C&C Mechanic Are They Allow???????

Ngsehchoon

Today afternoon while having late lunch at west coast hawker centre, saw this white sporty Mercede drive by two malay mechanic as one of them went to buy foods while the others wait inside the car. Does C&C allow their mechanic to drive their client car's out to buy foods????? What if the owner saw their own car not in the workshop but outside the hawker to buy maken [confused] [confused] [confused]

↡ Advertisement

Today afternoon while having late lunch at west coast hawker centre, saw this white sporty Mercede drive by two malay mechanic as one of them went to buy foods while the others wait inside the car. Does C&C allow their mechanic to drive their client car's out to buy foods????? What if the owner saw their own car not in the workshop but outside the hawker to buy maken [confused] [confused] [confused]

how you know is client's car??

it could be the company's courtesy car or test drive car ma.. b [:)]

Supersonic

Maybe the car rally belong to the 2 mechanic? [:p] More likely i think they are "testing drive" the car after servicing lo. :D

Yes, for test driving the car after making some adjustments. It's probably a requirement and personally, I wouldn't mind at all if they drove my car around, stopping halfway to 'da bao' stuff and all. But from a professional point of view, perhaps this shouldn't be allowed. What if the owner is one of those super fussy types? To display professionalism, test drives should be limited to just that...testing, not stopping to buy stuff.

Yes, for test driving the car after making some adjustments. It's probably a requirement and personally, I wouldn't mind at all if they drove my car around, stopping halfway to 'da bao' stuff and all. But from a professional point of view, perhaps this shouldn't be allowed. What if the owner is one of those super fussy types? To display professionalism, test drives should be limited to just that...testing, not stopping to buy stuff.

totally agree. Test drive should be purely test drive. Imagine, if you're dun like durian and the mechanic used your car to go buy durian on the way during the test drive, i think you'll be jumping mad when you get your car back.

Turbocharged

There are too many variables that we don't know from the posted faccts to form any sort of opinion. Perhaps this was a trade in car, perhaps it was a C&C car, perhaps the mechanic is good friends with the owner, and the owner is fully aware of what is happening, perhaps perhaps perhaps.

As a default though, absolutely no other things should happen on a test drive than a test drive. For me, if they stopped to pick up coffee I wouldn't care, but if they stopped to pick up stinky tofu then maybe I have a problem. Some people won't like the smell of coffee, but love the smell of durian. To do anything other than the stated purpose just opens the situation up to too many problems.

Supersonic

Regardless which workshop, to display professionalism they shld not use your car for other purpose. If they want to test drive the car, they should only drive out the car for such purpose and then go back to workshop.

If those mechanic use your car to go 'dao bao' lunch or even drive your car to go buy some parts replacement even used for your car is wrong.

I would most glad if every Mechanic test-drive after repair/servicing, and not assume all to be in order.

personally I won't bother to care if they use my car to tabao etc...

think it's one of the grey area that keeps ppl happy, and having them working on my car, I want them happy...

But I would wanna know who test drove my car... so i can put the finger on when things happen...

Supersonic

Actually who and where they drive my car to doesnt matter, if i dun know wht they do to my car. :D

What makes TS think that the car MUST be a client's?

Could it not be:

1. A traded-in car which the mechanics are working on before it is being sold as resale?

2. A colleague's car which the mechanics were asked to fix?

It's like jumping to conclusion without ascertaining the facts.

totally agree. Test drive should be purely test drive. Imagine, if you're dun like durian and the mechanic used your car to go buy durian on the way during the test drive, i think you'll be jumping mad when you get your car back.

Oh yah! How you know I damn hate durian ah?? It's my worst nightmare leh! The stench it emits is [dead]

There are too many variables that we don't know from the posted faccts to form any sort of opinion. Perhaps this was a trade in car, perhaps it was a C&C car, perhaps the mechanic is good friends with the owner, and the owner is fully aware of what is happening, perhaps perhaps perhaps.

As a default though, absolutely no other things should happen on a test drive than a test drive. For me, if they stopped to pick up coffee I wouldn't care, but if they stopped to pick up stinky tofu then maybe I have a problem. Some people won't like the smell of coffee, but love the smell of durian. To do anything other than the stated purpose just opens the situation up to too many problems.

Very true! So in conclusion, only at the owners' behest should these mechanics behave in the manner discussed. We, as 3rd party observers, cannot draw any viable conclusions and thus, have no right to pass any form of judgement whatsoever.