Where is the best learning centre to learn 2B?

Donut

Supercharged

I got this crazy idea to get a 2B bike license. you can say that my backside itchy, eat full full, nothing better to do.

So i'm asking where is the best (easiest) driving centre to learn?

In terms of $$, is there any difference between different centres?

↡ Advertisement

My advise is choose a centre nearest to your home.

Cos sometimes u may ride under the hot sun the whole session... or if suay, under rain (the sessions will go on even if it rains. They will provide wet weather gear but come with stinky sweat odour. No refund hor).

Believe me, u will be so tired/wet/uncomfortable u just want to get home quick.... like NOW.

I got this crazy idea to get a 2B bike license. you can say that my backside itchy, eat full full, nothing better to do.

So i'm asking where is the best (easiest) driving centre to learn?

In terms of $$, is there any difference between different centres?

Don't bother going for the so-called easy ones. If you're not focused on the training and practical lesson, you'll still not make it to the next one.

I went to CDC(NOT communicable Disease Centre lol) from my class 3 to my Class 2. Instructors were strict but they make it more worthwhile once that knowledge transfers onto the public roads.

All first time pass.

Supercharged

I found there 3 centres, which none of them is near to my home (Toa Payoh)...... sigh

Bukit Batok Driving Centre (BBDC)

815 Bukit Batok West Ave 5

Singapore 659085

Tel : 6561 1233

ComfortDelGro Driving Centre Pte Ltd

205 Ubi Ave 4

Singapore 408805

Tel : 6848 0617

Singapore Safety Driving Centre (SSDC)

2 Woodlands Industrial Park E4

Singapore 757387

Tel : 6482 6060

I found there 3 centres, which none of them is near to my home (Toa Payoh)...... sigh

Bukit Batok Driving Centre (BBDC)

815 Bukit Batok West Ave 5

Singapore 659085

Tel : 6561 1233

ComfortDelGro Driving Centre Pte Ltd

205 Ubi Ave 4

Singapore 408805

Tel : 6848 0617

Singapore Safety Driving Centre (SSDC)

2 Woodlands Industrial Park E4

Singapore 757387

Tel : 6482 6060

nearest should be cdc? take 8 alight at eunos link change bus.

i also had this crazy idea to take a class 2b now. (bikes so much more affordable than cars)

but now still considering should spent like $600 just to learn or will the money be wasted and can be put to better use. dilemma..

My advise is choose a centre nearest to your home.

Cos sometimes u may ride under the hot sun the whole session... or if suay, under rain (the sessions will go on even if it rains. They will provide wet weather gear but come with stinky sweat odour. No refund hor).

Believe me, u will be so tired/wet/uncomfortable u just want to get home quick.... like NOW.

SSDC is under shelter now.

nearest should be cdc? take 8 alight at eunos link change bus.

i also had this crazy idea to take a class 2b now. (bikes so much more affordable than cars)

but now still considering should spent like $600 just to learn or will the money be wasted and can be put to better use. dilemma..

First of all, do u have the patience to perservere even if the instructors fail u in earlier stages? Cause fail one stage cant get on to another. If u r good, takes 3 mths or less. I took my time, but 6 mths all cleared and TP first time past. I spent a total of around $800 cause I siao on and keep going back for revision. 8 years on...no regrets.

There is no such ting as best driving/riding centre la..sometimes they show on sign board they have the highest passing percentage blah2.

All BS la, ultimately all depends on you.

I suffered that time, i stayed bedok then, listen to frds, take at BBDC..dat time young no car nothing, took from bedok to bukit gombak mrt..

the madness..then have to take shuttle bus, if u late, then u have to walk there liao if u miss it..

Very tortorous then..wanted to give up 2B a few times..even the so called best driving centre i took 3x to pass..haha.

dats y i say all depends on u.

First of all, do u have the patience to perservere even if the instructors fail u in earlier stages? Cause fail one stage cant get on to another. If u r good, takes 3 mths or less. I took my time, but 6 mths all cleared and TP first time past. I spent a total of around $800 cause I siao on and keep going back for revision. 8 years on...no regrets.

haha i had a friend who just took. spent $700+ and 6 months. said it was quite crowded nowadays..

im still considering. kinda lazy to keep going there and learn and the money. what a dilemma.

Like U.. I started in early Apr, now waiting for RTT concurrent Practical lessons.

But now TP instructed changes. New enrollment have to take theory, pass RTT before they can touch the bike.

Also, coming soon, need to clock more practical lessons before u can attempt TP...

Also, there is a compulsary 1 hr orientation lesson before Practical lesson one.....

So dun hestitate and quickly enrol before more rules come in.. :)

I'm aiming to pass asap... so far progress is slow... Lesson 1 & 2 took twice each... :( but then take it slow & easy since its for fun :)

Supercharged

I think it's not money wasted. I see it as a skill that u may need it in future. U never know.

I'm driving now. Got car, got mrt at my door step. But having a bike license will be useful

$700 for lifetime is really peanuts. If u have another 40 more years to live, $700 divide, it's peanuts lor

I was inspired by having a bike license when I was in Phuket last week. I saw lots of tourists all riding scooters, zipping around there. I told myself its so fun to ride there. No need to take cab, no need to bargain for fare, own time own target, can park anywhere u want. I also found out it's only 250 baht ($10) per day for rental.

If these tourists can do it, why can't I? So I decides to take up bike license.

I think it's not money wasted. I see it as a skill that u may need it in future. U never know.

I'm driving now. Got car, got mrt at my door step. But having a bike license will be useful

$700 for lifetime is really peanuts. If u have another 40 more years to live, $700 divide, it's peanuts lor

I was inspired by having a bike license when I was in Phuket last week. I saw lots of tourists all riding scooters, zipping around there. I told myself its so fun to ride there. No need to take cab, no need to bargain for fare, own time own target, can park anywhere u want. I also found out it's only 250 baht ($10) per day for rental.

If these tourists can do it, why can't I? So I decides to take up bike license.

Same man! I've lived so many years already still dunno how to ride a bike...OHHH the shame [blush] !

Recently, my senior colleague also just got his 2B license and a Phantom bike. So envy! After watching all those 'american chopper' shows on Discovery, feel damn 'gian' to ride lei, but must aim for Class 2 eventually. 2nd hand Harley's can be gotten at $15k only! COE not a problem either!

class 2B today is kinda hard to obtain.

last time only 5 stages, now i think 8 stages.

8 stages = 5 inside circuits + 3 outside road.

also, you need to pass RTT (Riding Theory Test).

try to book your practical lessons during evening time.

daytime can be really hot and you will get sun burn.

during wet weather, lessons like emergency brake, slope and S-course or something can easily skid.

after you had obtained 2B, 2A and 2 are much easier to obtain.

as for the location, i think BBDC should be better and i did mine there.

Woodlands and Bukit Batok area have lesser traffic.

Ubi seemed to be kinda filled with traffic and not so good for learners, especially during the test.

it is quite an experience not to be missed! ;-)

just my 2cents worth.

BBDC...

Got chio bu at information counter.

Love her fake eyelashes.

How I wish I can hook up with her and give her a ride.

↡ Advertisement