Hilux double cab pickup can worth so much?

Roh96

I was browsing thru sgcarmart and saw this ad on a used Hilux double cab pickup. The dep is whopping 10K/yr which is higher than big sedan like Camry and Accord. What is so special about this pickup truck that can command such a high resale? Bcos it is rare? This amount of dep can buy sport sedan like Euro R. Can this pickup run faster than a Euro R? Ridiculous pricing.

http://www.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/info.ph...238&DL=2047

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

This is a diesel version of toyota fortuner. Furthermore, can register under private name and dun need to pay diesel tax. Somemore cheap road tax, only $700+ per year. Also save a lot on fuel expenses since diesel is much more cheaper than petrol. I dun see why it is expensive. IMHO, I would get this pickup if I have the money.

This is a diesel version of toyota fortuner. Furthermore, can register under private name and dun need to pay diesel tax. Somemore cheap road tax, only $700+ per year. Also save a lot on fuel expenses since diesel is much more cheaper than petrol. I dun see why it is expensive. IMHO, I would get this pickup if I have the money.

can register under private name?this is new to me [wave]

pls enlighten!thks

Neutral Newbie

Double cab pick ups can register under private name althought they are G plates because they function like a SUV and can sit 5 ppl. You can check with LTA regarding this.

I was browsing thru sgcarmart and saw this ad on a used Hilux double cab pickup. The dep is whopping 10K/yr which is higher than big sedan like Camry and Accord. What is so special about this pickup truck that can command such a high resale? Bcos it is rare? This amount of dep can buy sport sedan like Euro R. Can this pickup run faster than a Euro R? Ridiculous pricing.

http://www.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/info.ph...238&DL=2047

I dont like the small wheels and that ugly rails. I like the malaysian and thai hilux in factory form [thumbsup]

(edited)

Yes, any twin cabs and "Y" plates can be registered private name but no PARF (Scrap) value.

The Import duty & ARF is higher than usual single cab or "G" plates that's push up the depreciation values.

More improteantly:-

- can't got to JB (You can't get permit for Malaysian government unless with good biz supporting documents from counter- part in West Mayalsia)

- can't speed (Capped at max 70km/h with speed limiter warning device installed in cabin) -if exceed 40 km/h above

vehicle speed / road limit, you'll will be charge in court with max of S$ 2K fine + 12 demerit points

- can't travel on lane 1 of expressways (Righ most-lane) or else kana summon of S$ 170 + min 3 demerit points

- much much higher engine revolutions noises will eoncuter into passenger cabin espcially diesel engine driven type and

much worsen if vehicle was more than 2 yrs in aged.

- easily emitting black smoke (Smoke defective) and kana summon S$ 150 or more for each ticket.

- yearly annual inspection required prior to renewal of road tax & higher Insurance premium (Especially it's an goods

vehicles in facts despite private usage) etc

Edited by Jefkking

Meaning to say, we can purchase vehicles such as Land Rover Defender using private name, without the need of registering for a company?

(edited)

Yes, any twin cabs and "Y" plates can be registered private name but no PARF (Scrap) value.

The Import duty & ARF is higher than usual single cab or "G" plates that's push up the depreciation values.

More improteantly:-

- can't got to JB (You can't get permit for Malaysian government unless with good biz supporting documents from counter- part in West Mayalsia)

- can't speed (Capped at max 70km/h with speed limiter warning device installed in cabin) -if exceed 40 km/h above

vehicle speed / road limit, you'll will be charge in court with max of S$ 2K fine + 12 demerit points

- can't travel on lane 1 of expressways (Righ most-lane) or else kana summon of S$ 170 + min 3 demerit points

- much much higher engine revolutions noises will eoncuter into passenger cabin espcially diesel engine driven type and

much worsen if vehicle was more than 2 yrs in aged.

- easily emitting black smoke (Smoke defective) and kana summon S$ 150 or more for each ticket.

- yearly annual inspection required prior to renewal of road tax & higher Insurance premium (Especially it's an goods

vehicles in facts despite private usage) etc

hi there,

I drive a mit triton and love every minute of it.

Though it came butt ugly stock, a few accessories and its a good truck :)

I dont drive into malaysia, so not a problem for me :)

speed limit, actually, its a good thing becos its actually safer for myself and my passenger :)

black smoke for new euro 4 trucks are not really an issue. but if you " play" around with it, then its a diff story, BUT the torque is amazing :)

Yearly inspection is sian cos i'm running after market rims, so that one i got to change back.

but overall, its a unique ride ( for singapore roads you dont see one like it everyday) and that though diesel prices are increasing, it's still cheaper than petrol :)

my opinion, its a life style vehicle.

P.S lots of modding potentials for the truck too , hehehe

With the price i got it, you can easily buy a civic 2L ( b4 the crazy COE) and other nicer sedans, but well, my choice, hahaha

Cheers!post-7714-1305365655_thumb.jpg

post-7714-1305365644_thumb.jpg

Edited by Headshok

hi there,

I drive a mit triton and love every minute of it.

Though it came butt ugly stock, a few accessories and its a good truck :)

I dont drive into malaysia, so not a problem for me :)

speed limit, actually, its a good thing becos its actually safer for myself and my passenger :)

black smoke for new euro 4 trucks are not really an issue. but if you " play" around with it, then its a diff story, BUT the torque is amazing :)

Yearly inspection is sian cos i'm running after market rims, so that one i got to change back.

but overall, its a unique ride ( for singapore roads you dont see one like it everyday) and that though diesel prices are increasing, it's still cheaper than petrol :)

my opinion, its a life style vehicle.

P.S lots of modding potentials for the truck too , hehehe

With the price i got it, you can easily buy a civic 2L ( b4 the crazy COE) and other nicer sedans, but well, my choice, hahaha

Cheers!

Nice [thumbsup]

there's a black hilux running around in singapore with a wide body kit.

that is the best looking double cab around locally.. quiet, yet loud!