NSP supporter sacked from Jurong Town Council

Nutty

I thought PM Lee say they will review and change? With this sort of incident, I believe they are heading towards being an opposition party by 2021.

can work in aljunied town council?

Anyway, some organisation is sticky in staff involving in election..

My frd organisation warn their staff that they be sacked if caught involving in any election activity like bcuming agent or wat, but can still watch rally la.

someone told me ...Sylvia Lim is a lecturer in Republic Poly...true or not...

Poly is still under MOE.....why never terminate her ????

Sylvia Lim is a lecturer is Temasek Poly.

I wonder what are the organizations that deter their staffs from involving in political activities?

(edited)

Can some one bother to find out more facts before shooting again?

Let's not assume that the town council is the devil and the girl is a saint before more truths are established ok? It could also well be the other way round.

And the news coming from temasekreview... [rolleyes]

Edited by Best_ctzn

(edited)

this will make civil servants voters who supports the oppo to think twice on next election. Which is not a good news for oppo at all. Great, next election confirm PAP share will go up.

i am sure there is more to this story. Anyhow shoot will only worsen the support of oppo

Edited by Tom_kkh

someone told me ...Sylvia Lim is a lecturer in Republic Poly...true or not...

Poly is still under MOE.....why never terminate her ????

too high profile?

Turbocharged

Things like this you must be very very careful.

It is an extraordinary claim to make that someone can be fired for supporting the opposition.

And extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof.

It is very easy to make such allegations, but not so easy to prove them. Rather than debating this in public it may well have been wiser to have all the ducks in row first with proper documentation and a report made to MOM (andd if possible the outcome of the investigation)

Turbocharged
(edited)

too high profile?

Polys are under stat board. Many staff are on contract. Whether this makes them more vulnerable or more independent to express their views, is up for debate.

"Poor performance" is a favourite trick of HR as a reason for termination. Which is why I always stress that everybody keeps track and keep a good record of the annual appraisal. Make sure that performance is always above average or better. Then it is harder for HR to victimise you on reason of poor performance.

Edited by Sosaria
↡ Advertisement