April 2011 new registration of cars.

Csnewbie

imagine 10yr later, at traffic light all beside u are bmw & merc & u r the only toyota

I can only imagine seeying that while doing a pedestrian crossing... [bigcry]

Neutral Newbie

COE so high yet people still buy Mercs, BMWs and Audis.. No wonder COE keep rising lah...

Who would have imagined 10 years ago what it is now. :mellow:

What you may see in ten years then then might be Aston Martons, Bentley maseratis and one lonely guy looking uncomfortable in his 5 series. <_<

note the huge margin between mercedes and audi. means you'll see a lot more mercedes in singapore.

tat's expected lah....u can go n ask any elderly uncle/auntie, i confirm they will say audi is some car with 4 rings n think tat it's ok ok, but when u mention mercedes, their eyes open wide n their face shows instant approval :D

Supercharged

Is Toyota still hanging there coz of the commercial vehicles??? :wacko:

If that number includes the commercial, then it should be less right? it should copmpare car vs car!

and if you take thaqt out - then top 5 may have a Jap make...

correct me if I am wrong... :blink:

Hypersonic

If that number includes the commercial, then it should be less right? it should copmpare car vs car!

Toyota number include od Lexus.

No commercial vehicles included in that list. It is just Toyota and Lexus cars. Nissan is top selling in Singapore commercial vehicles.

Turbocharged

as of current, Kia and hyundai are posting the most value for money price, i am surprise that its sales did not out do Toyota.

COE so high yet people still buy Mercs, BMWs and Audis.. No wonder COE keep rising lah...

With high COE, it make more sense to buy a premium or more expensive car as the proportion of the price of the COE to the car is much lower. Take for example, a QQ - OMV is 5k and the COE is 45k .... the COE is 9 times the OMV of the car. However for a C200 CGI - OMV - 45k, COE - 55k. OMV and COE only about 20% difference.

Furthermore, the rising yen against the weakening of the US$ or Euro $ make Conti cars a much much better option.

(edited)

With high COE, it make more sense to buy a premium or more expensive car as the proportion of the price of the COE to the car is much lower. Take for example, a QQ - OMV is 5k and the COE is 45k .... the COE is 9 times the OMV of the car. However for a C200 CGI - OMV - 45k, COE - 55k. OMV and COE only about 20% difference.

Furthermore, the rising yen against the weakening of the US$ or Euro $ make Conti cars a much much better option.

Second that......for eg, look at the price of the Honda Accord, around $150k? Better to get a 3 series or an Audi for that $$

Edited by RadX
↡ Advertisement