GE Voting Letter not received.

Versatile

Dear MCF-ers,

Please allow me to share and rant about how why we should not vote for the PAP.

As resident of Sembawang and a 1st time vote but electoral to vote for Nee Soon GRC, my family and i did not receive the voting letter as on 4th May 2011. When my mum called and asked, we were told by the "RC" that they have misplaced our voting letters and eventually DID NOT managed to send to our mailbox.

We were also told to SELF COLLECT our voting letter from Canberra RC instead of them sending it to us knowing the fact that it is their OWN negligence. If the government says that voting is compulsory, why isn't any actions been taken by ensuring citizen's did received the voting letter?

If voting letter is not received by citizens, does that means that the electoral area, "Nee Soon GRC" will be lacking of 1 vote if that vote is meant for the opposition? Do note that i have 5 family members including me which is equal to 5 votes. Why isn't the Government ensuring all citizen that has been registered to vote did received the letter? Every votes counts and i wouldn't want to see invaild votes just because of Government carelessness and negligence.

No apologises were made by the RC neither the relevant departments. I'm disappointed by how the PAP/Government work for this Election. And my mind is clear, i know where my vote will goes to for GE2011.

↡ Advertisement

http://www.asiaone.com/specials/ge2006/new..._story11_1.html

Article is meant for 2006 Election.

Q5. What should I do if I still have not received my Poll Card? What do I do if I lost my Poll Card?

A5. If you have misplaced your Poll Card or did not receive it in the first place, you may check your Polling Station details by visiting the Elections Department

I think everyone is eager to vote this time.

No voting card also very angry, as that 5 votes can swing the outcome!?

your this post is really stupid... coming from someone who usually has 'some' valid arguments now and then...

knn 1vote can make a difference whats more 5votes.. EVERY VALID VOTE COUNTS...

call them back tell them that due to work and time constrains... your family is unable to SELF COLLECT the watever... or ask them if you can claim taxi or smthing.... [laugh]

(edited)

Hi Simon, i'm not angry. But as a 1st time voter, i'm very concern and at the same time excited at the outcome for the next 5 years of OUR future. You might have past your golden year but as a Gen-Y voter, it does concern and matters to me.

And yes, 5 votes might not be a HUGE different of the outcome BUT every VOTE counts.

Edited by Versatile

Happened to me too.

Seems like they know vote cards are misplaced in the first place as they are nor surprise.

Was informed to go to the polling station with IC to vote.

call them back tell them that due to work and time constrains... your family is unable to SELF COLLECT the watever... or ask them if you can claim taxi or smthing.... [laugh]

My brother collected on our behalf already. But i still beh song because my brother doesnt want me to go down RC and knock on their table or even WORST, SLAP them on their face. [laugh]

(edited)

I am not surprised that is the reason the letters were misplaced. I encounter the reverse issue: there is a phantom name behind mine on the same POLL CARD (foreign talent?). How a stranger name can appear with my address on this same poll card?

Edited by Good-Carbuyer

Turbocharged

TS,

call your OPPOSITE PARTY and tell them you didnt receive the letter and u want to vote for them.

They sure very happy and ask you when you free and send you down to collect the letter.

What came to my mind is, they purposely delay or misplaced the polling card as they KNOW they the citizen is going against them this GE season.

3rd Gear
(edited)

IC can liao...

Poll card u can keep for memento.... i still got mine from 5 years ago

Edited by Ngck

I am sorry for my stupid posting, Yes, every vote counts.

your this post is really stupid... coming from someone who usually has 'some' valid arguments now and then...

knn 1vote can make a difference whats more 5votes.. EVERY VALID VOTE COUNTS...

(edited)

What came to my mind is, they purposely delay or misplaced the polling card as they KNOW they the citizen is going against them this GE season.

now this is entirely stupid........ if you first time voter... how the F they know.... [hur]

by the way that time i saw SQ and Cathay got promotion.... till May....keep a lookout for more promos [:)]

Edited by Galantspeedz

now this is entirely stupid........ if you first time voter... how the F they know.... [hur]

by the way that time i saw SQ and Cathay got promotion.... till May....keep a lookout for more promos [:)]

They should know leh. Because it's not only ME that did not get the polling card, it's my whole family!

I am sorry for my stupid posting, Yes, every vote counts.

your reply very unlike you... :huh: anyways nothing to apologise....

btw most of my friends are voting PAP... so whenever i free i will bug them about why they should vote opposition... i dont hate the PAP... i thank them for making what Singapore is today... but true democracy cannot be with one ruling party incharge...

↡ Advertisement