Is SPC fuel quality#%&@?

Quantum

why not? lost maybe for tt moment right? it is very normal to have maintenance or down time. ntg to be un-normal abt lo......surely not a cock up?

give 2 half balls la.....hmm...come to think of it..nvr see before a chio bu pump attendant ...sadddd

SPC Jervois Road.

Spotted one, not the car wash hotbabe type but it's a different view from uncles.

↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged

I do feel Shell has more power than SPC but it may be just my feeling as I don't have anything to prove or done any measurement. I pump mostly SPC due to POSB discount but Shell is actually more convenient as they have more stations around. BTW I pump 95.

This is a good thread that provides good feedback by users. Thank you for sharing.

• Praise 1

I observe my car is getting much less mileage from a full tank of SPC LEVO 95.

I also did a test on my LC cub motorcycle with 4 litres of fuel tank.

A full tank only last me only 130km using the new formula LEVO 95 compare to last time 170km SPC 95.

If I pump full tank in JB using Shell 95, it can last me almost 200km.

That is for normal daily riding without ramming high speed or up/down steep slope.

Turbocharged
(edited)

The mileage from SPC is appalling.

I get better mileage from Sinopec, Shell, Esso and Caltex. 

Edited by Vinceng
  • Praise 1

Twincharged

I observe my car is getting much less mileage from a full tank of SPC LEVO 95.

I also did a test on my LC cub motorcycle with 4 litres of fuel tank.

A full tank only last me only 130km using the new formula LEVO 95 compare to last time 170km SPC 95.

If I pump full tank in JB using Shell 95, it can last me almost 200km.

That is for normal daily riding without ramming high speed or up/down steep slope.

70Km difference.?Are you sure.??? [lipsrsealed]

• Praise 2

(edited)

70Km difference.?Are you sure.??? [lipsrsealed]

I also disbelieve this result and went back to my usual mechanic and ask if he mess up my motorcycle carburetor fuel air mixture after he change my oil and air filter, my usual 4T and spark plug. Got a  :that-dood-is-up-to-something: look and he swear that is impossible and say probably I change my riding style (definitely not) or something wrong with the petrol I pump.

So I pump a full tank of the JB Shell 95 and the full fuel tank last me almost 200km. Later go and pump the SPC LEVO 95 full tank and it last me only 130-140km range.

Another observation is my motorcycle has to cold kickstart almost 10 times with choke on to ignite the engine using this new SPC LEVO 95, but it only take 1 cold kickstart without choke on for the JB Shell 95.

:a-no:  same happen to my car cause I tend to get much less mileage when I pump the same amount of petrol less the engine start problem encounter with my motorcycle.

Not sure what this SPC does to the petrol....too much useless chemical additive and not enough hydrocarbon to burn? Like that they should offer 50% discount for such a cock up petrol mixture.

Edited by Moregas
  • Praise 5

Hypersonic

I switching between SPC and Esso which ever has better promotion .

No different on FC lah.

SPC is my first choice because it is cheaper.

• Praise 1

I switching between SPC and Esso which ever has better promotion .

No different on FC lah.

SPC is my first choice because it is cheaper.

Same here bro.

I go malaysia use JB Vpower racing, then in SIngapore i follow credit card promo plus discount voucher. If SPC cheap use SPC 95, if Esso cheap use esso.

So far i can tell u, i feel no difference lah. Be it V-powder, Synergy or Levo.

So far Levo nvr give me turbo lah but since when petrol can make a bloody huge difference.

Every tom dick and Harry petrol claim to carry some kind of cleaning compound to make ur car engine cleaner and protects it.

• Praise 2

Hypersonic

1st post complain FC not good and the different is too huge to believe, maybe employee of competitor company.

• Praise 1

(edited)

When I use different brands of petrol I can always feel the difference. But to my wife, there is always no difference, even when I put in fuel additives. Actually this can be easily proven scientifically, just measure your mileage accurately.

Edited by andrewyewkc
  • Praise 1

1st post complain FC not good and the different is too huge to believe, maybe employee of competitor company.

If I am from competitor company I will say Singapore Shell, Esso or Caltex vs SPC right?

Just share my findings and see if anyone has the same issue.

Sometime you just didnt notice that you get short changed pumping same brand petrol for a long time till you feel something not right.

• Praise 1

Hypersonic

If I am from competitor company I will say Singapore Shell, Esso or Caltex vs SPC right?

Just share my findings and see if anyone has the same issue.

Sometime you just didnt notice that you get short changed pumping same brand petrol for a long time till you feel something not right.

I track my fuel every tank manually on Excel. And had detail record for more than 10yrs for all car I own.

As I mention I switch between Esso and SPC which ever gjve me better price or discount voucher.

I pump this 2 station they are nearer to my house or work place.

I pump both SPC and ESSO. I get better FC with ESSO but I will still go for SPC as it's much cheaper.

• Praise 1

i been receiving petrol vouchers so try diff kind of petrol. end up i also having issues with fuel economy from the diff petrol brands.

so if i complain = employee of competitor company?

plz la. we forumers small fry la. you think a bit of bad publicity from a local forum can hurt competitor profit? fortune 500 companies can lose mkt cap because of some post on mcf? bad publicity + fb mayb can destroy some influencer dessert shop in sg la but to think this thread can hurt petrol companies is a laugh. you see us too up liao [laugh]

• Praise 2

Twincharged

I ride a Honda PCX 150 Scooter,during work,the FC between Shell V-Power Nitro,it own FuelSaver 98 & Caltex Platinum 98,the difference only +/- 1.5Km/L,cannot be about 10Km/L...so i think...70 Km different for 4 Litres is nonsense. [furious]  [thumbsdown]

• Praise 1

I owned a Jupiter 135, first owner, 4L of SPC 98 will get me 200km when brand new.

I only use SPC 98 on the bike.

After 6 years, 45K KM of travelling, the FC did increased, 4L will only get me 170-180km.

But I never once service my carb, only yearly oil /spark plug change and one time air filter changed in 6 years.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged
(edited)

Used to pump shell. Then switch h to SPC cos the discount is upfront. All 98.

Tried for Suzuki Swift, Colt Turbo and Forester XT. No difference in FC for all three.

Can feel the difference between 98 and vpowerfor Swift but no difference for Colt and Forester.

Haven't tried on my Octavia RS though...

Edited by Pocus
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2