Toyota Prius Alpha/Plus

Yongwd

Supersonic

Yes, it's familiar... Is this the Wish hybrid? ... the beauty of a transformed old faithful?

congrats on your purchase! you seem quite excited by your new car haha...

just curious to know on the comparison of 3rd row space between Prius+ and Wish?

↡ Advertisement

this is bec of the VES impact....normal Prius has additional charges.  Notice the Prius +/Alpha dashboard hasnt changed since the last model.  They change the front only or did i miss something?

Actually i had never seen the Prius+ before Sunday, so unfortunately got no means of comparison.

Attractive point is they give 10 yr warranty on the hybrid batt, so no need worry about the $4-5k batt when it bye bye...

Will get back around $8-9k on scrap, so the depreciation is a decent $11k.

The SE si bey straight - said now nobody wants to buy the Prius one lah, given its high price...

The center armrest is really a huge turnoff. Its really occupy a lot of leg room space. For those who consider to buy this car, please go and test drive. If you like it overall, go ahead and get it. Overall, it is a toyota and 10 year warranty on the battery. It wont go wrong well i suppose.

• Praise 2

Supersonic

The center armrest is really a huge turnoff. Its really occupy a lot of leg room space. For those who consider to buy this car, please go and test drive. If you like it overall, go ahead and get it. Overall, it is a toyota and 10 year warranty on the battery. It wont go wrong well i suppose.

with 10 year warranty for batt from BM and good price point, wont be surprised to see more on the roads...
  • Praise 1

My old wish doesn't have a centre console, so indeed it was a bit of a shock to see the large one there. But guess no choice, if the hybrid battery has to be somewhere, it's better it's there and not at, let's say, in the already-small boot.

One little worry i suddenly have wrt the hybrid batt, is whether it's 100% safe? Handphone batts got more cases of explosion... if the hybrid batt got any tiny bit of problem... [sweatdrop]

with 10 year warranty for batt from BM and good price point, wont be surprised to see more on the roads...

The one very real possibility is that with the good FC (reportedly 20 km/L), those doing sales jobs, or the PHVs or even taxis, might be smart to get this.

The only thing it loses to Sienta - which i saw too - is that it doesn't have rear aircon (another similarity to the Wish).

• Praise 1

Supersonic

My old wish doesn't have a centre console, so indeed it was a bit of a shock to see the large one there. But guess no choice, if the hybrid battery has to be somewhere, it's better it's there and not at, let's say, in the already-small boot.

One little worry i suddenly have wrt the hybrid batt, is whether it's 100% safe? Handphone batts got more cases of explosion... if the hybrid batt got any tiny bit of problem... [sweatdrop]

The one very real possibility is that with the good FC (reportedly 20 km/L), those doing sales jobs, or the PHVs or even taxis, might be smart to get this.

The only thing it loses to Sienta - which i saw too - is that it doesn't have rear aircon (another similarity to the Wish).

but BM Sienta no hybrid lo. so see which is important for the individual.

but BM Sienta no hybrid lo. so see which is important for the individual.

Is there a Sienta thread?

what's the difference(s) betw BM and PI sientas?

Wish is more like a car, and i suspect drives better than Sienta, but of course pays more road tax.

wish got more airbags, while sienta has rear a/c...

space-wise, i think maybe roughly the same?

congrats on your purchase! you seem quite excited by your new car haha...

just curious to know on the comparison of 3rd row space between Prius+ and Wish?

Thanks.  Frankly, the excitement are the HSD, an opportunity to re-learn how to drive economically and main part of the excitements is on the EV mode where we can start and end the day silently within our multistorey/multibasement carparks. 

One thing is clear, my decision to own a Prius+ is not about the look.  It's more about an old faithful - Toyota reliability just like your spouse and any Wish owners will attest to this.

Prius+ and Wish? Prius+ is slightly taller, has longer wheelbase and sit higher at the 3rd row. I am 1.7m and the 3rd row is still good for me. 

• Praise 3

Thanks.  Frankly, the excitement are the HSD, an opportunity to re-learn how to drive economically and main part of the excitements is on the EV mode where we can start and end the day silently within our multistorey/multibasement carparks. 

One thing is clear, my decision to own a Prius+ is not about the look.  It's more about an old faithful - Toyota reliability just like your spouse and any Wish owners will attest to this.

Prius+ and Wish? Prius+ is slightly taller, has longer wheelbase and sit higher at the 3rd row. I am 1.7m and the 3rd row is still good for me. 

Did you change from a Wish to this Prius+? If so, how old was your wish?

Did you change from a Wish to this Prius+? If so, how old was your wish?

Incidentally no.  But previously owned Corolla, Corona, Camry and Picnic.  My brothers love Wish and I too like her for the space and grace.  Not a great looker but she is pretty enough, capable enough, reliable enough and encompassing.  Where to find a 7-Seater with similar virtues today with proven technologies and less than $120K that will promise to save more on fuel and do more for our environment?

Prius of course.

• Praise 3

Supersonic

Incidentally no. But previously owned Corolla, Corona, Camry and Picnic. My brothers love Wish and I too like her for the space and grace. Not a great looker but she is pretty enough, capable enough, reliable enough and encompassing. Where to find a 7-Seater with similar virtues today with proven technologies and less than $120K that will promise to save more on fuel and do more for our environment?

Prius of course.

in terms of 7-seater with fuel savings, Sienta hybrid and Freed hybrid too, but not apple to apple in terms of space and engine la.

Incidentally no.  But previously owned Corolla, Corona, Camry and Picnic.  My brothers love Wish and I too like her for the space and grace.  Not a great looker but she is pretty enough, capable enough, reliable enough and encompassing.  Where to find a 7-Seater with similar virtues today with proven technologies and less than $120K that will promise to save more on fuel and do more for our environment?

Prius of course.

I had sworn by the Wish too, and swears that no other mid-sized MPVs (except maybe Stream) come close to it in terms of space...

But even if it's a Toyota, it's not immune to problem. Must be prepared and make sure that some key parts are replaced at key milestones if wanna keep long long. Otherwise also will regret.

• Praise 1

In SG, fuel price will never go lower and even the world's crude crashed to $1 tomorrow it will be maintained in current level or higher in the name of birth control.  So, 20 Km/L is good for a 7-Seater and even 15 is acceptable.  Yes, Plugin Hybrid Vehicles (PHVs) is the future but again that will have to wait.

Unless every private and public apartment's parking lots are electrified (You don't want to wait for your turn right? And the damned guy before you just refuse to move away his PHV...).  The situation is likewise for parking lots at business and shopping centres.  Of course you are not in this predicament when you stay landed.

And I foresee the cost of charging will not be significantly cheaper again in the name of Control. 

I had sworn by the Wish too, and swears that no other mid-sized MPVs (except maybe Stream) come close to it in terms of space...

But even if it's a Toyota, it's not immune to problem. Must be prepared and make sure that some key parts are replaced at key milestones if wanna keep long long. Otherwise also will regret.

Read and followed the development on Toyota HSD. There are hybrids that gone beyond 600,000 Km with simple oil change and maintenance including timely replacement of wear and tear parts.  In SG, the hybrids taxi and private hired cars have run concurrent to the fact that Toyota hybrids are reliable and one of the lowest running cost.

Investors know their risk!  Was told that the first shipment of BM's Prius+ has gone to a leasing fleet and that explained why there is a wait until Aug 18 or if you lucky, late July to see your Prius+.

I have visited Japan many time and going again soon.  Seem like the Japanese are hellbent to have their cars hybrid and when I was there,  I too hellbent to have my Vellfire Hybrid there! 

Sidetrack a bit.  The Voxy Hybrid is great in space and fuel economy but led down by high noise level.  Hope Toyota can do something like to their Alphard and Vellfire, but then there again cost to silencing.

in terms of 7-seater with fuel savings, Sienta hybrid and Freed hybrid too, but not apple to apple in terms of space and engine la.

You are right!  Not all hybrids the same.  I actually tracking the development of Nissan Series Hybrid that the ICE only used to generate electricity to drive the wheels and maintain charge on the hybrid batteries.  Meaning, once the hybrid battery has charged to certain level, the ICE will be cut to conserve fuel.  Nissan eLeaf is one such vehicle.  Honda's is a mild hybrid that still need ICE most of the time.

The success of Toyota HSD is that most of the time and as far as load is not demanding, electric motors will do most of the driving.

↡ Advertisement