Toast Box in Vivocity. Today is an important day

Donut

Supercharged

i was at Toast Box in Viviocity, having coffee break, and I was ordering my items. Suddenly I noticed that all the staff serving are all Filipinos; from the cashier to the people making the food items (nasi lemak, laksa, etc) to the guys clearing the tables. All foreigners.

My question is WHY? Are all our locals aleady being employed? No one to be employed? How about the marine parade resident?

Is our garment blind to this? Do we need to do something today to make a change?

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

don't sapport them lor, go to local hawker 4 kopi or don drink lah.

they employ cheap labour + charge high prices = more profit for big boss to drive lambo lor.

4th Gear

i was at Toast Box in Viviocity, having coffee break, and I was ordering my items. Suddenly I noticed that all the staff serving are all Filipinos; from the cashier to the people making the food items (nasi lemak, laksa, etc) to the guys clearing the tables. All foreigners.

My question is WHY? Are all our locals aleady being employed? No one to be employed? How about the marine parade resident?

Is our garment blind to this? Do we need to do something today to make a change?

This is not new. Once my friend and I went to a food court and found that all those manning the stores came from China. [lipsrsealed]

As Nicole Seah said, we shouldn't blame these foreigners but the blame should lies with those who open the flood gates without any limits.

[furious]

So vote wisely!!!

Supercharged

don't sapport them lor, go to local hawker 4 kopi or don drink lah.

they employ cheap labour + charge high prices = more profit for big boss to drive lambo lor.

SAY NO TO BIG CORPORATES....

Like KFC, (Phinos), TOAST BOX (Phinos), KOPITIAM (PRC),

(edited)

SAY NO TO BIG CORPORATES....

Like KFC, (Phinos), TOAST BOX (Phinos), KOPITIAM (PRC),

If you want to name all, at least 1/2 of Singapore companies will be included.

Edited by Kiadaw

Neutral Newbie

Hankook Kaki Bukit also.

ahaha i was there & found them very good attitude & hardworking

Supercharged

Lets name them:: Add to the list here... (how did they flaunt these rules)..(anyone in F&B to clarify how many FW, can they hire and how many FT they can hire)

1. Toast Box (phino)

2. Kopi-Tiam (prc)

3. KFC (phino)

4. Comfort or some other taxis (PRC)

5. SBS/ Buses (PRC)

Neutral Newbie

If you want to name all, at least 1/2 of Singapore companies will be included.

i think we just find a hole, hide inside and die slowly. [laugh]

Neutral Newbie

Lets name them:: Add to the list here... (how did they flaunt these rules)..(anyone in F&B to clarify how many FW, can they hire and how many FT they can hire)

1. Toast Box (phino)

2. Kopi-Tiam (prc)

3. KFC (phino)

5. SBS/ Buses (PRC)

u should add IT oursource company as one of the most blantant. Some are even ang moh and not the usual Ah Neh. And to think that this are talent that go to the internet chat room to ask and pose question when they encounter problem with the programs. We have alot of waking up to do to improve the quality of work.

In a nut shell, have the Talent actually impart crtical know how to improve the local and enrich our life? I know they don't owe anyone a living, but when you deal with them, "talent" is really quite insulting to even to begin with realting to the word.

What is the take on the country when there is a crisis ?

4th Gear

We should not blame these companies as they all wanted to maximise their profits with lower cost. Since the government policies allows that, they'll definitely want to take advantage of that.

So we should blame those who put in the policies without considering its effect on its citizens but only GDP numbers.

So please vote wisely!!!

1. Toast Box (phino)

2. Kopi-Tiam (prc)

3. KFC (phino)

5. SBS/ Buses (PRC)

1. You need to find same number of sporean that can replace these people.

2. You need to find same number of sporean that commit for 2-3 years without quitting in 2 weeks time.

3. You need to find same number of sporean that won't jump ship for $100 every 2 weeks.

4. You need to find same number of sporean that do not take MC or leave because they party last night or walk out in the middle ofmthe shift cos she/he had a fight with b/f g/f on the phone.

Speaking from F&B industry experience.

Neutral Newbie

1. You need to find same number of sporean that can replace these people.

2. You need to find same number of sporean that commit for 2-3 years without quitting in 2 weeks time.

3. You need to find same number of sporean that won't jump ship for $100 every 2 weeks.

4. You need to find same number of sporean that do not take MC or leave because they party last night or walk out in the middle ofmthe shift cos she/he had a fight with b/f g/f on the phone.

Speaking from F&B industry experience.

you're right.... less of a political issue rather than whether we locals are able to do what they do in such large numbers with the conditions stated above....

Supersonic

1. Toast Box (phino)

2. Kopi-Tiam (prc)

3. KFC (phino)

5. SBS/ Buses (PRC)

6. NTUC cashier counter(PRC)

7. Shell service centre (PRC, pinoy cashier)

but i cannot take my eyes off those chio bu pinoy nurses in hospitals. big wide eyes, long eye lashes, si bei chio! and when they call u, very Daey one"Sirrrr.....would u like..... [laugh] "

when i posted my resume online for job hunting.... most of the recuitment agencies that called back sounded like pinoys.

Why i said so because of their distinctive accent.

Is sad!!!

Hypersonic
(edited)

Eh... maybe all locals went voting? Vote for OPP mah.

Edited by Vid
↡ Advertisement