Banks Home Loan

J96949

Digress a bit. Looking to buy a resale pte apt. Need to pay 1% for the option fee. How do we know the person we are writing the cheque is the owner ? And not played out by the agent ?

Digress a bit. Looking to buy a resale pte apt. Need to pay 1% for the option fee. How do we know the person we are writing the cheque is the owner ? And not played out by the agent ?

Ask for documentary proof... eg: title deed would show the owner's name and IC number. When i bought my new place, i didnt deal with the owner, didnt even see him.. was dealing with the agent.. so he provided documentary proof etc

You sound like you don't know what you are talking about....anyway to TS from the replies I doubt you will get good advice here

You are right... My apologies.

OCBC variable rate has been adjust downward. 0.68, 0.98, 1.38 as compared to sibor rate. furthermore the sibor has a tendancy to increase.

You are right... My apologies.

OCBC variable rate has been adjust downward. 0.68, 0.98, 1.38 as compared to sibor rate. furthermore the sibor has a tendancy to increase.

yup...that's rite...thanks for verifying....need me to intro oc bankers also can...

Hi everyone

I just purchased a Pte Property for home stay but now, I'm having headache gng thru all the offers by various banks.

Should I take variable or Sibor Packages? Hmm...

aiyah, like that is no headache lah.

just go with a comfortable feeling.

dont ngiauw chee ngiauw lan over such things.

enjoy you new property and get into the next stage of your life.

thats more important.

Theoretically banks can increase their lending margins even if SOR/SIBOR remains low.

With less properties being transacted on the overall, the fastest way for banks collectively to increase their margins is to increase the margin on the new housing loans, even though the cost of funds to them remains unchanged. This directly increases bank margins, which from an investment viewpoint, is also good for the banks. There are foreign analysts who are less optimistic about Singapore banking sector compared to other Asian banks because Singapore banks traditionally depend on housing loans for their income, and the low lending rates cause margin compression.

This will also help to control property prices, because it don't matter if SIBOR or SOR is 0% if all banks charge 3% + SIBOR/SOR.

Though fundamentally it's not free economics (it's like price fixing actually hehe), but hey, it's no different from petrol prices which always rise faster than oil prices even without adjusting for SGD appreciation. It still feels like i'm paying 50% more V-Power today for some strange reason.

I wonder if MAS can mandate or "strongly encourage" banks to do this? Anyone has any thoughts?

Though don't get me wrong, i'm not saying i endorse this idea, actually i hate it, but I'm just thinking that this might just be too easy and convenient from them to implement? Give me 0% downpayment, no seller stamp duties, low interest rates anytime man... Like China in the earlier days... Got cash rebate after 0% downpayment even betta! Then i will go shoopppinn' again!!! [laugh]

just wondering hdb loan rate is how many % now? assuming it is for the public housing it should be lower?

2.6% [:)]

Hypersonic

With all the gov measures on housing, the high price of private housing and

the very rate of cash needed for the deposit,

the TS must be financially well off and savvy.

The last thing he or she needs is advice from us

on financing.

Its us that need to ask the TS how to make more

money to buy more private properties. :D

↡ Advertisement