George Yeo: PAP should take a hard look at itself

Altivo

http://www.asiaone.com/News/AsiaOne%2BNews...510-277985.html

By Karen W Lim

SINGAPORE's outgoing Foreign Minister called for a press conference at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs on Tuesday 11am to receive questions from the media for the first time since his electoral loss.

George Yeo thanked the press for waiting a couple of days for him to rest before meeting him. #sgelection #singapore

Regrets?

"I wish I had a mandate from the people of Aljunied to be a strong advocate of transformation of the PAP. But I don't," said George Yeo.

Self-reflection within the People's Action Party?

The PAP should take a hard look at itself.. Soul searching, and why was there this resentment against the govt: George Yeo. #sgelection

On Singapore's youths

Many young ppl have stepped forward to help me. It is not good that so many of them feel alienated from the Singapore they love: George Yeo

Win back Aljunied?

George Yeo: "Many asked me to stay on to win back Aljunied in five years. I told them it is better for a younger person to take on the task.

...I'm already 57 years old and would be 62 by then", said George Yeo at a press con now. #sgelection #singapore

↡ Advertisement

worms all coming out? [rolleyes]

Since he got nothing to lose already, he's trying to wrench back one mouth gas for his mentor who was made a scapegoat in the TPL saga.

Since he got nothing to lose already, he's trying to wrench back one mouth gas for his mentor who was made a scapegoat in the TPL saga.

kenna sabo-ed in all fronts by MM, LHH and CP.

There should also be NMP positions available for the best losers for the PAP, for example GY from Aljunied GRC and Desmond Choo fr HG SMC

Turbocharged

PAP take hard look? Dan gu gu lah..all the ministers all consumed by their salaries liao. After GY, none in the current batch impresses...

Supersonic

i doubt WP would take him, fearing he might be a MOLE! :D

I think WP or even SDP *should* take him if he's interested. I would vote for GY if he stood in Oppo. Anytime, anywhere.