Why are we paying

Park88

if we have MM and SM drawing million dollars of salary and providing advice and forecasting

why is PM going against MM in his comments

so who are we suppose to believe or follow

Asked about Minister Mentor Lee Kuan Yew's comments that losing Aljunied GRC would not be a huge setback, he said: "I'm running the election, MM Lee is expressing his view. But my view is, this is an important fight. That's why we put a strong team here... We are fighting to win."

http://news.asiaone.com/News/AsiaOne%2BNew...503-276790.html

↡ Advertisement

probably lee junior is fed up with lee senile(oops,sorry i meant senior) with his uncalled for comments before and during the GE which had caused backlash.

So far the two oldies have not been contributing much in their present roles & instead have caused some concerns because of their recent remarks.

PM have to come out, twice, to defend the older one & asked for our understanding.

Ok fine.

Since there is this promised of CHANGE, let them finish their terms in their respective GRCs & retire these folks after that.

If you look at what MM Lee said, the words he used were that it would not be "the end of the world" should PAP lose Aljunied. Would it be the end of the world, even just for the PAP? Of course not.

As quoted from the Straits Times, "He also said the PAP will not lose in this election, as the only hot-seat is Aljunied." It is a fact that it would not be the end of the world for the PAP should it lose Aljunied. It would still have its two-thirds majority.

http://www.straitstimes.com/GeneralElectio...ory_663138.html

But the reporters did not ask PM Lee whether it would be the "end of the world." They asked him whether it would be a huge setback, which is an entirely different question. You have two ministers and one office holder in Aljunied. Of course it would be a huge setback.

So I do not think it is a case of PM going against or being fed up with MM. It is more a case of reporters misleading them (a whole can of worms there [:p] )

Neutral Newbie

I think MM Lee is still trying to run Spore with his 1970 mentality while PM Lee is trying to show that he has the 2011 mentality i.e. people's power. Problem here is that peole's mindset doesn't change overnight.

If you look at what MM Lee said, the words he used were that it would not be "the end of the world" should PAP lose Aljunied. Would it be the end of the world, even just for the PAP? Of course not.

As quoted from the Straits Times, "He also said the PAP will not lose in this election, as the only hot-seat is Aljunied." It is a fact that it would not be the end of the world for the PAP should it lose Aljunied. It would still have its two-thirds majority.

http://www.straitstimes.com/GeneralElectio...ory_663138.html

But the reporters did not ask PM Lee whether it would be the "end of the world." They asked him whether it would be a huge setback, which is an entirely different question. You have two ministers and one office holder in Aljunied. Of course it would be a huge setback.

So I do not think it is a case of PM going against or being fed up with MM. It is more a case of reporters misleading them (a whole can of worms there [:p] )

thank you for taking considerable time explaining

appreciated

if we have MM and SM drawing million dollars of salary and providing advice and forecasting

why is PM going against MM in his comments

so who are we suppose to believe or follow

Asked about Minister Mentor Lee Kuan Yew's comments that losing Aljunied GRC would not be a huge setback, he said: "I'm running the election, MM Lee is expressing his view. But my view is, this is an important fight. That's why we put a strong team here... We are fighting to win."

http://news.asiaone.com/News/AsiaOne%2BNew...503-276790.html

The answer is simple.... The country is run like a listed company. MM is like the board of directors and PM is the CEO. If you think it that way, it will all make sense..... I'm not saying this as a sarcasm.... In a way, I do agree with PM in the sense that MM is unique because what he has accomplished when he was a PM commanded respect by many leaders worldwide. I wouldn't say the same thing for SM though.... There is no legacy in him.

↡ Advertisement