Cartimes

Spo0nie

Neutral Newbie

CarTimes ties up with Tan Chong to offer extended warranty for pre-owned Nissan cars

Planning to get a Nissan over there, any people who have purchased Cars from there before?

And how can i trust the Warranty package?

↡ Advertisement

(edited)

"CarTimes" price tagged was much more pricely than other dealers. (Higher margins than other dealers do)

Extended warranty means car MUST be serviced by "Tan Chong" or else warranty will be void & null.

You've to check carefully what are the items covered and which items doesn't.

Was the following covered:-

- usual comsume-able items such as wiper blades, synthetic engine oil & oil & air filters, fuel filter (Every 40K to 60K interval replacements item that could be quite costly - additonal S$ 100+ depends on model fo car and this fuel filter locate beneath the rear butt-tock seat and quite time consuming for replacement work), coolant & air-con flush + air-con filter replacement ??

- Free labour during servicing ?

(Fyi, Nissan Normal Service Package range from approx. S$ 140 to S$ 400 or more depends on model of car & types of Service Interval Packages)

Edited by Jefkking

Neutral Newbie

Planning to get a Latio (OPC) however i am converting to a black plate one..

After converting price is around 37.5k its a 06 yr april model

Any comments on it ?

Milleage is 60k though

Bad experience with cartimes at ubi. Pressure sales to see a car and ask to place deposit to be the 1st to view. Then out of the blue pressure to pay down payment for a car I have not seen or even test drive. When arrive to see the car after arranging with them , they sold the car. Many times ask the sales about the exact model and make of car or date of registration they refuse to tell me even when press to ask about any accident they reply it’s a good car. Not honest as when pressure to pay deposit the sales people come in tag team to persuade you . The actual car I wanted was cheaper than the one they pressured me to buy. Be careful 

• Praise 3
  • Sad 1

43 minutes ago, Hamburger said:

You chose to stay behind and entertained them. 

Surely you could have snub them and ask them fly kite. 

I did when they punked me at Turf city. Been advertising a Serena e on SG Car Mart. Went down and they isn't a used one. Started asking me to buy a brand new one which wasn't my intention. Every sales staff in sigh got farked by me. I gave no face.

• Praise 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha! 4

Neutral Newbie

As a car dealer myself, we dont ask for deposit unless customer has seen the car, accept the car in whatever condition it is the proposal breakdown. So its a red-flag there however not all dealers have that practice. Keep looking out. Surely you will get your dream car soon.

• Praise 1

Supersonic
(edited)
On 2/28/2021 at 4:00 PM, Achtung said:

I did when they punked me at Turf city. Been advertising a Serena e on SG Car Mart. Went down and they isn't a used one. Started asking me to buy a brand new one which wasn't my intention. Every sales staff in sigh got farked by me. I gave no face.

Just walk away if encountered such sales staff. Dont even need to waste time and saliva to farked them. Lol.

Edited by 13177
  • Haha! 1

1 hour ago, adrianlim1968 said:

Thank you very much. I am still saving for my first car. Being a school teacher at age 52 with families to support never gave me that chance 

You are 52 now and have been saving for 25 years, you have been living your existing  lifestyle all this while, why would you want to spend your hard-earned saving on a car?  Keep some of your saving, spend some on thing that you like to do, live the same way you are, you would end up happier. Owning a car has a lot more financial liability than just the depreciation alone. Of course if you have reached a state of financail comfort to retire over the next couple of years, then it is fine to buy a car.

• Praise 2

1 hour ago, adrianlim1968 said:

Yes I should. It’s my mistake as it’s my first time buying car. I have been saving for 25 years for this so naturally I was too eager 

Car less for most part of your life and you probably got used to grab, MRT, etc. Why at 52? Kids and family?

If can afford, do it.  The quality of life with and without private transport can be as wide as the Grand Canyon.

• Praise 1

Saved for 25 years?

Must be a full cash customer.

Bring your bag of money to jamesc car dealers.

The most well known car dealer in MCF.

Only his MIL is more famous than him.

:grin:

Twincharged
(edited)
1 hour ago, Ct3833 said:

You are 52 now and have been saving for 25 years, you have been living your existing  lifestyle all this while, why would you want to spend your hard-earned saving on a car?  Keep some of your saving, spend some on thing that you like to do, live the same way you are, you would end up happier. Owning a car has a lot more financial liability than just the depreciation alone. Of course if you have reached a state of financail comfort to retire over the next couple of years, then it is fine to buy a car.

He Sounds like a troll. 😂

Edited by Mkl22
  • Haha! 4

2 hours ago, adrianlim1968 said:

Thank you very much. I am still saving for my first car. Being a school teacher at age 52 with families to support never gave me that chance 

You can try republic auto see any chance of pre-owned that are within your budget and considerations.

I am not affiliated to them.

23 minutes ago, Mkl22 said:

He Sounds like a troll. 😂

He said he is a teacher. Not true?

Hmm didn't read the subsequent postings thought he geniuely need as advices.

(edited)

Saved up for 25 years?

He will be paying in coins?

I should recommend him to my worse competitor.

Tie up his time counting the coins.

No time to do business.

:a-happy:

image.thumb.png.200be6ee6a0489b55b0c0e2a79fb1604.png

Edited by Jamesc
↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1