I will still come back often & follow the events.

In the end, its a big decision, many people couldn't even have the means to think of this possibility. Do so because you find a place you think more suitable for you, where you will be accepted, & you and yiur family will be happy. Do not do so because of the policial issues & your anger at the governments or FTs.

(edited)

so ur dad manage to pay off the loan in 6 yrs. good for him, so did my father with his 800 sgd salary. But can u say so for ur own flat or can ur children pay for their future flat at all if the issue of sky rocketing public housing is not checked! how long will the loan be (for our children) bcos i know some citizens who are now straddled with loan of up to 30 yrs for a 4 room flat that has a lease of 99 yrs and again i state this its not buying a flat but only lease out by the HDB to us the citizens.

a colleague from india just 'retired' and returned to india after selling his 4 room flat at a 200k profit and returned his pr status to the government and cashed out his cpf and got back nearly 100% that was in his account (did not ask the full amount as it is very personal). His family is enjoying the fruits of his labor and his son will be going to a University in USA after completing his A levels here- yes! he did not want his son to serve ns!

There is another posting on the issue of foreigner getting scholarship to study in our university and its not only scholarship but the whole package ie accomodation, meals and allowance! i suggest u go and read it. And no there are no refugee here in SG, that was way back in the 70s.

Thats why we have been saying that there is something wrong with the policies implemented and the only way is by having a substantial amount of opposition in the parliament.

here is the thread on the above topic http://www.mycarforum.com/index.php?showtopic=2663008

Edited by Eviilusion

I have no wish to drive them out. All I want is a change of policy that is pro-Singaporeans and not pro-foreigners.

Many thanks. I do not hate them. Just do not want to be discriminated

↡ Advertisement