Singaporeans: If we don't help yourselves, no one will

Kiadaw

(edited)

I never feel the need or urge to start a political topic until now. I didn't even went to see any rally or bother to watch any on TV or internet for that matters before this year.

On the 7th of May, most of us have to make a very important decision. No, I am not talking about to bet on Chelsea or Man United.

I have only a few words to say, & I will start it off with this statement

"If we don't help yourselves, no one will"

There was a time when MM Lee was respectable, where PAP ministers worked hard for the people of Singapore. There was a time, when I feel proud to don the green Uniform, & I feel at home every time I return from oversea. But that time has since pass.

We have now a Government that are obsess with GDP growth & their own wealth. They paid themselves huge salaries & bonus, when Singaporeans are fighting inflations & housing loan.

They would rather spend the nation money, from us!, & give free passes to other country people, for them to study here fully paid, with allowance, then go on to challenge us for our jobs & housings. But stingy on aids to the poor, & healthcare subsidies & benefit.

They told us Pension system will make us broke, but feel its ok for them to have pension.

When you go downtown, you wonder if you are in Manila, or Orchard. When you order food, you can't, cause the person at the counter can't understand what you are saying. When I called for technical support on the phone, I can't understand what she said.

For the longest time, PAP keep saying opposition have no quality, but not this time. While I admit not all are good, but surely new candidates like Pritam, Nicole, Mao are better than most of the candidates, if not all, from the PAP.

We are at the cross-road.

This could be a new beginning of a hard road towards a better future, if we put our trust in the creditable opposition like the ALjunied team from WP, with more checks to our arrogant & "deaf" Ministers, so as to implement more policies with humanity & good for the people.

Or it could mark complete whiteout, with no one to check on the ruling party, a party, that has lost touch with her citizens.

But whatever the outcome, know this fellow Singaporeans, that it happen because of us! Our vote on the 7th.

Singapore is home to us all, fight for her, fight for the right to be heard, fight for her children, your children!

Edited by Kiadaw
↡ Advertisement

All the Best speeches and attacks already show hand during the last 7 days!!

If Singaporeans really up the mind and the results tomorrow will set the tone for the next twenty years.

If opps failed....I think the next erection there will be less opps....as Singaporeans has shown their preferences.

If opps win...then they have five years to prove their worth.

Let's see.

Neutral Newbie

Not only that, if after a few 'IF sorrys' and some tears, they get winlandslide victory, they will be back again as arrogant and as deaf as ever!

TO CHANGE IS NOW!

DO THE RIGHT THING, SINGAPORE!

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

Singaporeans are being taken for granted. The rise in property prices, COE, overcrowded public transport, cost of living, etc. is due in part to the rapid and overwhelming influx of foreigners. The number of foreigners working and living here must be significantly reduced. I recently went to a pizza restaurant in J8 and felt like I was in Manila. Every person working there was a Pinoy........ If this situation carries on, we may well be aliens in our own country. :angry:

God help us.

Edited by Dipstick

Neutral Newbie
只要有勇气,就会有希望!- 陈硕茂 When there's courage, there's hope! Chen Show Mao

Neutral Newbie

All the Best speeches and attacks already show hand during the last 7 days!!

If Singaporeans really up the mind and the results tomorrow will set the tone for the next twenty years.

If opps failed....I think the next erection there will be less opps....as Singaporeans has shown their preferences.

If opps win...then they have five years to prove their worth.

Let's see.

If the opps do not make any headway and the ruling party makes a clean sweep, I would come to the conclusion that Singaporeans are a masochistic lot and I would suggest that the opps refrain from contesting any future elections.

Let me quote from Nicole seah speech...

" We should not vent out anger at the foreigners....

It is not their fault that our wages are suppressed and we have to fight with them for jobs....

It is not their fault that out property prices has sky rocketed beyond the reach of our young singaporeans...

It is not their fault that our public transport are packed like sardines.....

THIS IS THE FAULT OF THE PAP!!!!!"

VOTE FOR CHANGE!!!

Neutral Newbie

Ya ya ya, I also strongly agree. All these opposition suddenly appeared together and talk with lots of sense, nothing like this before. if it won't happen now, it will never happen again... may the Force be with them tomorrow [bounce1]

(edited)

I never feel the need or urge to start a political topic until now. I didn't even went to see any rally or bother to watch any on TV or internet for that matters before this year.

On the 7th of May, most of us have to make a very important decision. No, I am not talking about to bet on Chelsea or Man United.

I have only a few words to say, & I will start it off with this statement

"If we don't help yourselves, no one will"

There was a time when MM Lee was respectable, where PAP ministers worked hard for the people of Singapore. There was a time, when I feel proud to don the green Uniform, & I feel at home every time I return from oversea. But that time has since pass.

We have now a Government that are obsess with GDP growth & their own wealth. They paid themselves huge salaries & bonus, when Singaporeans are fighting inflations & housing loan.

They would rather spend the nation money, from us!, & give free passes to other country people, for them to study here fully paid, with allowance, then go on to challenge us for our jobs & housings. But stingy on aids to the poor, & healthcare subsidies & benefit.

They told us Pension system will make us broke, but feel its ok for them to have pension.

When you go downtown, you wonder if you are in Manila, or Orchard. When you order food, you can't, cause the person at the counter can't understand what you are saying. When I called for technical support on the phone, I can't understand what she said.

For the longest time, PAP keep saying opposition have no quality, but not this time. While I admit not all are good, but surely new candidates like Pritam, Nicole, Mao are better than most of the candidates, if not all, from the PAP.

We are at the cross-road.

This could be a new beginning of a hard road towards a better future, if we put our trust in the creditable opposition like the ALjunied team from WP, with more checks to our arrogant & "deaf" Ministers, so as to implement more policies with humanity & good for the people.

Or it could mark complete whiteout, with no one to check on the ruling party, a party, that has lost touch with her citizens.

But whatever the outcome, know this fellow Singaporeans, that it happen because of us! Our vote on the 7th.

Singapore is home to us all, fight for her, fight for the right to be heard, fight for her children, your children!

Bros dont worry you have my support !

Hope result on 8 may is P8P win AMK , TGP

Ops win 85 seats ...... hoo ray ! I will decare one day holiday of my whole family !

We would like to see P8P become oposition party

Edited by Jasonjst

Neutral Newbie

Ya ya ya, I also strongly agree. All these opposition suddenly appeared together and talk with lots of sense, nothing like this before. if it won't happen now, it will never happen again... may the Force be with them tomorrow [bounce1]

May the Force be with us all!

Neutral Newbie

Bros dont worry you have my support !

Hope result on 8 may is P8P win AMK , TGP

Ops win 85 seats ...... hoo ray ! I will decare one day holiday of my whole family !

We would like to see P8P become oposition party

This is not possible - Oppos wins 85 seats. Not even 30. Please don't be ridiculous.

只要有勇气,就会有希望!- 陈硕茂 When there's courage, there's hope! Chen Show Mao

" the more you scare to die, the faster you die!" - Assaxefour. We must have more opposition!

Have faith bro/sis! Change is in the air..

Unlike the last election, this time many of my colleagues, friends, relatives are swinging from white to coloured!!! Most of them are pissed off with ministerial salary, FTs, cost of living, WKS etc.. Let's be thankful that pappies is complacent enough over the last 5 years and OPs have also gotten much smarter this time. With so much anger in Singaporeans, this is an watershed election of courage more than fear! [rifle][rifle][rifle]

↡ Advertisement