Toyota Prius Alpha/Plus

Yongwd

Hello, which button to press to see the last pic ah? I’m trying to see my fuel consumption for total mileage, but I manage to see only “current trip”, “current tank” (I use trip a), and trip b

Also, is there a way to change how fuel consumption is shown? My current display is x.y liter per 100 km. How to change to show like yours, ie 1 liter = x.y km?

Simply, use your left/right buttons on right steering wheel controls.  When you see "Setting", use it to change the type of calculation display. 

Hi , So fast reached 30K,how long have you been driving this car? I guess you own this less than 1 year Right.

My car is shared among family members. Up/down Malaysia are common pastime and part time deliveries also add mileage. The most reliable and economy car ever driven!

↡ Advertisement

I have 2 young children (3 and 2 years old) and 1 more on the way. Am looking at 7 seater MPVs such as the Prius +, something not too big as my children are still small.

Anyone has comments on the use of child seats in the 3rd row? Is it easy to lift and lock a child in the 3rd row and subsequently remove him? He'll probably be 3-4 years old, and probably unable to buckle/ unbuckle himself yet.

TIA

Does the new Prius come with newer smart entry system? How they improve with the smart system to prevent wireless relax hack?  Hope this model now is secure.

On 10/14/2019 at 10:06 AM, Sigeena said:

I have 2 young children (3 and 2 years old) and 1 more on the way. Am looking at 7 seater MPVs such as the Prius +, something not too big as my children are still small.

Anyone has comments on the use of child seats in the 3rd row? Is it easy to lift and lock a child in the 3rd row and subsequently remove him? He'll probably be 3-4 years old, and probably unable to buckle/ unbuckle himself yet.

TIA

https://carseatblog.com/18245/toyota-prius-v-kids-carseats-safety-review-which-hybrid-for-your-family/

This guy managed to put 3 seats in middle row

For the 3rd row, if u fold down one of the last row seat, you should be able to help him buckle up from the rear. 

go to the showroom and take a closer look.

Hi,

Would like to check if anyone knows where I can get the rear wiper blade for my 09 Toyota prius gen 2? I have checked with various stockists in Singapore and none of them carry it.

Any advise?

17 minutes ago, towkayneo1979 said:

Hi,

Would like to check if anyone knows where I can get the rear wiper blade for my 09 Toyota prius gen 2? I have checked with various stockists in Singapore and none of them carry it.

Any advise?

I dun get from stockist. My previous car a mpv and now an suv the rear wiper I just buy a cheap wiper, a bit longer. remove the rubber tip from the metal frame, cut to size and replace the old one. Use back the metal strips that support the wiper.

If your wiper is those "J" hook it's even easier to replace. Just get the same length from any petrol kiosk and replace it.

Edited by Watwheels

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

Some question about Prius plus from BM:

- Do doors auto-lock when starting the engine or moving off?

- Do headlight auto on/off?

- Is retractable wing mirrors automatic or manual like the Wish?

- Any front and rear seat belt reminders? Is it annoying and can it be turned off? My current Wish front seat belt reminder is very annoying and cannot turn off until buckle up.

- Any Window rain visor?

- If not driven for 2 3 weeks (gone overseas), will the battery go dead, since not charging?

- What type of engine oil best? Synthetic?

Thanks.

Edited by pphang

Neutral Newbie

Hello, I am looking to buy a second hand fourth generation Prius + (BM supplied).  Looking at the secondhand listings, I conclude that all 2018 registered cars or newer registration are fourth generation (I don't see any 2016 or 2017 registrations).  Is that a correct conclusion?

Then I understand Toyota introduced a facelift for the fourth gen.  Are all Prius + (so again, BM and not PI) in Singapore from after the facelift?  And if not, any easy way to spot whether the car is pre- or post facelift?

Edited by Marckr

13 minutes ago, Marckr said:

Hello, I am looking to buy a second hand fourth generation Prius + (BM supplied).  Looking at the secondhand listings, I conclude that all 2018 registered cars or newer registration are fourth generation (I don't see any 2016 or 2017 registrations).  Is that a correct conclusion?

Then I understand Toyota introduced a facelift for the fourth gen.  Are all Prius + (so again, BM and not PI) in Singapore from after the facelift?  And if not, any easy way to spot whether the car is pre- or post facelift?

BM didnt bring it in earlier. Prius + is actually based on the 3rd gen prius. and was brought in to replace the toyota wish.  thus nothing before 2018.