Use "Alternative Party" instead of "Opposition Party"

Kelpie

Hi all,

May I urged all to refrain using the term "Opposition Party". We should all start using the term, "Alternative Party".

The term Opposition Party is outdated given the current political climate and it doesn't reflect correctly on them.

Thank you very much to all [:)] .

Regards,

↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged

In my postings I have used both opposition and alternative parties before. So no problem for me. But when I post I dont think the problem is using the word alternative or opposition, it is that mindset from some people. Mindset cannot be change overnight just by starting to use alternative party. I used and I mentioned about this before but still people continue to use opposition party. Just like the mindset that by voting against PAP they will be punished or their career will be affected. This is my 4th time voting and all for different parties, 1st being SDP, then PAP, WP and now SDA. So by using the word opposition means I think they are a party known for opposing? Or if I use the word alternative means the party is known for alternative views? To me I dont really vote or think in that way.

Good thoughts. But what's that in Mandarin?

Don't know how to type chinese in Mac yet..think in Taiwan, they call them Zhai Yen Dan right? Ruling Party is Zi Zhen Dan. Sorry, my chinese not so good.

Regards,

In my postings I have used both opposition and alternative parties before. So no problem for me. But when I post I dont think the problem is using the word alternative or opposition, it is that mindset from some people. Mindset cannot be change overnight just by starting to use alternative party. I used and I mentioned about this before but still people continue to use opposition party. Just like the mindset that by voting against PAP they will be punished or their career will be affected. This is my 4th time voting and all for different parties, 1st being SDP, then PAP, WP and now SDA. So by using the word opposition means I think they are a party known for opposing? Or if I use the word alternative means the party is known for alternative views? To me I dont really vote or think in that way.

Should 1st get WP to educate the cabinet that they are alternative party not opposition party.

IMHO, it is that "So no problem for me" causing the problem. The local media should use AP altogether. If you use term Opposition party in Taiwan, you probably will be sued and fined.

Regards,

Turbocharged

Should 1st get WP to educate the cabinet that they are alternative party not opposition party.

IMHO, it is that "So no problem for me" causing the problem. The local media should use AP altogether. If you use term Opposition party in Taiwan, you probably will be sued and fined.

Regards,

Taiwan is taiwan. Lets not make comparison with Taiwan or any other country. And it is not even a country at all.

We know that it is not possible for local media to change overnight. For me, when I remember to use the word alternative, people's mindset think otherwise. When I use the word opposition, I am sure some dont think along the lines of this party only know how to oppose. So like I said, no problem for me to just use the word alternative because I used that quite often. But nothing really change. So it is still about the mindset than the word.

Taiwan is taiwan. Lets not make comparison with Taiwan or any other country. And it is not even a country at all.

We know that it is not possible for local media to change overnight. For me, when I remember to use the word alternative, people's mindset think otherwise. When I use the word opposition, I am sure some dont think along the lines of this party only know how to oppose. So like I said, no problem for me to just use the word alternative because I used that quite often. But nothing really change. So it is still about the mindset than the word.

Whatever it is, we should start from here by using Alternative Party. every effort counts. I will use Alternative Party or AP all the way from now.

If people keep using the word "Opposition", we are just reinforcing the mindset that they are there for the sake of opposing each and every policies.

Regards,

↡ Advertisement