Offer discounted flats with longer resale ban periods

Latka

This was under the old scheme, flats bought direct fm HDB can sell after 10 years. But sales were slow and to speed up collecting levy, they cut down to 5 years.

ST Forum

May 16, 2011

I REFER to the letter by Mr Goh Ah King last Friday ("Offer cheaper flats with shorter leases").

Another possibility is for HDB to offer flats with a longer resale prohibition period, such as 10 or 12 years, and price such flats at a bigger discount than normal flats.

This would benefit families who intend to live there for a longer term and encourage others to take a similarly longer view of their HDB flat.

I believe this is worth exploring together with the shorter lease option.

Alvin Tan

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

This was under the old scheme, flats bought direct fm HDB can sell after 10 years. But sales were slow and to speed up collecting levy, they cut down to 5 years.

ST Forum

May 16, 2011

I REFER to the letter by Mr Goh Ah King last Friday ("Offer cheaper flats with shorter leases").

Another possibility is for HDB to offer flats with a longer resale prohibition period, such as 10 or 12 years, and price such flats at a bigger discount than normal flats.

This would benefit families who intend to live there for a longer term and encourage others to take a similarly longer view of their HDB flat.

I believe this is worth exploring together with the shorter lease option.

Alvin Tan

cannot, wait you all can fully paid your HDB house earlier, maybe by age 45 and from 45 onwards, you starts to accumulate your CPF, or starts to relax, or don want to work, then when retired, withdraw CPF $$ + a house.... this is unacceptable.

we actually wants you to loan 30 to 35 years, and when you retire, you left only an old HDB flats and with zero CPF to withdraw.

They need lots and lots of money to plug a hole, you know.

Edited by Theone2010

No amount of subsidies or shorter lease term can help to make public housing affordable UNLESS

THE PROFIT MARGIN / MARK-UPS / TRUE COST is transparent.

i think now if u sell yr flat, u can only take back cash of ma $20k regardless how much cash you have profited right?

The rest of the cash profit will go into the payment of the new flat or into CPF. Right? anyone to share the latest hdb rules?

If you sell your 4rm flat, you have to return whatever you drew out from your cpf. Then from the profit, 1/2 of it goes back to you, 1/2 will be kept by hdb for you to buy a 5rm or bigger flat in future. This is provided you have taken grant, hdb loan or bought direct from HDB(etc BTO, walk in selection..etc)

Turbocharged
(edited)

If you sell your 4rm flat, you have to return whatever you drew out from your cpf. Then from the profit, 1/2 of it goes back to you, 1/2 will be kept by hdb for you to buy a 5rm or bigger flat in future. This is provided you have taken grant, hdb loan or bought direct from HDB(etc BTO, walk in selection..etc)

this one not true.. how i know?? i sold my house after the rule come out.

you keep all the cash. but next house, if you still take HDB loan. then 1/2 the cash profit will have to be pay in cash before taking the loan.

Eg.

you have 200K cash profit.

next house 500K. you want to take HDB loan. you got 100K in your CPF.

so you pay 500K -100K (CPF) - 100K (1/2 of cash profit) = 300K loan.

not sure applicable for bank loan or not. last i heard is, its not applicable.

Edited by Joseph22

these are the brains that we should engage in our policy making...we should chop of 1 or 2 MPs...take their allowance and get some of these guys to just to brain-storm in their free time for feasible ideas...

you keep all the cash. but next house, if you still take HDB loan. then 1/2 the cash profit will have to be pay in cash before taking the loan.

Eg.

If take bank loan cnfm no need to pay half of the cash profit.

these are the brains that we should engage in our policy making...we should chop of 1 or 2 MPs...take their allowance and get some of these guys to just to brain-storm in their free time for feasible ideas...

Our ideas is geared at saving money for citizens, where they want us?

No amount of subsidies or shorter lease term can help to make public housing affordable UNLESS

THE PROFIT MARGIN / MARK-UPS / TRUE COST is transparent.

Frankly no where in the world can you have the Cost price of Car, Profit of each car known to the Buyer. Only in SG.

What makes HDB flat any different ??

i wondered why are we paying MBT so much

when there are so many contributions (good ideas) from MCF

You dono lah... If he did not negotiate HARD with the Chief Valuer, your HDB flat will cost $1mil !!!!

You dono lah... If he did not negotiate HARD with the Chief Valuer, your HDB flat will cost $1mil !!!!

That is the reason why he is worth his million dollar salary!

Without him and his great policies, HDB flats may already cost S$1 mil and totally beyond the reach of Singaporeans

Frankly no where in the world can you have the Cost price of Car, Profit of each car known to the Buyer. Only in SG.

What makes HDB flat any different ??

Our system is quite transparent actually. In fact, it has been very open all the while. Look at our ministers pay. That is why LSS said Singapore should not be shy about having one of the highest paid civil services in the world.

(

)

We should also not be shy about having one of the most expenisve places to own a car in the world. Neither should we be shy about having the most expensive flats.

Eg.

than not so bad la, i heard can only keep 25k max. I wasw thinking where got enough for renovation with 25k, kns...

so now i am clear, thanks!

↡ Advertisement