Toyota Prius Alpha/Plus

Yongwd

Freed and Sienta are not everyone's cup of tea. Prius+ is effectively the hybrid Wish/Stream.

Understand.. But other than aesthetics, what else justifies the 20k difference?
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Prius+ selling at SGD117,988 as of today's ad.

Comparing with the VW Touran selling at SGD117,400, no wonder I see more people signing the dotted line for VW instead.

Wonder how many of the Touran buyers would be scarred for life with VW later

Supersonic

Understand.. But other than aesthetics, what else justifies the 20k difference?

i suppose interior space, engine power, no. of airbags play a part..

Neutral Newbie

Prius+ selling at SGD117,988 as of today's ad.

Comparing with the VW Touran selling at SGD117,400, no wonder I see more people signing the dotted line for VW instead. 

On June was selling at $119K and saying the price will increase by 10K in July because of new VES kick in. But now the selling price is not increase by 10K and drop some more. Is it true BM was selling with 10K lesser profit?   

• Praise 1

I'd like to understand. Why would I get a Prius+ at almost 118k when I can get a Honda Freed Hybrid at 96 to 97k? Almost 20k less

i was looking at freed also... u r right... 20k for prius about same size probably not worth it... i thought hard about 20k for Noah also bt after test drives... guess 20k is worth the space lol.. bt alphard is way above budget...

i was looking at freed also... u r right... 20k for prius about same size probably not worth it... i thought hard about 20k for Noah also bt after test drives... guess 20k is worth the space lol.. bt alphard is way above budget...

Freed is taller and shorter in length and the passenger tend to sit more upright while Prius + has a more sedan feel to it. Even lower than Wish.  Not everyone like the looks for the tall-ish looking Freed (eg. my wife).  Having said that, 20k is indeed difficult to stomach.  

The Toyota Triplet is a class above for family who need the space

For me, the Wish/Stream size is the ideal

VW Touran and Prius + is NOT in the same category.  Prius + is a hybrid and will appeal to those who are FC sensitive.

• Praise 1

(edited)

Is Prius+ same length compared to Wish? Seems

Shorter

4645 (Prius + ) vs 4590 (Wish)

Refer to the comparison.

post-19973-0-37401400-1532183240_thumb.jpg

Edited by Streamium70
  • Praise 2

Supersonic

Freed is taller and shorter in length and the passenger tend to sit more upright while Prius + has a more sedan feel to it. Even lower than Wish. Not everyone like the looks for the tall-ish looking Freed (eg. my wife). Having said that, 20k is indeed difficult to stomach.

The Toyota Triplet is a class above for family who need the space

For me, the Wish/Stream size is the ideal

VW Touran and Prius + is NOT in the same category. Prius + is a hybrid and will appeal to those who are FC sensitive.

not disputing with you, just curious to know why you say Prius+ and Wish not in the same category?

4645 (Prius + ) vs 4590 (Wish)

Refer to the comparison.

Then Prius+ is obviously a better deal than Wish, provided it is configured to have at least the same legroom
  • Praise 1

I feel the MPV market is just calling out for a hybrid model that is good FC, spacious, with sliding doors, nice design interior and exterior and of course good price. Maybe the Nissan Serena hybrid can fulfill that, if it gets a B at worst for VES band. Personally I really like the cabins of Nissan cars although I have never owned one before

Supersonic
(edited)

I feel the MPV market is just calling out for a hybrid model that is good FC, spacious, with sliding doors, nice design interior and exterior and of course good price. Maybe the Nissan Serena hybrid can fulfill that, if it gets a B at worst for VES band. Personally I really like the cabins of Nissan cars although I have never owned one before

you are asking for everything at a good price haha...

for the more budget conscious, Sienta and Freed hybrid.

for the next level, Toyota triplets (hybrid models) and Prius+.

followed by Estima (still got hybrid model sold in SG?) and Serena.

then Alphard/Vellfire hybrid.

Edited by kdash

Supersonic

But Tan Choong is not bringing in the Nissan Serena, which I think they should because market for MPV in Singapore is pretty strong. 

Anyone taking the delivery this month?

I have pushed back to October because of colour choice.  AD has no complaint as there are customers wanted to have "my car" I presumed.  I was also told that hybrid sale was good and still is, many individual are taking the plunge into hybrid with news of the following:

1.   A lot of reorders from fleet owners (cab companies in particular) citing amazing track record of Toyota Prius' practicality, reliability and top of all, economy in real dollar sense at the pump.  

2.   With current "trade and political wars" started by US, future traders are looking at oil price that could double or even triple of current level very quickly (already on uptrend).  Hope there is no disruption to the flow of oil (war over the Gulf for example). Even if such scenario did not happened, the winner is still - our environment.

3.   The world is dumping the diesel and car manufacturers are "forced" to produce Green Cars that meet import requirements, particularly on more and more stringent emission standard. 

Until the infrastructure is in place to support full-electric cars in every HDB carpark, I continue to ponder in a hybrid car at the junction - Where LTA will go?

• Praise 1