Recommend under seat active sub

Noelleon69

i see. thank you andrew for your reply.. what are the usual settings i should set?

1) deep bass vs dynamic

2) frequency to set?

I can help since i was using same head unit until last week. For frequency in remote it is low pass filter crossover, read the manual also. Generally you should set it as low as possible but this also shld be coupled with front speaker crossover setting. Suggest you read more on car audio crossover settings to understand better.

Are you in singapore attrage whatsapp group? Easier to communicate there.

i see. thank you andrew for your reply.. what are the usual settings i should set?

1) deep bass vs dynamic

2) frequency to set?

Hi Saints,

Read that you added amp and active sub and presume you are using stock speakers ....

Set the frequency on the remote of your active sub to 90 to 100hz when playing some pop music without obvious bass to try and adjust the gain until you hear the sub and back off a bit until you do not hear it.

If your active subwoofer remote has phase control, pls also try try which sounds more impactful.

You cannot expect such active sub to go low to 60 hz and below but having it is nice and allows you to play 90hz to say 60hz with more expansive sound stage and a bit of low bass.

Hope this helps.

Cheers.

Richard

Edited by richard_crl032

Hi paid a deposit at the audio shop for the TS-WX130DA gonna install later. May I know if placing the woofer under passenger seat or driver seat is the best? Was recommended to place it under passenger would be more ideal. I was thinking to place at driver side initially though.

Hi paid a deposit at the audio shop for the TS-WX130DA gonna install later. May I know if placing the woofer under passenger seat or driver seat is the best? Was recommended to place it under passenger would be more ideal. I was thinking to place at driver side initially though.

No difference. Woofer is omni directional. If you want just request to try both sides, cables should be long enough.

Theoretically yes but active sub tend to be on a higher frequency range and directly under seat may make it feel as though the bass is from below, especially the vibration.

• Praise 1

If placed under the driver's seat you might be able to feel some vibration and that may be a distraction. I placed it under the front passenger's seat and it seems fine. Under the driver's seat is usually more dirty so that is another reason for me.

(edited)

No difference. Woofer is omni directional. If you want just request to try both sides, cables should be long enough.

Thanks my friend told me the same thing as u.

If placed under the driver's seat you might be able to feel some vibration and that may be a distraction. I placed it under the front passenger's seat and it seems fine. Under the driver's seat is usually more dirty so that is another reason for me.

Ya true I notice the vibration when I tried sitting at the passenger side.. Edited by JX83

Put under driver's seat, driver shiok. Put under passenger seat, passenger shiok.

Depends whom you want to please more!

On 8/26/2019 at 3:35 PM, Surf2004 said:

Hi, what’s the labour charge for installing active subwoofer ? Planning to buy the Pioneer TS-WX130DA from SLT.

Was also looking at the same unit. how much did they quote you? I can PM u an installer at yio chu kang if u live in that area.