6 May 2011 - COOLING OFF DAY is here!

Parkingidiot

Yes finally!

Just want to take the opportunity to thank fellow mcfers for a great discussion, regardless of political affiliation. It was a wonderful learning experience for me personally. [thumbsup]

Tomoro, the nation shall decide. Whatever the outcome, it is the voice of the people based on their needs, expectations and aspirations, and some say anger too. [laugh]

So, using the most neutral phrase heard during the hustings, everyone please vote wisely. [:)]

To those whom i have engaged in discussions directly, in the heat of argument, no offence was intended and none taken.

MAJULLAH SINGAPURA! [inlove]

In the rally jus now, the ppl were shouting dun read newspaper or watch TV cos top bias.

The someone shouted Temasak Review ok! Haha

Neutral Newbie

MIW agenda of cooling day won't succeed on me. The day when i saw LHL saying sorry, the more i m convinced stronger opposition presence is needed in parliament.

i can forgive but i cannot 4get. Their tactic of using the hard way has failed 2 work on me. Their change of stance into a more humbling tone (putting on a show?) has also failed 2 work on me.

My vote really got power. I have only voted once before when i was 21 (FYI, i voted for opposition tat time).

This is the 2nd time i vote. Feels like i got "presidential" powers my friend when LHL says sorry.

With my "presidential" power, based on what MIW has done over the years (their so called track record...i wonder why they dun feel shameful saying tat), i refuse to bulge from my stand n i will send MIW to the execution ground using my presidential powers. NO PARDON for MIW.

Vote OPPOSITION!

MIW agenda of cooling day won't succeed on me. The day when i saw LHL saying sorry, the more i m convinced stronger opposition presence is needed in parliament.

i can forgive but i cannot 4get. Their tactic of using the hard way has failed 2 work on me. Their change of stance into a more humbling tone (putting on a show?) has also failed 2 work on me.

My vote really got power. I have only voted once before when i was 21 (FYI, i voted for opposition tat time).

This is the 2nd time i vote. Feels like i got "presidential" powers my friend when LHL says sorry.

With my "presidential" power, based on what MIW has done over the years (their so called track record...i wonder why they dun feel shameful saying tat), i refuse to bulge from my stand n i will send MIW to the execution ground using my presidential powers. NO PARDON for MIW.

Vote OPPOSITION!

I lagi powerful...my whole family plus sister and brother all agreed with me now...vote for change!!!

1st Gear

I lagi powerful...my whole family plus sister and brother all agreed with me now...vote for change!!!

Yes, the next best thing we can do now on cooling day is to rally family and friends in this fight for change!

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

I think cooling day works to the advantage of the opposition.

I wasn't at any of the rallies, and if there isn't any cooling day, I will probably vote for PAP the next day early in the morining.

Now with cooling off day, I am able to watch the rallies on youtube on cooling day.

And my vote may switch.

Edited by Balacam

This election has gave me back the 'home' feeling.

For many years, I have been surrounded by FTs at work. Overwhelming majority of my cols are FTs.

Some are nice, some drives me crazy due to their incompetence & arrogance.

I felt like I'm in a foreign land on Mon-Fri (sometimes sat AND sun) from 8am to 8pm.

The only time I got abit of 'home' feel is when I'm really back HOME or meeting up with friends after work.

I'd forgotten what it felt to be a Singaporean.

BUT, the rallies that I attended gave me back what I'd lost.

That is the Singapore Spirit! For a short few hours, I'm surrounded not by FTs, but by fellow singaporeans. People who grew up here. People who shared the same culture as me. People who understands my slangs. My fellow indians, malays, chinese, eurasians comrades. The sight of all of us standing together, with a common goal and understanding really gave me a strong sense of HOME. For where else in this world can we find people of mixed races and culture standing together united like us? I dare say, only in SINGAPORE! [thumbsup]

This is my home, and this is the land I will be forever. A place where I will die defending.

I would like to convey my most sincere appreciation to all the opposition parties who gave me back in this short 9 days, what I had lost for the past few years [thumbsup] [thumbsup] [thumbsup]

Turbocharged

This election has gave me back the 'home' feeling.

For many years, I have been surrounded by FTs at work. Overwhelming majority of my cols are FTs.

Some are nice, some drives me crazy due to their incompetence & arrogance.

I felt like I'm in a foreign land on Mon-Fri (sometimes sat AND sun) from 8am to 8pm.

The only time I got abit of 'home' feel is when I'm really back HOME or meeting up with friends after work.

I'd forgotten what it felt to be a Singaporean.

BUT, the rallies that I attended gave me back what I'd lost.

That is the Singapore Spirit! For a short few hours, I'm surrounded not by FTs, but by fellow singaporeans. People who grew up here. People who shared the same culture as me. People who understands my slangs. My fellow indians, malays, chinese, eurasians comrades. The sight of all of us standing together, with a common goal and understanding really gave me a strong sense of HOME. For where else in this world can we find people of mixed races and culture standing together united like us? I dare say, only in SINGAPORE! [thumbsup]

This is my home, and this is the land I will be forever. A place where I will die defending.

I would like to convey my most sincere appreciation to all the opposition parties who gave me back in this short 9 days, what I had lost for the past few years [thumbsup] [thumbsup] [thumbsup]

U underestimate the power of the dark side..the PAPPIES have got lots of supporters..