From feeling of home to an unwelcome presence in days

Latka

Then why the fark don't u surrender yr passport and take up pink IC?

ST Forum

May 13, 2011

I HAVE been a Singapore permanent resident for eight years. My wife and I were married here, and my son who was born here speaks English with a Singaporean accent.

When his time comes, he will serve national service, like other Singapore-born teenagers.

We were so proud when we got tickets for the National Day Parade last year.

When we return to Singapore from our holidays, it is like returning home. Singapore has been a home for me and my family.

But nine days of the Singapore opposition party rallies have dissipated this feeling. I have been made to feel like a complete foreigner who should be deported immediately.

Suddenly, I feel an atmosphere of loathing towards my family and me although it may not be real.

The opposition seems to have targeted residents like me systematically and I feel like a scapegoat.

Juniarto Samsudin

↡ Advertisement

ST Forum

May 13, 2011

I HAVE been a Singapore permanent resident for eight years. My wife and I were married here, and my son who was born here speaks English with a Singaporean accent.

When his time comes, he will serve national service, like other Singapore-born teenagers.

When we return to Singapore from our holidays, it is like returning home. Singapore has been a home for me and my family.

But nine days of the Singapore opposition party rallies have dissipated this feeling. I have been made to feel like a complete foreigner who should be deported immediately.

Suddenly, I feel an atmosphere of loathing towards my family and me although it may not be real.

The opposition seems to have targeted residents like me systematically and I feel like a scapegoat.

Juniarto Samsudin

hmmmmmm.............. now he knows that he is one of the FT we Singaporean are talking about ......... :ph34r::ph34r:

OK ask him dun talk so much...only when his son completed his NS and reservist than maybe we will consider whether to treat him like one of us....

NEXT!!

There are many reasons why most PR won't convert to pink IC.

most want the best of both worlds.

Some have old folks back in home country

Some still can't maitre up their mind because of your bashing.

Twincharged

yup ... got a colleague who's wife is malaysian ... does not want to get pink ic so she can just zip thru MY immigration whenever she wants to.

(edited)

I think more than one of the opp speakers did mention that we are not against FT, we just don't want to open the flood gate blindly. And you know how letters are handpicked and edited ..

Edited by Acieed

So sorry to Mr Juniarto that Singapore no longer feels like his home.....BECAUSE IT ISN"T!!!!!

Hold Indonesian/Malaysian citizenship and still dare to say Singapore no longer feels like his home, CCB!!!!!! Singapore is Singaporean's home, not FT's home, be thankful we even let you in in the first place, NOT HAPPY THEN f--k OFF!!!!

converting to Singaporean to some PR means giving up their properties from where they come from. This mean they're just here for the money and once got enough, will just go back to retired.

Juniarto, you are stranger in a strange land. Though we have welcomed you into our society, and you have assimilated well to the Singaporean way of life (your MNC pay you how much ah??), you have to understand that you will never be truly regarded as a local Singaporean. Just like if one of us were to go live & work in your country, no matter how long a time we co-habitate with your countrymen, will they ever regard us as locals? Perhaps 1 or 2 people whom we're close with will treat us like one of them, but the community in general? I think not.

This feeling you have of being 'unwelcomed' stems from your own insecurity about your place in society. Nothing to do with opposition rallies!! If you listen to their true message, the subject of foreigners is just 1 of many tools used to promote their cause which is ultimately FREEDOM from the oppression of the ruling party. Their speeches are not targeted specifically at YOU, it's how you translate it in your mind that makes you feel the way you do now. See their message from a different perspective, look at the bigger picture, and don't be so sensitive lar!!

Hypersonic

But if he owns a restaurant and sell good Mutton Dum Briyani, I welcome him since he create jobs and he said he son will be serving NS.

ST Forum

May 13, 2011

Juniarto Samsudin

another FT sly one speaking for own self-interest.

and act pity. [shakehead]

ST Forum

May 13, 2011

Juniarto Samsudin

So Mr Samsudin, whats your decision? do you to want to continue staying here feeling unwelcome,or go back to your real home land? I be more than willing to hail a cab for you to go changi airport if you decide the latter!

Neutral Newbie

I HAVE been a Singapore permanent resident for the past 14 years. Of my 34 years of my life, i have stayed in Singapore for 28 years. My wife(Singaporean) and I were married here, and my daughter and son are Singaporeans.

I have to say that i never managed to get tickets to National Day Parade all these years thou...

When we return to Singapore from our holidays, it is like returning home. Singapore has been a home for me and my family. When i head to my parents home in Malaysia, its like going on a holiday, Singapore is always my home.

And nine days of the Singapore opposition party rallies have affirmed this feeling. I have come to realised how much Singapore means to me. Like 40% of Singaporeans out there, I cheered when WP took Aljuinied, i fought back tears when CST lost B-TPY and PP. I jeered whenever TPL said something, and i still dun understand why MBT, VB and WKS is still in parliament.

I never felt any atmosphere of loathing towards my family and me and i never felt that the opposition seems to have targeted residents like me systematically and the feeling of being a scapegoat? NAH~

^_^

So Mr Samsudin, whats your decision? do you to want to continue staying here feeling unwelcome,or go back to your real home land? I be more than willing to hail a cab for you to go changi airport if you decide the latter!

wah, taxi to airport only ah, never offer to pay for his air-ticket?

lets be frank, if he really is patriotic, he wuld have converted to pink IC liao.

My wife is a PR, she die die will not convert coz she tell me if 1 day singapore collaspe, she can run back to her own country.( will she bring me along? [:p] )

ST Forum

May 13, 2011

I have been a Singapore Citizen for 20 over years and serve NS like every other singaporeans.

I have been trying to get NDP tickets for 10 years, why I never get any??????

↡ Advertisement