Any comments for Chevrolet Optra

Quantum

I chance upon this and the last input was Dec 2013. Nevertheless, there are still some old optra around. I drove one for 5 years and I bought it new.

Fuel efficiency is around 9-10 km/l at most. I would consider the engine powerful because it didn't jerk back when you push for it. I drove at 160 km/hr in NW highway with ease. It is a heavy car thus stable even at that speed. Don't give me any problem till....

A few days after my 160 km/h, the car 'loss power' on AYE. Luckily there is no cars behind me, it was a Sunday. otherwise, you can imagine if it was in NW highway when this happen. Engine still running but no gear engaged. I stop at the side and stop the engine. Re-start it work fine but within 5 meters, the same thing happen.

I was told it is the auto trans switch or something like that that fails. It will cost around $5-6K. If this is a Jap car, it is less than $1K.

I am not sure why this happen or will it happen on other cars/models. It is definitely very dangerous. I told the agent when I bought my other car to please scrap it. I won't dare to drive it anymore.

I have not heard of similar problem face by other and I have driven many other brands. Maybe it is just this car or others can share. If you owns one, do be careful.

↡ Advertisement

Hi! Wonder if any Optra Estate owners are scrapping their cars. I am keen in buying over the cabin boot cover as mine just spoilt. SMS me at 90272255. Tks! -Burns

• Praise 1

i bought chevy optra back in 2007, now average about 18km/l. Overall wonderful ride.

Absolutely amazing economical fuel consumption.

Yours must be the only Optra in the entire universe that gives 18km/l.

Absolutely amazing economical fuel consumption.

Yours must be the only Optra in the entire universe that gives 18km/l.

Damp ! Better than my 5 year old hybrid...
  • Praise 1

Hi Guys

I have an optra going to scrap in the next 2 weeks, if any optra owners needs any parts from the car, please PM me. We can work out something.

Off hand I know the rims and tyres are in good condition, 4 pieces of kumho PS31 205/55/16 on  16" original Chevrolet rims. I am looking at selling these before scrap. Anyone interested please PM me. The tyres are made  0116 and has traveled less than 10,000km till date.

otherwise the whole car will go to scrap yard. Thanks and have a great weekend.

• Praise 3

Hi folks, Would like to get your thoughts on whether it's worth extending the COE on my Optra. Its difficult to find a new car that is as spacious as the Optra. Any potential mechanical problems besides usual wear and tear issues? Thanks

• Praise 1

Hi Guys,

My apology for interrupting here as I m a newbie here and can't start a new thread.

My 2007 Chevy Optra radio requires a login 4 digit code after i changed its battery, tried all numbers i could from google search but to no avail. Grateful to anyone who can provide or assist in getting the code numbers. Many thanks.

• Praise 1

(edited)

Hi Guys,

My apology for interrupting here as I m a newbie here and can't start a new thread.

My 2007 Chevy Optra radio requires a login 4 digit code after i changed its battery, tried all numbers i could from google search but to no avail. Grateful to anyone who can provide or assist in getting the code numbers. Many thanks.

I believe you bought a 2nd car and just replaced your car battery which caused the radio security to reset.

Go to any audio shop, ask them to remove the head unit, then look out for a 4 digit pin on a sticker on the side.. And dun lose the number again..

Don't bother wild guessing the code, unless you have the patience to try from 0000 to 9999.. And it will deny any entry for 10mins after every 3 failed attempts

Edited by Optramagnum
  • Praise 1

Hi Guys,

Alpine can also do it for you for $75, but since any ICE installer can do it, am sure they will charge lower

Hi guys,

Thanks for your replies. I got the code, n its pretty easy. Just call Alpine at 65113022 and the folks there were very helpful, gave them my car number n they immediately provided me the 4digit code. Anyone who encounters this problem do feel free to call them. Good n free service.

Neutral Newbie

did some housekeeping and found the following redundant items; who want ?

Hi. Is the item still available? I am driving an optra too
  • Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Today we are spoilt for choice once it will come SUVs. There have been more 4x4 motor vehicles on the market but which presents its own set of issues for car consumers seeking the perfect 1. So i would recommend you Volvo XC40

Supersonic

Today we are spoilt for choice once it will come SUVs. There have been more 4x4 motor vehicles on the market but which presents its own set of issues for car consumers seeking the perfect 1. So i would recommend you Volvo XC40

8g6oee.jpg

↡ Advertisement