Recommend under seat active sub

Noelleon69

Neutral Newbie

Myvi 1.5 adv user here
Planning to get one underseat sub.

Current setup
Factory touch screen HU
Front speakers replaced with JBL CS762 2 way coaxial.
Rear door speaker: 6" stock

With this setup bass is too low at volume 15
I have no plan to change HU or addin amplifier. The current HU is capable of delivering 20W RMS X4

Can someone help to chose from below.
Kenwood KSC-SW11
PioneerTS-WX120A
DB drive euphoria EPS 8

Tq

Myvi 1.5 adv user here

Planning to get one underseat sub.

Current setup

Factory touch screen HU

Front speakers replaced with JBL CS762 2 way coaxial.

Rear door speaker: 6" stock

With this setup bass is too low at volume 15

I have no plan to change HU or addin amplifier. The current HU is capable of delivering 20W RMS X4

Can someone help to chose from below.

Kenwood KSC-SW11

PioneerTS-WX120A

DB drive euphoria EPS 8

Tq

Can't go wrong with Kenwood n Pioneer, not sure about DB. I have a Ksc-Sw01, used for 7 years already.

Neutral Newbie

Can't go wrong with Kenwood n Pioneer, not sure about DB. I have a Ksc-Sw01, used for 7 years already.

To for replying

Do you remember how the sub amp powered.

Is it directly from battery?

To for replying

Do you remember how the sub amp powered.

Is it directly from battery?

Of course. I recently moved it to new car myself. Wife say cannot buy new one cause still working, haha!

It's very easy.

Yellow or red wire power wire from sub tap to fuse box (or battery) under glove box like dashcam.

Blue from sub go behind headunit to Amp power on (blue/white), that is to tell the sub to turn on when headunit turn on.

Then connect 2 rcas to back of headunit's subwoofer out.

Above is for without Amp. Other than power and ground, all of my cables connect to amp so easier to install.

Actually all instructions can be found in manual but most more or less same. Just double check the color codes.

I assume you have the KSC-SW11 where the max consumption is stated 8.5A. From factory it uses a 10A fuse so it's safe to tap to a 10A fuse.

As for which ones, depends on your car which component uses 10A? Then choose one that is non critical like rear wiper, cigarette lighter socket, car audio..etc. Before you do all these, disconnect the car battery's negative first.

Edited by Nicholas

Neutral Newbie

I assume you have the KSC-SW11 where the max consumption is stated 8.5A. From factory it uses a 10A fuse so it's safe to tap to a 10A fuse.

As for which ones, depends on your car which component uses 10A? Then choose one that is non critical like rear wiper, cigarette lighter socket, car audio..etc. Before you do all these, disconnect the car battery's negative first.

Thanks. Really helped

Neutral Newbie

Hi one more doubt.

since my stock head unit does not come with RCA out, need to splice from the speaker wire. is it necessary to use Hi-Low converter?

Hi one more doubt.

since my stock head unit does not come with RCA out, need to splice from the speaker wire. is it possible necessary to use Hi-Low converter?

You can get something like this:

post-4567-0-57214400-1524133109_thumb.jpg

Thanks alot

Today I go tidy up my cables, there's a chance no need RCA. I think can just splice to the sub harness itself. Sorry if I gave wrong above earlier.

The TS-WX120A has been replaced by the TS-WX-130DA with a slight increase in power.

https://www.pioneer-car.eu/uk/products/ts-wx130da

I wanted to check with you guys I am new to ICE recently I changed my speakers and. Added a pioneer amp(GM-A6704) and today I decided to add an active amp to make the sound fuller (TS-WX-130DA)

One thing is I have no idea what do I need to set on the remote eg: freq, deeep/dynmaic bass etc

One thing I noticed was the installer just connected the sub directly to my HU( JVC V230BT) wouldn’t there be a need to connect to my existing amp?

Can someone share or tell me how should I set all these parameters on my active sub and on my HU. I am driving an attrage. Thanks

I wanted to check with you guys I am new to ICE recently I changed my speakers and. Added a pioneer amp(GM-A6704) and today I decided to add an active amp to make the sound fuller (TS-WX-130DA)

One thing is I have no idea what do I need to set on the remote eg: freq, deeep/dynmaic bass etc

One thing I noticed was the installer just connected the sub directly to my HU( JVC V230BT) wouldn’t there be a need to connect to my existing amp?

Can someone share or tell me how should I set all these parameters on my active sub and on my HU. I am driving an attrage. Thanks

Your active sub-woofer has its own built-in amplifier, that is why the installer can connect it directly to your HU.

• Praise 1

Your active sub-woofer has its own built-in amplifier, that is why the installer can connect it directly to your HU.

i see. thank you andrew for your reply.. what are the usual settings i should set?

1) deep bass vs dynamic

2) frequency to set?

i see. thank you andrew for your reply.. what are the usual settings i should set?

1) deep bass vs dynamic

2) frequency to set?

I am not an audiophile so some sifu will be able to give you better advice.

Deep bass or dynamic will depend on the type of music that you are playing.

As for frequency, this article might help:

https://www.svsound.com/blogs/svs/tips-for-setting-the-proper-crossover-frequency-for-a-subwoofer

For me, my installer just set everything and I only ask him to reduce the bass as I found it too strong. So as long as it sounds good to you, it is good.

https://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Car/Subwoofers/Powered+Subwoofer/TS-WX130DA#manuals

post-158018-0-97965700-1542517191_thumb.jpg

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2