Anyone who has a 2019 starlet and might wanna sell?

Jeronamo

Neutral Newbie

anyone wanna sell their starlet that can last till 2019?:/

I want to get one too. My existing one is expiring in August this year.

Neutral Newbie

Pardon me , how come you guys want a starlet ? to me its kinda ugly and old... unless u all like retro ? [laugh]

bro, beauty is in the eyes of the beholder, and if you'd driven one you'd know why the starlet is a car to keep. its a retro and a car that you'd never be able to get from the newer cars we have in singapore now! the car gives you the raw feel that new cars can get from all the new aids that has been added to make driving lazier.

Wait long long.. many of them will have been scrapped by this year.. about time :P

And those who renewed COE are in no hurry to sell

bro, beauty is in the eyes of the beholder, and if you'd driven one you'd know why the starlet is a car to keep. its a retro and a car that you'd never be able to get from the newer cars we have in singapore now! the car gives you the raw feel that new cars can get from all the new aids that has been added to make driving lazier.

Interesting but wouldn't this apply to all old cars? 120Y, Pulsar, Charade etc. Why do you like Starlet in particular?

(edited)

1992 Toyota Starlet, that's when I was in University.

No flaming pls, I rather drive any 9yrs old Jap/Kor and scrap it off at the 10yrs mark, else take MRT.

My friend scrapping his close to 10 yrs old Nissan Sunny 1.6A next week. Scrapping at paper $13K + $200 body value, tell him not to give any dealer to renew COE and scrap it next week. Now, he is itching to get a used 5yrs old BMW/Merc with budget of $60K buying in cash coz all the gals who seen his car all siam to take his car and took my 6.5 yrs old Bimmer and 5 yrs old Tucson anytime. My very 1st car a 9 year old Hyundal Stellar in 1995, had a good one year of drive and scrap it and never look back since then

Maybe, when I have no more income, ah pek at 55yrs old will consider such retro cars. Btw, just curious what's the profile and age group of such 1992 retro Starlet in mycarforum? Is it Students, Uncles, Retirees, Salesman, freshies or fresh graduates from ITE/Uni/Poly ?

Edited by Amazon777

120Y, pulsar, charade not easy to maintain as for starlets, it's easy and reliable to maintain..

Neutral Newbie

1992 Toyota Starlet, that's when I was in University.

No flaming pls, I rather drive any 9yrs old Jap/Kor and scrap it off at the 10yrs mark, else take MRT.

My friend scrapping his close to 10 yrs old Nissan Sunny 1.6A next week. Scrapping at paper $13K + $200 body value, tell him not to give any dealer to renew COE and scrap it next week. Now, he is itching to get a used 5yrs old BMW/Merc with budget of $60K buying in cash coz all the gals who seen his car all siam to take his car and took my 6.5 yrs old Bimmer and 5 yrs old Tucson anytime. My very 1st car a 9 year old Hyundal Stellar in 1995, had a good one year of drive and scrap it and never look back since then

Maybe, when I have no more income, ah pek at 55yrs old will consider such retro cars. Btw, just curious what's the profile and age group of such 1992 retro Starlet in mycarforum? Is it Students, Uncles, Retirees, Salesman, freshies or fresh graduates from ITE/Uni/Poly ?

37 year old teacher. For the newer cars with the CVT, autobox, DSG... you don't drive the car. It drives itself. You just point and squirt. That's fine if you like that sort of commuting, but old cars like the Starlet give you involvement. To each his own guess. Why Starlet and not some other old car? The Starlet is well engineered so it does not breakdown easily. My 1992 Starlet has not broken down since I got it 1.5 years ago. You need to deal with the wear and tear stuff,but that is to be expected from all cars whether new or 19 years old. The other well engineered car to consider is the 1992 Corolla. Another well-made car. Sigh. Toyota don't make them like they used to anymore. My Dad's 2008 Corolla feels flimsy.

Neutral Newbie

120Y, pulsar, charade not easy to maintain as for starlets, it's easy and reliable to maintain..

You got that right bro. TUV in Germany rated the Starlet as one of the most reliable cars on earth!

Neutral Newbie

Wait long long.. many of them will have been scrapped by this year.. about time :P

And those who renewed COE are in no hurry to sell

Brother, have some sensitivity please. Some of our bros here are losing "friends and family" this Aug, not just their cars. It's unfortunate that we live in place with a stupid thing called COE. If it was designed to stop traffic jams, it's doing a damn lousy job. If I have to pay $40000 for the rights to own a car, I'd bloody drive more, not less, since the fixed cost is so much compared to the petrol cost.

Brother, have some sensitivity please. Some of our bros here are losing "friends and family" this Aug, not just their cars. It's unfortunate that we live in place with a stupid thing called COE. If it was designed to stop traffic jams, it's doing a damn lousy job. If I have to pay $40000 for the rights to own a car, I'd bloody drive more, not less, since the fixed cost is so much compared to the petrol cost.

don't worry about the troll.

anyway, it's great that you guys are loving the car and take pride in it!

gd luck in ur search.

Agree with this 100%. It is strange but yet many of us feel strong attachment to our cars and like many would agree, older cars often have a lot more character and driving feel than their modern counterparts. And indeed, if my car's COE is expiring and I know I won't be renewing it, I'll be taking a lot of "last drives" with it instead of keeping it parked at home!

Ignore this troll who seems to have some issues with old cars. He probably got smoked by an old car and still can't get over it [laugh]

Agree with this 100%. It is strange but yet many of us feel strong attachment to our cars and like many would agree, older cars often have a lot more character and driving feel than their modern counterparts. And indeed, if my car's COE is expiring and I know I won't be renewing it, I'll be taking a lot of "last drives" with it instead of keeping it parked at home!

Ignore this troll who seems to have some issues with old cars. He probably got smoked by an old car and still can't get over it [laugh]

That troll has issues with everything la, that's why he's a troll. [laugh]

Neutral Newbie

The troll is just one of those who just "don't geddit" [laugh] [laugh]

It's just like some people who cannot fathom aesthetics so it's no wonder that they lack any sensitivity making comments without thinking [:)]

Also it's rather narrow-minded to try to profile owners of starlets as students or first time car owners or simply lower income bracket.

There are many people out there who can afford nice cars and indeed do own them but still it's nothing like owning a starlet.

That said the starlet is one of the most pleasurable cars to drive and also to mod hehe.....sighh really miss those days.

Guys we ought to organize 1 last big bang for past n current owners and also starlet lovers before aug comes...let's go out with a big bang at least hahah

Does anyone here drive a Lime green Starlet with a scoop on the bonnet?

Think this guy stays near my place.

↡ Advertisement