Toyota Prius Alpha/Plus

Yongwd

Incidentally no. But previously owned Corolla, Corona, Camry and Picnic. My brothers love Wish and I too like her for the space and grace. Not a great looker but she is pretty enough, capable enough, reliable enough and encompassing. Where to find a 7-Seater with similar virtues today with proven technologies and less than $120K that will promise to save more on fuel and do more for our environment?

Prius of course.

Noah Hybrid is now $120k, space wise it’s a world of difference. Prius+ is a 5 seater squeeze in 2 more seats to be honest.
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

Noah Hybrid is now $120k, space wise it’s a world of difference. Prius+ is a 5 seater squeeze in 2 more seats to be honest.

Have been considering these PI imports (Voxy, Noah & Esquire) but decided 5 + 2 for an "upgraded Wish" is good enough. To me, Prius+ is easier to manoeuvre in squeezy carparks.

Voxy, Noah & Esquire Hybrid are good cars just like Alphard and Vellfire Hybrid.  I think a little money to dampen the noise will definition improve the ride.

• Praise 1

July is a terrible month... Both AD and PI suffered quite severely by VES kick, especially for those still holding on ex-stocks that could attract surcharge!

I think hybrids are the way forward until the nation is ready for PHEVs. 

Incidentally no. But previously owned Corolla, Corona, Camry and Picnic. My brothers love Wish and I too like her for the space and grace. Not a great looker but she is pretty enough, capable enough, reliable enough and encompassing. Where to find a 7-Seater with similar virtues today with proven technologies and less than $120K that will promise to save more on fuel and do more for our environment?

Prius of course.

i bought my Noah below 120k and it's a 8 seater leh.. 2L..better buy than wish if one doesn't mind the massive space
  • Praise 2

i bought my Noah below 120k and it's a 8 seater leh.. 2L..better buy than wish if one doesn't mind the massive space

When I went to Japan recently. It’s Voxy, Noah and Esquire everywhere, as well as Vellfire/Alphard. No one drives Wish or Prius+ there
  • Praise 1

Fitmugen, on 04 Jul 2018 - 8:36 PM, said:

When I went to Japan recently. It’s Voxy, Noah and Esquire everywhere, as well as Vellfire/Alphard. No one drives Wish or Prius+ there

Haha! I should have said "Toyota Hybrids" instead of "Prius".  Hybrid is more generically for technology and Prius, a model of Toyota.

But we can agree lah!  Toyota builds practical and reliable cars.  Anyway, I saw a Voxy today with broken rear screen.  Wonder how long it can be turned around.

below 120k? collected oredi?

• Praise 1

(edited)

A little statistic: Japanese are rationale, thrifty and practical people.  And these are their preferred cars. Out of the top 10 models, 6 are Toyota, 2 Honda and 2 Nissan.

Interesting observations are: 1)  Nissan Note, Roomy does not need to be huge. 2) Prius still has it. 3) Voxy may be deemed practical and CHR styling is too much for the Japanese.

Top Ten Best-Selling Car Models in Japan in 2018 (Q1)

The ten best-selling car models in Japan during the first three months of 2018 according to JADA were:

2017 2018    Brand Model    Q1/2018    Jan 2018    Feb 2018    Mar 2018

1       1          Nissan Note     45,569      13,769        12,444        19,356

2       2          Toyota Prius     36,459      11,507          9,264        15,688

4       3          Toyota Aqua     34,686      11,167          8,741        14,778

5       4          Nissan Serena 33,311       10,408         7,823         15,080

10     5          Toyota Voxy     28,143         8,208         7,468         12,467

9       6          Honda Fit         27,905         8,389         7,013         12,503

7       7          Toyota Sienta   26,481         8,385         6,635         11,461

6       8          Honda Freed    25,247         8,144         6,050         11,053

3       9          Toyota C-HR    24,111          7,627         5,493         10,991

8     10          Toyota Vitz       22,379         7,122         5,127          10,130     

Source: JADA

Edited by chonsiew
  • Praise 1

below 120k? collected oredi?

119.5k..yup collected in May...

now petrol 8 seater v expensive.. vincar selling 130988..n i dont think PI will be bringing it in anymore . hybrids is 116k only..

• Praise 1

now petrol 8 seater v expensive.. vincar selling 130988..n i dont think PI will be bringing it in anymore . hybrids is 116k only..

how's the FC so far? what were u driving before that?

Sad to hear that PI will not bring in this car because of high VES surcharge.  Should go for the hybrid version since it is "better than" Prius+ but do consider, exclusivity means lesser support and longer time to turnaround if repair requires.

The damned multistorey carparks (especially older types) and some were so badly designed that for high roof vertical back cars like Voxy could reverse into trouble.  To mitigate, you will need to have reverse sensors ontop the rear windscreen.

If you believe in physics and aerodynamics, may be acceptable (compromised on your needs) but it can not be impressive.

Best video to illustrate the working of Toyota's Hybrid Synergy Drive (HSD). It's a marvelous piece of vehicular engineering.

I'm not sure about FC... screen shows 14km/l... bt i think should be 11-12km/l....

elantra.

Saw the Gazoo Racing Prius+ at the Toyota MegaWeb recently. Not bad.

v sporty lookin front.

maybe when my kids are older i can consider this as stroller space, child car seat space free up

Supersonic

Prius+ selling at SGD117,988 as of today's ad.

Comparing with the VW Touran selling at SGD117,400, no wonder I see more people signing the dotted line for VW instead. 

(edited)

I'd like to understand. Why would I get a Prius+ at almost 118k when I can get a Honda Freed Hybrid at 96 to 97k? Almost 20k less

Edited by Thetnee
  • Praise 1

Supersonic

I'd like to understand. Why would I get a Prius+ at almost 118k when I can get a Honda Freed Hybrid at 96 to 97k? Almost 20k less

Freed and Sienta are not everyone's cup of tea. Prius+ is effectively the hybrid Wish/Stream.
↡ Advertisement