Is SPC fuel quality#%&@?

Quantum

Again, many thanks for the directions for usage mate! Few questions though:

1) Can I put it in anytime? Or must do it only when pumping petrol?

2) How to measure 50ml? Use the cap?

3) Where is "Ah Boy's" shop located? Opening hours are?

Sorry for all the questions and thanks again! [flowerface]

Ah Boy is at Kelantan Lane... many bikers there you cant miss it... [:)]

you can put in anytime... but of course best to put just before you pump for better mixture...

definately not the cap.. unless you want an oily bottle... i use a mesuring bottle with a long neck... or i know many who use a syringe for no mess..

↡ Advertisement

Last year went to buy my super four bike battery.

Gave me a grey polo shirt.

with this printed at the back big big....."Yes LAB is LIM AH BOY"

I feel so proud wearing this shirt to play golf with my kakis!!

his dad passed away sometime back i heard...

you can put in anytime... but of course best to put just before you pump for better mixture...

definately not the cap.. unless you want an oily bottle... i use a mesuring bottle with a long neck... or i know many who use a syringe for no mess..

Bro..

so this Putolene is poured into the PETROL tank right??

what's actually the main purpose?? to up the RON rating?? Injector Cleaner?? Power Booster??

sorry, but i'm just interested after reading about it in the previous pages.. [:)]

Bro..

so this Putolene is poured into the PETROL tank right??

what's actually the main purpose?? to up the RON rating?? Injector Cleaner?? Power Booster??

sorry, but i'm just interested after reading about it in the previous pages.. [:)]

actually there is no point of increased ron for a car not tuned for higher ron... [:)] and the amount of 2T 10ml-10liters of petrol will surely not affect its ron rating... but i guess at too high a dosage it will probably lower the ron... anyways i believe the 2t makes the fuel burn better... hence the smoothess...

some discussion on the pros and cons of adding 2T into cars... happy reading...

http://forums.noria.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f...4995/m/76010631

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qi...19175602AANhvIP

http://www.mycarforum.com/index.php?showtopic=2651478

actually many more topics if you google.... [:)]

Twincharged

his dad passed away sometime back i heard...

Yes,fell from height while taking tires in the store of Bendemeer Rd,no one knows until a few hours later.!

Hey thanks again for the info! Went to Ah Boy's shop yesterday and got the 2T! Was another product there that he was trying to sell to me as well, also by Putoline, but an actual octance booster this time. One of the cheapest I've come across too, 1L for $15!

1st impressions of using the 2T is smoother, better power at the high end, but slower response at low revs or when trying to accelerate. Engine seems to take slightly longer to warm up too.

Syringe sounds like an excellent idea! Will try mixing 50ml 2T into my next bottle of octane booster, and mixing the whole thing with my next tank of petrol. Wonder what the pump attendant will be thinking... [hur]

Hey thanks again for the info! Went to Ah Boy's shop yesterday and got the 2T! Was another product there that he was trying to sell to me as well, also by Putoline, but an actual octance booster this time. One of the cheapest I've come across too, 1L for $15!

1st impressions of using the 2T is smoother, better power at the high end, but slower response at low revs or when trying to accelerate. Engine seems to take slightly longer to warm up too.

Syringe sounds like an excellent idea! Will try mixing 50ml 2T into my next bottle of octane booster, and mixing the whole thing with my next tank of petrol. Wonder what the pump attendant will be thinking... [hur]

i use cough syrup bottle where it got measurement on the bottle. got it when i went to see the doctor for cough.

then use it to pour 2T inside and seal it in small ziploc bag to prevent accident spillage

i use cough syrup bottle where it got measurement on the bottle. got it when i went to see the doctor for cough.

then use it to pour 2T inside and seal it in small ziploc bag to prevent accident spillage

Hmmm...idea! But won't it be difficult to get the 2 (big bottle) into the cough syrup bottle (tiny mouth!)? Think syringe better bah. <_<

i pump SPC 92. no problems or millage problem till date...

dont even know what you drive?...

and whats a 'mileage problem'?

and seriously how a cars performs is subject to the individual's knowledge on cars

adding additives to the petrol is normal lah... everytime a pump attendant walks to my car i will simply guesture 'no thanks' and he will walk off.. some will ignore me...

enjoy your smoother ride...

by the way the putoline octane booster is errrr.. kinda useless... unless you drive a tuned-up car and petrol ron rating is near needed or below?... dont mind bro whats your ride?... stock or tuned?

Hmmm...idea! But won't it be difficult to get the 2 (big bottle) into the cough syrup bottle (tiny mouth!)? Think syringe better bah. <_<

oh for the 2T to be pour into cough syrup bottle

i use this

http://www.organize-it-online.com/itm_must_ktchp.html

i pour the 2T into that that from that into cough syrup bottle and then keep inside my car

so when i fill up my car i pour the 2T

once finish, go home and top up again and kep inside the car the cough syrup bottle

(edited)

actually there is no point of increased ron for a car not tuned for higher ron... [:)] and the amount of 2T 10ml-10liters of petrol will surely not affect its ron rating... but i guess at too high a dosage it will probably lower the ron... anyways i believe the 2t makes the fuel burn better... hence the smoothess...

some discussion on the pros and cons of adding 2T into cars... happy reading...

http://forums.noria.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f...4995/m/76010631

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qi...19175602AANhvIP

http://www.mycarforum.com/index.php?showtopic=2651478

actually many more topics if you google.... [:)]

I too believe 2T makes engine smoother.

Caues it provides upper cylinder lubrication and also lubricate and cleans the intake valves and valve seats and piston top as well. Keeps the combustion clean. After thats the purpose of 2T oil for bikes. It has to provide both detergent and lubrication purpose.

However, I don't think it will improve combustion. Too much will actually make combustion worse. This is because 2T oil is rather thick and heavy oil compared to petrol. Longer chains of hydrocarbon is harder to combust cleanly compared to shorter chains. Hence 2T will not improve combustion.

Edited by Mona-vie

adding additives to the petrol is normal lah... everytime a pump attendant walks to my car i will simply guesture 'no thanks' and he will walk off.. some will ignore me...

enjoy your smoother ride...

by the way the putoline octane booster is errrr.. kinda useless... unless you drive a tuned-up car and petrol ron rating is near needed or below?... dont mind bro whats your ride?... stock or tuned?

I might be wrong, but I think his other name is Takumi [lipsrsealed]

Neutral Newbie

I got a close relative who works with AA for years... He has overhauled many engines and types an he once ever told me that all petrol come from the same source but what differ is the processes n filtration it went tru esp in the refining stage based on individual company's technology.

He said shell has the best with the least particles n dirt left in ur engine makIng it last longer and no 2 is esso n third is caltex. He never recommend spc as based on his experience the particles in ur engine is horrible making ur engine' s life shorter .. That is for me answer y shell or any other petrol company can never go down as low as SPC. in terms of performance, I feel shell has the smoothest.. They spend billion of dollars on their refining processes.

U reap what u sow. Just my view.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1